Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

$91 tickets and Manson is eating at Denny's. Some promoter is getting rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

magiccarpet posted:

$91 tickets and Manson is eating at Denny's. Some promoter is getting rich.

To be fair it was 2:30 in the morning. Denny's is about as classy as it gets at that hour.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Macrame_God posted:

To be fair it was 2:30 in the morning. Denny's is about as classy as it gets at that hour.

Especially in Lethbridge, not exactly a bustling metropolis, even by Canadian standards.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If the guy yelled "this is for Eat Me, Drink Me!" right before throwing the punch, he was still totally in the right.

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

Tyler Bates has quit the band and is returning to work on film/television/soundtracks.

quote:

I helped put the band together with the intention that it would function without me once my availability became limited. While I would love to continue performing live in support of the new album, my preexisting commitments in the film & television industry are too demanding to handle responsibly from the road. ... As producer, I will continue to support the record. Manson has my full support for his well-being and success.

I hope he returns to work on the next MM album whenever they decide to start recording. I'm sure the current tour will continue on being great even without Tyler.

Source: http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/News:2015/04/13_Tyler_Bates_Departs_Marilyn_Manson

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

TheJoker138 posted:

If the guy yelled "this is for Eat Me, Drink Me!" right before throwing the punch, he was still totally in the right.

Born Villain *roundhouse kick*

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles music video has been released.

Apparently it's for the fans of close-up shots and black/white videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-sD5Xy2N-E

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Badchay posted:

The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles music video has been released.

Apparently it's for the fans of close-up shots and black/white videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-sD5Xy2N-E

How many times is he going to re-write "The Beautiful People", christ.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
OH poo poo, OMAR COMIN

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

Platypus Farm posted:

OH poo poo, OMAR COMIN

That was the only cool part

Cinderful
Feb 12, 2006

That video is really boring :( I liked Deepsix until I realized it sounds like a Load era Metallica b-side. "Deep sic-sic-SIC SIC SICKS FEET DEEP'uh" is more James Hetfield than James Hetfield has been in two decades.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Is anyone here going to the Jack Off Jill reunion show at the Orange Peel in July? Daisy Berkowitz is doing a solo show the night before and will probably show up to do some songs with JOJ as well. I managed to get tickets (it sold out in about an hour) and I'm pretty excited, since I never had the chance to see them live back in the day.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Masonic Youth posted:

Is anyone here going to the Jack Off Jill reunion show at the Orange Peel in July? Daisy Berkowitz is doing a solo show the night before and will probably show up to do some songs with JOJ as well. I managed to get tickets (it sold out in about an hour) and I'm pretty excited, since I never had the chance to see them live back in the day.

I was under the impression Agent Moulder and Jessicka had a falling out years ago.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

I was under the impression Agent Moulder and Jessicka had a falling out years ago.
This is true, and Robin is not participating in the reunion. The band now is Jessicka, Tenni Ah-Cha-Cha, Michelle Inhell, and Helen Storer.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdV1Zc_PFdg

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If this and the last one are indicators of what the quality of his videos are going to be from now on, he should just stop bothering.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
well hey luckily we can still watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rthl_O4_G2o

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

Macrame_God posted:

And by a Canadian no less. He must have really pissed him off.

I wonder if it's that same fat shirtless Canadian that knocked out Shia Labeuf.

Also - The Seven Day Binge video looks like Nicholas Cage screen-testing as the joker.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I did some stagehand work for his show a couple months ago. Watched part of it. Dude wasn't even phone g it in, he was telegraphing. It was a shameful rock show. I've never been a fan of his brand of Bieber for Spooky Kids type of children's music, but he looked awful sand whatever swagger and charisma he used to have seems to have evaporated around the time no one found him shocking even in the Middlest of America

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm watching the last season of Sons of Anarchy right now and he should just stick to acting. He's not great or anything, but he's at least putting some effort into it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Manson is playing some small venues in the fall and the tickets are $85. If it was $40 I'd consider it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dr Tran posted:

Manson is playing some small venues in the fall and the tickets are $85. If it was $40 I'd consider it.

He played some small venues this spring and they were only about $40.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Dr Tran posted:

It's a waste even at $40 unless they throw in a free case of beer and a bag of weed.

