Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My interpretation is that a set of police roof lights are shooting bitmapped frogs all over the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Heisenberg1276 posted:

Our game now has heart surgery

Couple things (though this looks amusing already): Should probably move the scalpel so the tip of it is the mouse pointer, so it looks more natural. Additionally, the blood from the organs probably shouldn't penetrate all the way through the patient and onto the floor. :gonk:

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

xzzy posted:

My interpretation is that a set of police roof lights are shooting bitmapped frogs all over the planet.

Aw geez, you've ruined the surprise!

It's called "Police Academy 8: Not That Kind of Amphibian Vehicle"

Heisenberg1276
Apr 13, 2007

G-Prime posted:

Couple things (though this looks amusing already): Should probably move the scalpel so the tip of it is the mouse pointer, so it looks more natural. Additionally, the blood from the organs probably shouldn't penetrate all the way through the patient and onto the floor. :gonk:

I tried to make the patient and the bed bloody instead, but because of the transparency it's going to require some masking (to ensure that the blood only appears on the visible area of the patient for example - not in the gap between the arms and the body)

Yep... that's going to need some work...

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Making good progress. I loaded up the software to start building the game and drank half a bottle of wine.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Devian666 posted:

Making good progress. I loaded up the software to start building the game and drank half a bottle of wine.

This. 4 beers in and I have a single 8.5x11 storyboard with stick figures.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
oh hell naw

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 11, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How many balls on the edge of a cliff does it have.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Windows 98 posted:

A bunch of GBS bullshit

That poo poo doesn't belong here, please shill your game in the Game Dev megathread if you must.

Calipark fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 11, 2015

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:

:siren: IN-GAME FOOTAGE, NOT PRE-RENDERED :siren:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I sunk like 20hrs into my project to get something playable, discovered it totally sucked, was going nowhere, and would require a boatload more time and effort doing boring stuff and burning me out even more.
So, I scrapped it. I'll be damned if I'm going up on that wall though.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
That third button!

Say, is the Zardoz head model from last year still floating around anywhere?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

sighnoceros posted:

:siren: IN-GAME FOOTAGE, NOT PRE-RENDERED :siren:

I came.

Progress report, day 11:

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 30, 2015

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
It wouldn't be a trucksim without a customizable truck

Look at dem pimped out xo-chip rims

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

Buffis posted:

This is priceless.

Truck cosplay, the best cosplay.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

JonTerp posted:

That poo poo doesn't belong here, please shill your game in the Game Dev megathread if you must.
gently caress no don't shill in the game dev thread either. Don't shill anywhere please. Be a human being.

Buffis posted:

Less shill, more of THIS.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 11, 2015

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

Say, is the Zardoz head model from last year still floating around anywhere?

Did someone order a Zardoz head?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1mG717URIGtakplTEhGTUFQQlU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Behold

Glad I have a whole weekend free lol

Edit:

A little texture goes a long way, now I need to detail the boat a bit more.

Edit 2:

For the first time in a long time I am actually enjoying making the graphics :monocle:

root of all eval fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 12, 2015

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm super behind

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Name chosen, logo made, JOB DONE

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

What are the odds that more than one game would involve fish? Looks great :D

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Shoehead posted:

I'm super behind

FARTBUTTS420

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
Well I lost at least part of the week due to re-installing Windows 10 with the wrong ISO but at least made some progress.

Also lost a fair amount of time to trying to solve the whole rigidbodies going through walls thing.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So I blew more than one day trying to figure out a faster way to create and draw maps in the game. Then realized that doing it manually or just making a single big image would actually have taken less time then what I was doing given the simplicity of the game I'm making. Of course I also figured out fun ways to stack sprites on top of one another, keep them together, and turn them on and off as needed to have things like stuff that draws over other stuff and extra decorations and features like carpet stains and stuff. Rather than just making a single new tile I can layer stuff now! Amazing!

I LEARNED THINGS! X is already successful!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

In what might be the most :geno: update I'll ever do, I'm teaching NPCS how to drive relatively safely. Hooray.

e: Updated gif to make it slightly more exciting.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 12, 2015

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008
Alright, progress! I feel very good about how much I was able to get done today. HTML-based GUI (which will make things very very fast for me to make a nice GUI, because webdev is my day job), weapons saving and loading to and from JSON files, and local multiplayer. Awww yiss!

(It's not the most exciting gif... but it's hard to work multiple controllers at once!)

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Full footage: http://gfycat.com/FormalCookedBuffalo

Someone on Twitter demanded more bouncing car gifs, so I obliged them

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't know what the game is but considering all I do in gta v is ram people and laugh at the carnage I'm pretty sure you're on the right track.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Any easy Unity 2D tile editor solutions? Currently going to try out Tiled with Tiled2Unity but I thought I'd ask before I get anywhere far into it.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Takanago posted:

Full footage: http://gfycat.com/FormalCookedBuffalo

Someone on Twitter demanded more bouncing car gifs, so I obliged them

This looks so loving good

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:argh: I'm still working on the physics!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

:argh: I'm still working on the physics!

every gif you put up is a compelling argument about the existence of god it is so fantastic

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
12 continuous hours of work, ladies and gentlemen:

Edit:

You thought it was M. Bison, but it was actually I, FULANA.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 12, 2015

ether
May 20, 2001

Wrangling Unreal Engine to allow for gravity in more directions besides Z takes effort (mostly getting someone elses code to compile into a usable UEEditor.exe) but now I have the gameplay mechanic that is needed for my final idea. A parcour-game without a logical and fixed gravity. I was hoping for Local Color to make something related to MC Escher but critical omission serves that purpose just fine in hindsight.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
Still Screenshot Saturday because I haven't gone to sleep on probably my most productive day yet. But I am now.

Linked for size: http://i.imgur.com/FllMDpt.gif

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alright that grappling hook maneuver is sick

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
After many hours of work.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Alright that grappling hook maneuver is sick

Gonna have to second this, that grappling hook move looks rad as loving hell.

I'd probably quote the rest of this page too because basically everything looks great and inspires me to keep working on my nowhere near as cool yet game.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

sighnoceros posted:

Still Screenshot Saturday because I haven't gone to sleep on probably my most productive day yet. But I am now.

Linked for size: http://i.imgur.com/FllMDpt.gif
Poop Chute Shoot?

... that really was a sick grapple move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
Man if you were impressed with that tired 6-in-the-morning "ok gotta make a gif" grapple you're gonna love this game, me and Tann have been grappling the hell out of stuff for the past week.

(Note that this is what the game looked like 5 days ago)

• Locked thread