Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So. Uh... The mini cactpot minigame really likes me apparently:

:homebrew:

That was the SECOND one of those I got today (the third try just gave me a measly 720 MGP in case you were curious).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
What is the most efficient way to level a subclass?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Etrips posted:

What is the most efficient way to level a subclass?

Hunting logs, fates, roulettes.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Dumb newbie question... I'm still on a trial account and want to join the goon linkshell on Cactuar - is there a way to search for players by guild so I can pester someone for an invite?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Daveski posted:

Dumb newbie question... I'm still on a trial account and want to join the goon linkshell on Cactuar - is there a way to search for players by guild so I can pester someone for an invite?

Check out the Lodestone website.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
My game time from buying the game runs out tomorrow.

What I'm saying is: someone hook me up with a recruit-a-friend code for goodies! I can pop it in before I sub.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Kibner posted:

Check out the Lodestone website.

Ahh ok I see it now, I missed the other tabs the first time I looked. Thanks!

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Nekrews posted:

My game time from buying the game runs out tomorrow.

What I'm saying is: someone hook me up with a recruit-a-friend code for goodies! I can pop it in before I sub.
Check out this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726688

But also use mine: PK45ZQ2J

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007

Potato Jones posted:

But also use mine: PK45ZQ2J

Done and done. Thank you!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't know if I should feel good or bad about being 2nd in dps as a paladin in an Alexander PF group. I don't even have a Ravana weapon yet.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't know if I should feel good or bad about being 2nd in dps as a paladin in an Alexander PF group. I don't even have a Ravana weapon yet.

They need to fix healer accuracy so they can get in on the fun. I want the concept of an off healer to be a thing

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Single digit queues to get into excalibur on a saturday night. Game is dead :rip:

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

hobbesmaster posted:

Single digit queues to get into excalibur on a saturday night. Game is dead :rip:

And still no chance to create a character on the server. What a time to be alive.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I got kicked from a3 for not "doing my homework" on the fight and looking it up online. How good are the GMs about resolving issues like this?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They're not going to do anything

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Tenzarin posted:

I got kicked from a3 for not "doing my homework" on the fight and looking it up online. How good are the GMs about resolving issues like this?

:laffo:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I re-queued for it, finished the fight, and got my item from it. I don't understand how you would have to boot people for that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't stop laughing at the Elixir Field animation. I didn't realize what it was from videos until I got it, you literally kamehameha and completely loving miss, hitting the ground instead. Totally meant to do that I'm sure :v:

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They're not going to do anything

I'm not sure about that, I've heard that abusing the votekick feature is something they will punish people for. But you have to report them. When I was votekicked from a party before I even got to say anything other than "Hello" I reported it, and the GM assured me they'd look into it and take action if the players were found to be misusing the feature.

Of course, they weren't on my server, so it's a little hard to verify, but at least the GM didn't give me a canned response. He asked me exactly what happened, I explained, they said what I described was abuse and that they'd look into it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

{ We're chewing the fat. }

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009

The bridge is almost complete.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Meanwhile, on Sargantanas:

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Funny how I ended up leveling DRG for cross-class skills now strongly considering maining it to 60.

That certainly would have to be one of the best elements of this game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Really like the a4 fight. Everyone gets to soak damage and protect the team.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
The crafting scrip gear makes a bit more sense once you find out that the scrip turnins aren't dailies, and can be spammed as long as you have the money for materials. Makes it a lot less of a time investment.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Calihan posted:

Funny how I ended up leveling DRG for cross-class skills now strongly considering maining it to 60.

That certainly would have to be one of the best elements of this game.

Do it, drg is the second raddest class and currently has the best dps (probably) while being close to the lowest effort.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Do it, drg is the second raddest class and currently has the best dps (probably) while being close to the lowest effort.

Yeah and the idea of having solid utility (extra piercing damage, +15% crit and Mantra) while not getting slammed with the BS "utility class tax" is appealing.

Dare I ask what would the "raddest" class be on your mind?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Calihan posted:

Yeah and the idea of having solid utility (extra piercing damage, +15% crit and Mantra) while not getting slammed with the BS "utility class tax" is appealing.

Dare I ask what would the "raddest" class be on your mind?

Summoner. Nothing beats hitting your foes with the tank buster the final boss of the previous raid used.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Summoner. Nothing beats hitting your foes with the tank buster the final boss of the previous raid used.

I considered SMN a while back but I found it nearly impossible to do the early levels of Arcanist without falling in to a boredom induced coma.

I am sure it gets better later but holy gently caress are the first 20 or so levels a giant sleeping pill.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mo0 posted:

The crafting scrip gear makes a bit more sense once you find out that the scrip turnins aren't dailies, and can be spammed as long as you have the money for materials. Makes it a lot less of a time investment.

It really doesn't because by the time you hand in enough to get a full set you'll be 58->60. Then your other classes won't need help because you'll have the gear to do 58->60 anyway.

That and you want to save up 350 scrips for each class' master books anyway.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Eej posted:

It really doesn't because by the time you hand in enough to get a full set you'll be 58->60. Then your other classes won't need help because you'll have the gear to do 58->60 anyway.

That and you want to save up 350 scrips for each class' master books anyway.

The secret true answer is to level up Culinarian as fast as you can, and turn in a huge pile of Marron Glace. Because it's cheap as gently caress to make and is drat near always the level 59 collectable.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
For a main story dungeon, the final boss of the Vault feels really overtuned. As an AST, I had a bit of trouble keeping up with the damage output there.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mordiceius posted:

For a main story dungeon, the final boss of the Vault feels really overtuned. As an AST, I had a bit of trouble keeping up with the damage output there.

It's because you're an AST

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

It's because you're an AST

Sad but true. Seems all three of the new classes got shafted due to some paranoia about back when Ninja was first released or something.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Calihan posted:

Sad but true. Seems all three of the new classes got shafted due to some paranoia about back when Ninja was first released or something.

Ninja feels like it just shits out damage. If the tank and other DPS (and healer sometimes) in a dungeon focus on mob A and I focus on same mob B, most of the time I can kill mob B before the others can take down A together.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
DRK is okay, could use slight tweaks. MCH is a fine alternative to BRD. It's AST that needs the most love, even though it's still usable for now in current content.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
DRK is mediocre for everything except MT DPS.

Lots of weird decisions floating around the job, out of all three new ones it's the middle of the road/average one. Out of all three of the tanks it's probably the weakest party contribution wise.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
DRK enables you to drop a Monk for a Dragoon for maximum raid DPS at the cost of tank durablity.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Malloreon posted:

Ninja feels like it just shits out damage. If the tank and other DPS (and healer sometimes) in a dungeon focus on mob A and I focus on same mob B, most of the time I can kill mob B before the others can take down A together.

I disagree. Maybe I am bad but I put out 950 dps at ilvl 176 while smn, mnk, blm and drg are doing 1100+ at i180. Unless the scaling gets really funky I don't think the discrepancy should be that big. AE in particular feels like it's fallen really fall behind.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Synastry is your friend in that fight, Helios is super inefficient so you're better off single healing people who take AoE/chain damage and let Synastry do its thing. Also Aspected regen, but you probably did that. I can't wait for them to roll out the Astrologian buffs :(

• Locked thread