Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Davincie posted:

classic dragons dogma, game is shaping up to be good

i'm watching 8 people right now fight griffons and ogres and trolls and HOLY gently caress THIS BETTER COME TO THE US

like right now the griffon is flying around and 3 players crawling all over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

link to the stream?

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

This Rocket league huh, its pretty good. Taking me off of Witcher from time to time

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Obsurveyor posted:

Rocket League requires 100 terabytes? :cheeky:

Never Not Saving Replays.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Davincie posted:

link to the stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/imas_rorona

they are close to finishing it looks

edit: the stream just started another 8 person battle, check it out!!!

abagofcheetos fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 11, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

first person i saw was named emilia daenarys, glad to see dumb naming trends in mmo are universal

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Feenix posted:

Never Not Saving Replays.

Excellent point!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Looks like I need to get a Japanese PSN account and sign up for that beta thing and then maybe learn to speak and read Japanese so I can actually play it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I watched some Japanese dude play DDO for like 2 hours and was sold on it. DD was one of my favorite games last gen and having a bigger world of that is exactly what I want.

cat doter posted:

Looks like I need to get a Japanese PSN account and sign up for that beta thing and then maybe learn to speak and read Japanese so I can actually play it.

It's IP locked so you'll have to gently caress around with VPN bullshit just to play it even if you get accepted.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Is it actually IP locked? I remember someone mentioning it *might* be but nothing that said if it is or not

edit: watching that stream makes me really want to play it. So smooth and hi-rez compared to DD on PS3

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Rocket League is a lot of fun and I am suitably impressed. Seems like it's up there with the best of the free stuff they've had on offer with PS+.

I am too, playing it on my own was fun enough but with a team of people was amazing.

Also Car-Fu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPk6jgpnQwU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just got 100% on First Light! That's probably the most fun game I've played on the PS4 so far. The arenas get insane in the higher waves, you can't stop moving or you're hosed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Smelly posted:

Is Dragon's Dogma online still going to be a Japan only game? I really want to play it. :ohdear:

It didn't occur to me that it might be a Japanese only game. I hope this is not true.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I am too, playing it on my own was fun enough but with a team of people was amazing.

That was so much better than I could have dreamed

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

It didn't occur to me that it might be a Japanese only game. I hope this is not true.

I'd say that it'd be really dumb if a western-styled game like this didn't come over, but DD did poorly over here and pretty well over in Japan, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Motto posted:

I'd say that it'd be really dumb if a western-styled game like this didn't come over, but DD did poorly over here and pretty well over in Japan, right?

Correct. In total, worldwide, it has only sold 1.3 million copies.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Being F2P means it will probably have a bunch of Japanese marketing tie-ins (anime costumes, etc) and I'm worried they will just say gently caress it to worrying about the licensing issues for that stuff with the rest of the world. That's one reason PSO2 never got localized elsewhere, I assume.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Being F2P means it will probably have a bunch of Japanese marketing tie-ins (anime costumes, etc) and I'm worried they will just say gently caress it to worrying about the licensing issues for that stuff with the rest of the world. That's one reason PSO2 never got localized elsewhere, I assume.

Sega is a bunch of butts. :( They even said it was coming to America, that was back in 2012. For what it's worth I played the Japanese version and honestly PSO2 is a garbage game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

Sega is a bunch of butts. :( They even said it was coming to America, that was back in 2012. For what it's worth I played the Japanese version and honestly PSO2 is a garbage game.
Good or bad, PSO2 is one of my most played games ever. DDO might finally end my addiction though, we'll see.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 12, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I will be very sad and disappointed if Dragon's Dogma doesn't get localized. DD is awesome.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Here's the #1 player (in terms of skill) giving some excellent meta-analysis and commentary for new players in Rocket League http://www.twitch.tv/camgears

must-watch if you're new and want to get good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Chekans 3 16 posted:

jesus poledancing christ...

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

a cop posted:

Here's the #1 player (in terms of skill) giving some excellent meta-analysis and commentary for new players in Rocket League http://www.twitch.tv/camgears

That guy is god damned good at them rocket cars. Made his own teammate rage quit and everything!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I thought you guys were just being dumb nerds, but it tutbd out rocket league is just that drat good!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

a cop posted:

Good grief that breaks my brain.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just got a PS4 2 days ago, and this makes me feel like a dumb old man but I have to ask:

How the hell do I just watch a DVD on this thing? I know there was like a day-1 patch for DVD / Blu-Ray functionality, and my system updates are all up to date, but when I put in the disc, nothing happens. I've looked under all the tabs and I don't see anything even remotely related to it. Is there something else I need to update? Am I just blind and missing something obvious?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The disc icon should change to Play DVD or something like that.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Just got a PS4 2 days ago, and this makes me feel like a dumb old man but I have to ask:

How the hell do I just watch a DVD on this thing? I know there was like a day-1 patch for DVD / Blu-Ray functionality, and my system updates are all up to date, but when I put in the disc, nothing happens. I've looked under all the tabs and I don't see anything even remotely related to it. Is there something else I need to update? Am I just blind and missing something obvious?

Coincidentally today was the first time I ever watched a DVD on my PS4, and no icon showed up for me either at first. I had to look up online to see if I was missing something. After my PS4 froze up and I had to reset it by unplugging the cord in the back, I turned the system back on and the DVD icon appeared on the main menu.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

BisterdDave posted:

Coincidentally today was the first time I ever watched a DVD on my PS4, and no icon showed up for me either at first. I had to look up online to see if I was missing something. After my PS4 froze up and I had to reset it by unplugging the cord in the back, I turned the system back on and the DVD icon appeared on the main menu.

This is exactly what happened to me. :psyduck:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I took a month-long break from The Witcher 3 when I got to the big area, and now it's not as fun as it was when I was just exploring White Orchard or whatever it's called.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

White Orchard is literally just a smaller version of the Velen/Novigrad area and you do all the same things in it as you did in that tutorial area

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

PS4 can't comprehend someone not wanting the superior sound and visual quality of blu ray(tm).

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Rocket League!!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

dog nougat posted:

Rocket League!!

It's the game.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Heads up for those who don't know: There's a Rocket League thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718089

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

This is exactly what happened to me. :psyduck:

I didn't have to reboot my PS4 or anything, but it took a full minute for the icon to show up. Weird.

Sometimes I wake up early, and being in CST there are still lots of nutcases drunkenly streaming themselves on PS4. I like to browse through them while waiting for coffee to kick in, but I think I found my favorite:

These people have a PS4, camera, presumably TV, and internet connection in a motherfucking boat. This is the second time I've seen them, so hopefully they'll make it a regular thing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder if I'll be able to continue my beta character into the normal release of DDO...

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wonder if I'll be able to continue my beta character into the normal release of DDO...

Gonna guess no but you'll get a nice cosmetic item!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Smelly posted:

Heads up for those who don't know: There's a Rocket League thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718089

Look at the last person to post about Rocket League before your post, then go use the post count feature on the RL thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I'm on the awful app, can you even do post count on this?

Either way, was just saying in case people want to organize games or something. v:shobon:v

Edit: yeah I see what you mean. Point still stands though, my post was directed to those that didn't know about the thread.

Draven fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 12, 2015

• Locked thread