Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
So with ancient arena you have some formations that are invisible until you fight them, right? sometimes 2 are invisible and sometimes 1. How do you cover up your setup? Can you decide ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tony Homo posted:

So with ancient arena you have some formations that are invisible until you fight them, right? sometimes 2 are invisible and sometimes 1. How do you cover up your setup? Can you decide ?

Defenders ranked 101-500, the third team is hidden
Defenders ranked 2-100, teams 2 and 3 are hidden
Top ranked defender has all three teams hidden.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Anyone leveled Lumia up and given her a try yet?

Jurisnoctis
Jun 27, 2012

Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.
Hey guys. I didn't find this out till later on.

If anyone wants to roll in a (newer) guild, I'm in S35, leader of the guild "FourthReich".

/shrug. Gotta have fun with a silly mobile game somehow.

Level 55 atm.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Mikaela worth leveling? Got him with the angel trial event.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Boozie posted:

Mikaela worth leveling? Got him with the angel trial event.

Mikaela is the fire angel right? If shes anything like she is in angel trial, shes the biggest reason I have to redo angel levels to keep 3 stars.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So fun little "trick" I have found. I don't think it's been mentioned before so here goes. On days when we have the shopping event where you get rewards for buying 3 and 6 items then spend 100000 and then 200000 gold the rewards reset at midnight if it's still going on the following day but then reset again at 5 am. So what I did today was complete all four rewards before the shop reset at 9 pm. I then waited until midnight to actually buy any items from the 9 pm shop refresh after the rewards reset. I then refreshed the shop twice for 100 gems and managed to hit the 200k mark thus getting all 4 rewards again. So basically double the daily rewards for just 100 gems and whatever gold you spend.

Edit: Morning reset is 5, not 6.

Envgard fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 12, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I'm not gaining any hourly rewards from the ancient arena, no matter how long I sit around with this running. Am I missing something here, or is this just buggy?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Schubalts posted:

I'm not gaining any hourly rewards from the ancient arena, no matter how long I sit around with this running. Am I missing something here, or is this just buggy?

What time zone are you in? You get rewards from 9 am to 9 pm EST, according to the others in thread. I was worried about this earlier and was corrected.

e: Does anyone here have a really developed Zweihander (like 70s+), and if so how do you feel about him?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 12, 2015

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Schubalts posted:

Me too

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I feel ancient arena is the battle of the 2nd string. Who ever can win with them wins the match

Edit: when you get to not seeing the 3rd team is it till you neve see them or see once you challenge them?

What team are people hiding usually 1st 2nd or 3rd string

Could you use math to guess what the hidden team BR is?

Coolspaz fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 12, 2015

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
For Ancient Arena push the reward tab and press Claim Reward. I hadn't known to do that and had a bunch of coins in there.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The reward tab never says there are any to claim.

Tsurupettan posted:

What time zone are you in? You get rewards from 9 am to 9 pm EST, according to the others in thread. I was worried about this earlier and was corrected.

CST. I left it running while I played non-phonegames in the afternoon/early evening, and when I checked it, I gained nothing.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Are you actually looking at the rewards screen or are you just not seeing the red dot and assuming you didn't get anything?

Leaving the game running doesn't make a difference, you get the rewards either way.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Feast at 2100.

Also make sure to hit the treasure chest stuff if you haven't, it's getting challenging enough to require real attention.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Are you actually looking at the rewards screen or are you just not seeing the red dot and assuming you didn't get anything?

Leaving the game running doesn't make a difference, you get the rewards either way.

Yes, I am looking at the screen that is telling me I should be getting X coins per hour and lets me claim them. The counter for coins that I can claim is always 0.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Schubalts posted:

Yes, I am looking at the screen that is telling me I should be getting X coins per hour and lets me claim them. The counter for coins that I can claim is always 0.

If you push the reward button from this screen you will get the coins.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

That is the screen I have been looking at. That counter there is always 0. The claim button is always greyed out and tells me I have no rewards if I press it anyway.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I only started getting them I think when I hit above a certain rank. Before that nothing.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
picked up mysterious count today from the celestial store, seems like an interesting hero but he starts at 2* and as far as I know the store is the only way to get pieces for him at the moment, so that's annoying

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Can't seem to get into wharf.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tony Homo posted:

Can't seem to get into wharf.

Every Monday it resets and it generally doesn't seem to get repopulated with new matches until like the 9:30-10am. Just try again in like 2 minutes.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Every Monday it resets and it generally doesn't seem to get repopulated with new matches until like the 9:30-10am. Just try again in like 2 minutes.

You were right! Thanks!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

This is what I am raising right now. I'm primarily doing it for the emblem bonuses, but I do need to raise a proper second and third string team anyway. Trying to decide who gets attention first.

Lumia's abilities read like she's terrible to fight against, but has anyone here put her into practice yet? I think Earthshaker is under appreciated in the 'second frontliner' role where they are set up to take minimal damage. The stun is nice, CC is king. Soul Slinger has some serious utility.

As for the rest of them... I think Nightblade could be fun with Blood Baroness or Alecta for bleed shenanigans, and I do need a third proper frontline tank, but I'm not that far from Dark Paladin. On the other hand, Zweihander is way easier to get pieces for (and so is Nether Knight).

