Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Ror posted:

Rick and Morty thread, this is a court order, it says you can't post poo poo anymore.

Alright thread, when you're right you're right. Now I'm hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jul 11, 2015

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

WubbalubbadubDUBS!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

God drat. Shut the gently caress up about Community.

You people are the reason others don't like Community. We don't want to be like you so we grow to hate the show. But it's not the show we hate, it's you. You the fans of Community. We hate you.

Shut the gently caress up you fag.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waltzing Along posted:

You people are the reason others don't like Community. We don't want to be like you so we grow to hate the show. But it's not the show we hate, it's you. You the fans of Community. We hate you.

Community is bad, but so is Rick and Morty.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

However, that post was worse than either of them

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Waltzing Along posted:

lol shut up you little b*tch

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

When a fan asked if Evil Morty would return in the season, which earned a loud cheer from the crowd, Harmon lamented that he now wished he had a different response to the query. "Talk about a reaction to a question that makes us know the answer is wrong," Harmon said.
That's a very good way to not answer the question.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

EatinCake posted:

That's a very good way to not answer the question.

I'm pretty sure he was saying "No, Evil Morty will not be back."

edit: I think this is almost as good an answer as "trust me, you don't want to know how many answers that question has."

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Oh, let's keep talking about what show has the worst fanbase. I'd say either Doctor Who of Firefly. But there's so much crossover there. I just fuckin' hate fat neckbeards.

And yes, I know where I'm posting.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Unmature posted:

Oh, let's keep talking about what show has the worst fanbase. I'd say either Doctor Who of Firefly. But there's so much crossover there. I just fuckin' hate fat neckbeards.

And yes, I know where I'm posting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Zim has a pretty bad fanbase.

I do not talk to them.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My bet's on Supernatural.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

CelticPredator posted:

Zim has a pretty bad fanbase.

I do not talk to them.

Zim's fanbase is so loving terrible that I'm embarrassed to like it. Actually this is pretty much true of Jhonen Vasquez's stuff in general.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Funkmaster General posted:

Zim's fanbase is so loving terrible that I'm embarrassed to like it. Actually this is pretty much true of Jhonen Vasquez's stuff in general.

Imagine you owned the rights to both Invader Zim and Jack Skellington.

Hoooooly poo poo you'd basically corner the market on fat goth girls. You'd get all their money

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Complaining about a shows fan base is the dumbest thing.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr_Amazing posted:

Complaining about a shows fan base is the dumbest thing.
Counterpoint:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

That guy didn't want honest opinions on Community, he just knew it would tear this thread apart!

Seriously though, I just finished watching the pilot and... it was pretty good. Guess I'll have to watch the rest of season 1 at least.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

I've never seen that many bronies under three hundred pounds in one place before.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Funkmaster General posted:

When I went to meet him, the entire line was filled with Homestruck people. Poor Jhonen. Some kids though, which I thought was cool.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

bango skank posted:

Counterpoint:

This doesn't affect me in any way.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Dr_Amazing posted:

This doesn't affect me in any way.

They're just very enthusiastic about marriage equality. And ponies.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

CelticPredator posted:

When I went to meet him, the entire line was filled with Homestruck people.

What does this mean?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I'm hooked. I get other people hooked by showing them the butter robot

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

VideoTapir posted:

What does this mean?

I went to meet him to say hello, and get something signed, and there was a bunch of fans from that homestruck thing.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Top Hats Monthly posted:

That's the clip that got me.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The two leaked new episodes were excellent.

In fact, the only episode of the show I didn't like or love was Rixty Minutes. I don't think I've ever seen a television show lay on the monkey cheese so hard.

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 12, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

In fact, the only episode of the show I didn't like or love was Rixty Minutes. I don't think I've ever seen a television show lay on the monkey cheese so hard.

I loved that episode since I like whose line is it anyway.

Give me my loving, enchiladas

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I loved that episode since I like whose line is it anyway.

Give me my loving, enchiladas

Oh that's right, I actually forgot that the skits were all improvised. I still didn't find them funny though, I feel like anyone could improvise and get the exact same result because it literally didn't matter what they came up with.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I wouldn't mind seeing another one if they did a couple passes over their initial improvisation, but then it may lose a bit of its charm. Still, I'm glad they're willing to try new stuff and experiment with cool ideas, I definitely enjoyed it.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Dr_Amazing posted:

That's the clip that got me.

The later surly butter dump into Ricks peas seals it. Now I gotta go back and watch this one again.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Rixty Minutes was the episode that really sealed the show for me and is still my favorite. I saw the pilot and thought it was a little extreme and hosed up in a not great way. Later in the run I caught Rixty Minutes and that scene with Morty and Summer "That's my grave - come watch TV" just kicked my feels and hooked me. I watched the rest of the run, went back and caught the earlier episode and then got the DVD. Overall, Summer is my favorite character.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh that's right, I actually forgot that the skits were all improvised. I still didn't find them funny though, I feel like anyone could improvise and get the exact same result because it literally didn't matter what they came up with.

They're going to make one of those every season.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I am unreasonably annoyed that they keep referencing a show called "Ball Fondlers" that clearly has nothing to do with fondling balls.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It is metaphorically fondling balls by appealing directly and without pretense to western ideals of masculinity and masculine impulses.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dr_Amazing posted:

I am unreasonably annoyed that they keep referencing a show called "Ball Fondlers" that clearly has nothing to do with fondling balls.

Dude, not every pop culture phenomenon has to mention your loving hobbies.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Has anyone heard of quantum suicide? Wouldn't be surprised if that shows up in Rick and Morty. They face an impossible enemy, but Rick gives them both a pill that'll knock them unconscious and kill them in every dimension exception the one where they have the tools to defeat the enemy, but when they each wake, the other lays next to them dead, and they have to find each other again.

Quantum suicide/immortality is pretty bullshit pseudoscience in reality, but it's fun to think about and make up scifi stories with.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I was amazed to hear on the commentary that the "improvisational tone" line was a late addition. The whole episode hinges on it, surely.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Megaspel posted:

Has anyone heard of quantum suicide? Wouldn't be surprised if that shows up in Rick and Morty. They face an impossible enemy, but Rick gives them both a pill that'll knock them unconscious and kill them in every dimension exception the one where they have the tools to defeat the enemy, but when they each wake, the other lays next to them dead, and they have to find each other again.

Quantum suicide/immortality is pretty bullshit pseudoscience in reality, but it's fun to think about and make up scifi stories with.

That would make a cool downer season finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Tempo 119 posted:

I was amazed to hear on the commentary that the "improvisational tone" line was a late addition. The whole episode hinges on it, surely.

Not really, all the improv bits are self contained, small sketches. If they wanted they could have written bits rather than improved it up.

• Locked thread