Te show I saw wouldn't have been worth pocket change if I'd seen it on a street corner.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So is the Marilyn Manson Cycle the new Sonic Cycle? Where we all get optimistic every time he has a new album come out, then it comes out and we're in denial for a bit, and then realize it was all bad and he is bad, but then a new album is going to come out so we start getting optimistic again, etc.?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

So is the Marilyn Manson Cycle the new Sonic Cycle? Where we all get optimistic every time he has a new album come out, then it comes out and we're in denial for a bit, and then realize it was all bad and he is bad, but then a new album is going to come out so we start getting optimistic again, etc.?

There's nothing new about it, I went through that cycle for like 10 years and finally learned to quit caring.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

His latest album is the best one since... hell, I'd say holy wood, but I didn't like GATG. It's not like amazing, mind-blowing poo poo or anything, but it's solid.

As far as his live performance, I'm seeing him tomorrow at the old man greatest hits show with SP so we'll see if he uses an inhaler or anything.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

No because even lovely sonic games usually have good music

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

TheJoker138 posted:

How are you people still bitter over EMDM.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Immortan posted:

How are you people still bitter over EMDM.

I'm not. It was a bad album, and the two since then are also varying degrees of bad. Maybe not as bad as it, but...boring. His last two albums have been really loving boring and forgettable. In fact I'd take EMDM over both of them because, while a failure, he was at least actually trying to do something with it.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm not. It was a bad album, and the two since then are also varying degrees of bad. Maybe not as bad as it, but...boring. His last two albums have been really loving boring and forgettable. In fact I'd take EMDM over both of them because, while a failure, he was at least actually trying to do something with it.

Yeah EMDM was bad and THEOL was the most repetitive garbage I've heard with a leading single seriously called "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" :rolleyes: but it's been awhile since those monstrosities and Born Villain was okay while The Pale Emperor is actually the best since Holywood. The newest one has apparently made him somewhat relevant again in Hollywood circles in a different way so I wouldn't write him off yet? :confused:

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I don't care for Manson but Arma-goddamn-Motherfucking-geddon an awesome song title

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I cop to being a nearly 30 year old man who still loved Mindless Self Indulgence but can't stand Manson. I like being juvenilely outrageous, but Manson just never seems like he's having any fun with it these days whereas MSI's childish misanthropy just grows more and more delightful the older a man who calls himself Little Jimmy Urine gets.

I mean it's all children's music, but if you're going to be aggressively man childish when you're a flabby dad at least have some loving fun with it.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I don't care for Manson but Arma-goddamn-Motherfucking-geddon an awesome song title

lol That album also had another song called "I Want to Kill You like They do in the Movies" which was 9 minutes long :boom:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Immortan posted:

The newest one has apparently made him somewhat relevant again in Hollywood circles in a different way so I wouldn't write him off yet? :confused:

'Almost as good as the album where they started going downhill' is pretty faint praise.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

TOOT BOOT posted:

'Almost as good as the album where they started going downhill' is pretty faint praise.

Hollywood, not Holywood. :haw:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I cop to being a nearly 30 year old man who still loved Mindless Self Indulgence but can't stand Manson. I like being juvenilely outrageous, but Manson just never seems like he's having any fun with it these days whereas MSI's childish misanthropy just grows more and more delightful the older a man who calls himself Little Jimmy Urine gets.

I mean it's all children's music, but if you're going to be aggressively man childish when you're a flabby dad at least have some loving fun with it.

MSI has at least acknowledged they've gotten older and everything they do is loving ridiculous with songs like "Hey Tomorrow gently caress You And Your Friend Yesterday," and yeah, they're still having fun with it all. Manson just seems like he doesn't want to be doing this anymore. He was clearly having more fun playing a jailhouse nazi in SoA than he was on any album since maybe GAoG.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

Sonic Youth haven't put out an album as bad as comparatively bad as Manson's recent stuff, like ever. Even NYC Ghosts and Flowers is more "weird" than "bad".

Weezer would be the much more obvious comparison.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Weezer went up in flames like the loving hindenburg and it was really, really sad to watch.

Manson's decline was more of a slow decay. I mean, Grotesque wasn't all that bad during the parts where he was trying, then things just kept getting worse. Granted, this latest record is better than anything since then but it's pretty obvious he's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Okay well the Tampa show was... pretty great, actually.

I didn't at all think he was phoning or "telegraphing" anything in. He played for a little more than an hour, and was really throwing himself around the whole time. Some funny crowd banter, and he played like half of Man That You Fear before he forgot the words and they went back to the normal closer Coma White. IMO his part of the show was more entertaining than the pumpkins part, which started off really strong and just kind of doodled along.

• Locked thread