Speaking of Alecta, I'm wondering how useful she'd be in the treasure raids. Her bleed is a percentage of the target's HP and hits the entire formation.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I have 5* Soul Slinger and Dwarf now, is it worth getting Astral Child from the guild shop? I don't think I'll ever have any use for her and I don't really care enough to invest in her aside from a completion standpoint and I feel like my points are better spent on complete purple/orange gear.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Astral Child doesn't seem that good at all, but she is one of the heroes that contributes to Light of Goddess. If you use a lot of female heroes, she's probably worth developing for that.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I have 5* Soul Slinger and Dwarf now, is it worth getting Astral Child from the guild shop? I don't think I'll ever have any use for her and I don't really care enough to invest in her aside from a completion standpoint and I feel like my points are better spent on complete purple/orange gear.

I don't think she's worth using. I only got her for sake of completion. You'd be better off buying excess pieces to trade to the celestial vendor or buying purple/orange gear.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah, I'm leaning towards gear for right now. They have some of the really hard to get pieces in there for only a few thousand points guild points. I could probably get one or two a week. On the other hand, I've been trying to farm a single chop dragon for the past ~10 days for my Snow Queen.

The hero pieces for celestial store isn't a bad idea either. That'd allow me to stop using arena points to get extra Grimbow pieces for a while.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I use her in the front line with elder dwarf. She's great for keeping your back line alive when facing stuff that hits them before your tanks. She also has obnoxious magic defense, so you can park her across from pyrona and she'll eat fireballs all day.

E: my other tanks are rose knight, nether knight, and zweihander. I don't like the RNG dependancy of zwei and NK's shields, and RK tanks better and does more damage than AC but can't help the back row if something bad happens.

padijun fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 13, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Zwei's 'shield' isn't RNG dependency, though. It's his rage.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Can you tell mine's been gathering dust since the update that introduced the dwarf?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Tsurupettan posted:

Zwei's 'shield' isn't RNG dependency, though. It's his rage.

Rage is actually super RNG dependent, especially compared to <every Xth turn> skills. Dodged attacks don't give rage, and Rage is proportional to damage taken/dealt. One of the big weaknesses of rage-based abilities is that an unlucky dodge or a leapfrog ult/crit can completely ruin your chances.

Night Sentinel is a DPS that's similar - his Snipe -> Spiral Arrow combo is capable of instantly killing even Elder Dwarf / Zweihander, but his low accuracy means that if he gets unlucky he'll never even get to fire the combo off, let alone hit it.

Niton fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 13, 2015

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Doing some blitz for gear today on 3 occasions now I've gotten a headless horseman token. Anyone else get these?

Also, what's everyone's take on the Arcane Spirit?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Coolspaz posted:

Doing some blitz for gear today on 3 occasions now I've gotten a headless horseman token. Anyone else get these?

I've gotten 4-5 pieces. It's one of the events running today, some "mysterious hero" in normal dungeons

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Coolspaz posted:

It's part of an event today+tomorrow, you have a low (~2%?) chance to get a piece when doing a normal dungeon. I built up around 4k Stamina while taking a break from the game, and i've gotten 16 burning through ~3k Energy. I also still need about a dozen Dragon Eyes after farming a dozen. Kill me now.

As far as Arcane Spirit, he does a fantastic amount of DPS.. but you can't control it at all. For things like Treasure Raid or Gold Trial where that doesn't matter, he's fantastic, but he's a bit iffy for PvP use.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm not a particular fan of Zwei or Nether either, to be honest. It's really hard to pick a third pure tank, though. I mean, sure, Dark Paladin, but the pieces are hard to get without lots of money. I'm finally approaching unlocking him in the first place after all this time, thanks to the feast discount, though.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm not a particular fan of Zwei or Nether either, to be honest. It's really hard to pick a third pure tank, though. I mean, sure, Dark Paladin, but the pieces are hard to get without lots of money

Yeah, I would have gone with dark paladin if the stones weren't incredibly expensive.

If you're not completely counting her out, here's some screenshots comparing the stats of astral child and dwarf, both at 74 P+2, runes 28. Not perfect because the dwarf has one more piece of gear, but whatever

The three shields seem to suck up around 10k damage at that level and deal around 5-6k to whoever breaks them. AOEers blowing themselves up is hilarious. They also stack with other heroes' shields

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 14, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

padijun posted:

here's some screenshots comparing the stats of astral child and dwarf,

Wow. She really is beefier than expected.

My RK is moderately close-ish to your two heroes. He's 5* P+2 (missing the forest belt there though) and 12 on the runes.

At a glance, she has really solid HP, defenses, tons of hit. She falls behind both on Parry, but has a nice pile of dodge.

One of the nicest things about her is that she has a shitpile of rage regen. Very valuable in any capacity where she'll fight multiple battles back to back. Most tanks don't boast that.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Getting started in this because why not, neat little phone game. Did a 10x blue pull after opening training slots; got Lunar Priestess as my 3* and she definitely does more work than mermaid at my level; ~38 or so.

I did get a 3* Summoner from a daily blue pull, though and she seems...all over the place. Rage is an AoE, passive is a single target extra punch, and can shield folks. Is she worth putting time into, or should I be looking for more...focused heroes, for lack of a better term?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Do you think we should go back to Chapter 6 in Treasure Hunt? Not getting the full-clear stuff for the day kind of sucks, but I also don't think we're super far from clearing it.

• Locked thread