Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Election night, 2004. :smithicide:

The McDonalds burn from coffee punchline is really sad when you know what actually happened. :(

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Aw, it's so sad when the election starts to turn and Jon begins realizing Bush will win.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe I'm watching Bush win his second term all over again. For some reason my brain fast forwarded to 2008, which was much more hopeful.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Ahahaha gently caress all these states. From the future I laugh at you, you gay hating bastards.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

All those anti-gay bills... 2004 was a nightmare.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

92% yes for banning gay marriage in Mississippi. Most of those guys are probably still around. Hopefully they're suitably ashamed.

Also, rageahol!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

THE BUSH CACKLE HAS COME.

The most punchable presidential face.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Now I've muted the stream for a bit and cracked open the booze. In true D&D fashion

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Boywhiz88 posted:

Now I've muted the stream for a bit and cracked open the booze. In true D&D fashion

UncleSamGetBombed.jpg

Witty Banter
Apr 1, 2009
So 4 years of darkness, then the 08 election.

When does the dawn of Glen Beck come upon us?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Witty Banter posted:

So 4 years of darkness, then the 08 election.

When does the dawn of Glen Beck come upon us?
Soon. My first intro to him was his awkward talk with Keith Ellison, which was still way before his real rise. Not even sure if TDS covered it.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Did i miss the crossfire incident?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Soon. My first intro to him was his awkward talk with Keith Ellison, which was still way before his real rise. Not even sure if TDS covered it.

A big part of me wanting to move into MPLS is to be part of Keith's district. By far one of my favorite House members.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh my god someone tell me that Ed Helms interview we just saw is up online. The one where Florida kept a woman from voting for not checking a retard box.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

They kept up loving over voters in 2004 loving florida

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

Oh my god someone tell me that Ed Helms interview we just saw is up online. The one where Florida kept a woman from voting for not checking a retard box.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/tcu4i5/slow-voter-turnout

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Echo Chamber posted:

Glenn Beck was on HLN for a long time. People always though Nancy Grace was the true terror and he was a nice guy.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Wait a minute, was that lawyer's name Maury Levy?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I remember seeing this live. What's The Matter With Kansas? I wish this guy would go back and take a look at these loving idiots that live there.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Iran nuclear deal and Rouhani!

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Wait... are they replaying the cooter segment?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's still happening!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol there's a link to ed helms interview on the page

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol there's a link to ed helms interview on the page

"Our concept is silly and lewd, but we're running with it anyway!" America. :allears:

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I could have sworn that they aired that Cooter Festival segment sometime in the past few days. Like they just didn't have enough material in this episode and tried to sneakily replay it, figuring no one would notice. Am I crazy?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Just hopping back in after my internet stopped working for a half-day. Are we in 2005 yet?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

I could have sworn that they aired that Cooter Festival segment sometime in the past few days. Like they just didn't have enough material in this episode and tried to sneakily replay it, figuring no one would notice. Am I crazy?

There's been a couple of repeated segments, like Sam Bee's South Carolina small liquor bottles one.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

gently caress Rumsfeld. I cannot watch The Known Unknown because I think I'd have to be crippling, puking drunk to get through it.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Boywhiz88 posted:

gently caress Rumsfeld. I cannot watch The Known Unknown because I think I'd have to be crippling, puking drunk to get through it.
We still have two more years of this guy. :(

That bit Stewart did a few weeks ago about Rummy finally admitting a lot of wrong was a bit dark. Stewart talked about how unsatisfying it was; considering how Iraq is still living the nightmare. That and Stewart's response to Charleston are a good summary of why Stewart is finally tired of doing the show.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 12, 2015

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

That bit Stewart did a few weeks ago about Rummy finally admitting a lot of wrong was a bit dark. Stewart talked about how unsatisfying it was; considering how Iraq is still living the nightmare. That and Stewart's response to Charleston are a good summary of why Stewart is finally tired of doing the show.

Please link if you could!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Veskit posted:

Please link if you could!
The Rummy Returns - Learning Curves Are for Pussies

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Echo Chamber posted:

Carlin seemed to be the same way towards the end. Tired of saying the same poo poo and being largely ignored over all.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

I thought you were talking about the known unkown as in what he said not that there was a documentary that is impossibly hard not to puke entirely through.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Seeing Kate Bosworth and Kevin Spacey promote the same movie on consecutive nights just makes me think of the whitewashed 21 movie which comes out four years later, which also starred the two of them and was produced by Spacey.

Spacey got away with producing that whitewashed poo poo and continues carrying a certain folk hero status among pop culture geeks. I'm just venting. gently caress 21. Hollywood's still racist.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Echo Chamber posted:

Seeing Kate Bosworth and Kevin Spacey promote the same movie on consecutive nights just makes me think of the whitewashed 21 movie which comes out four years later, which also starred the two of them and was produced by Spacey.

Spacey got away with producing that whitewashed poo poo and continues carrying a certain folk hero status among pop culture geeks. I'm just venting. gently caress 21. Hollywood's still racist.

I hated 21 because I was working as a blackjack and texas hold'em dealer during that time and every. single. loving. customer would say "winner winner chicken dinner" on winning a hand

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Veskit posted:

I thought you were talking about the known unkown as in what he said not that there was a documentary that is impossibly hard not to puke entirely through.

Errol Morris did one years earlier with Robert MacNamara about the Vietname War. MacNamara is so loving full of regret. Still a turd for what he did during that era, but he looked back and was remorseful. He learned something. I think it's like 12 lessons that he talks about in Fog of War.

My understanding is that Errol Morris walked away disgusted from Rumsfeld because that guy has held loving firm. No remorse. No admissions of doubt of his actions. Just this sick loving smugness.

I seriously can only watch it if I'm with a few more like minded people and we each have a fifth.

And the name was based off that "Known Unknown" bullshit he said, yeah

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Boywhiz88 posted:

Errol Morris did one years earlier with Robert MacNamara about the Vietname War. MacNamara is so loving full of regret. Still a turd for what he did during that era, but he looked back and was remorseful. He learned something. I think it's like 12 lessons that he talks about in Fog of War.

My understanding is that Errol Morris walked away disgusted from Rumsfeld because that guy has held loving firm. No remorse. No admissions of doubt of his actions. Just this sick loving smugness.

I seriously can only watch it if I'm with a few more like minded people and we each have a fifth.

And the name was based off that "Known Unknown" bullshit he said, yeah

McNamara was still pretty young when he was in government, he's had to grow and learn on what he did.

Russell on the other hand has well passed his development stage. He's grown to the man he is and is comfortable with the choices he's made.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I guess he really did stop giving a gently caress. The only criticism i had of stewart and oliver was their constant need to tow the line of comedians and not reporters so that they can reflect as a comedy mirror but I wish they'd just say they make current events or news entertaining so you could actually hear what they believe, like in that video.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
One more episode left in 2004 (Katie Couric). A new year starts in about a half an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I AM THE JAGUAR OF THE FLAMES

Jon?

• Locked thread