Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Anarky could work really well with the Green Arrow, especially if they want to get Oliver to start having left-leaning political opinions and eventually run for mayor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Making Mr. Terrific gay is just asking for all sorts of jokes to be made about that name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Making Mr. Terrific gay is just asking for all sorts of jokes to be made about that name.

He's Terrific, not Fabulous.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

LOL at anyone thinking the show is going to start making Arrow a bleeding liberal. Ain't happenin, sadly.

But Anarky could be a lot of fun.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mad Stan or nothing :colbert:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Costume looks too tacticool (TM)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
At this point I'm just waiting for them to have The New Season 4 Arrow come out of the closet just for the edginess cause, poo poo, he's blown through all the other ladies on this show and seems wholly unsatisfied.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I like it. That old costume was getting a bit ragged and weird, time to bring some guns to the arrow show.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

At this point I'm just waiting for them to have The New Season 4 Arrow come out of the closet just for the edginess cause, poo poo, he's blown through all the other ladies on this show and seems wholly unsatisfied.

He hasnt done Thea yet - that would be edgy as gently caress as she is is only his half sister.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Mr Beens posted:

He hasnt done Thea yet - that would be edgy as gently caress as she is is only his half sister.

I figure Alex Kingston's character would be next, so he could move through the whole Lance family.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
New suit in action.

http://youtu.be/hP3pi_unmf0

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

V-Men posted:

I figure Alex Kingston's character would be next, so he could move through the whole Lance family.

Also, Smoak Mom.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I had a good feeling going into this season until I found out Felicity and Oliver were going to continue to be a thing. In fact, I believe the quote was something along the lines of they were going to be having a lot more sex this season.

No, Arrow. No. That is the opposite of better, we wanted less Felicity and Oliver, not more :negative:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Amell :swoon:

yeah, none of the CW hero writing teams are good at writing romance. Gotta keep that teen demographic though (I assume that's why they keep writing these plotlines)

Maybe Felicity will be cool again?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You know what, let em have each other. Let Laurel and Cisco get together. They have far better chemistry anyway.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Oh, gently caress yes.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

I don't really dig the bare arms.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Scyantific posted:

You know what, let em have each other. Let Laurel and Cisco get together. They have far better chemistry anyway.

I think you mean Cisco and Golden Glider. :colbert:

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

I had a good feeling going into this season until I found out Felicity and Oliver were going to continue to be a thing. In fact, I believe the quote was something along the lines of they were going to be having a lot more sex this season.

No, Arrow. No. That is the opposite of better, we wanted less Felicity and Oliver, not more :negative:

No way, I love awkward cable sex scenes where pants and bra are still on.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmviyWMsiiE

DC Comics panel

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Saw the comic-con sizzle reel for season 4. It did nothing to get me hyped for it. All it was was just a complete summary of season 3; at least the Flash sizzle reel name-dropped Jay Garrick and ended with the big "ZOOM IS COMING" which was enough to get me pumped up for season 2. Hell even the sizzle reel that came out last year for Arrow S3 was pretty good.

I'm kinda thinking they still have no clear direction for season 4. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e08gbhYYS8I

Xelkelvos posted:

Apparently, Katana was going to stay one and have some sort of role, but it's been moved to Maseo because of Suicide Squad. :suicide:
Oh wonderful, they're going to make death completely irrelevant now. Time to abuse the pits, boys!

Seriously, gently caress WB executives for dropping embargoes.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 13, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Apparently, Katana was going to stay one and have some sort of role, but it's been moved to Maseo because of Suicide Squad. :suicide:

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Scyantific posted:

Saw the comic-con sizzle reel for season 4. It did nothing to get me hyped for it. All it was was just a complete summary of season 3; at least the Flash sizzle reel name-dropped Jay Garrick and ended with the big "ZOOM IS COMING" which was enough to get me pumped up for season 2. Hell even the sizzle reel that came out last year for Arrow S3 was pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e08gbhYYS8I

Oh wonderful, they're going to make death completely irrelevant now. Time to abuse the pits, boys!

Seriously, gently caress WB executives for dropping embargoes.

They haven't started filming yet, right? The Zoom stuff looked like a palette swap of existing Flash footage.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They started filming like a week ago or something.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

overtone posted:

They haven't started filming yet, right? The Zoom stuff looked like a palette swap of existing Flash footage.

Except they had dialogue too.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Arrow filming was pushed back because of TMNT2, I believe. Flash likely already started and thus had some assets for the promo reel. Flash also has more special effects and likely needs a longer time between filming and airing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amell continues to sell the poo poo out of this show.

The suit is pretty good. I'm not caring a gently caress about his bare arms, he's often like that in the comics and cartoons. I'm also not a pedantic git.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phylodox posted:

Amell said David Ramsey can't do the salmon ladder. So...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SDty3BQNeyM&feature=youtu.be

Ya that's nice and all but he still can't resolve(or start) his HIV plotline :colbert:

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm actually pretty happy about it, but only because the worst Felicity/Oliver moments were the "we want to be together but the writers are throwing so many things in the way to drag it out". Now they're together all that stuff can be discarded. The only terrible thing that can happen is that three episodes in, relationship drama gets introduced, but, at least in S1, those things are typically resolved in the same episode.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

V-Men posted:

I'm actually pretty happy about it, but only because the worst Felicity/Oliver moments were the "we want to be together but the writers are throwing so many things in the way to drag it out". Now they're together all that stuff can be discarded. The only terrible thing that can happen is that three episodes in, relationship drama gets introduced, but, at least in S1, those things are typically resolved in the same episode.

Hope you like love triangles with Laurel!

This isn't even a spoiler, it's just the easiest guess on the planet :negative:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Chokes McGee posted:

Hope you like love triangles with Laurel!

This isn't even a spoiler, it's just the easiest guess on the planet :negative:

I don't know, they've done a pretty good job erasing any trace of the former OIllie-Laurel romance from the show. Hell they barely even have one-on-one scenes together anymore.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Y'know, they probably intended for that scene where Laurel says "It's hard to believe I was ever in love with you" to be really sad and devastating for people, including Ollie, but I just saw that as a great victorious moment.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

We all have our arbitrary "if they do X, I'm out" pledges.

But if they honestly do some poo poo with Maseo, the door will look mighty familar

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Narcissus1916 posted:

We all have our arbitrary "if they do X, I'm out" pledges.

But if they honestly do some poo poo with Maseo, the door will look mighty familar
Not only that, but didn't he kill the mayor of Starling City in cold blood or something?
If they keep him on as a "redeemed ally" or something it would be pretty stupid to brush that under the rug.

Kinda how I felt whenever Merlyn was onscreen and characters weren't constantly saying "you killed hundreds of innocent people, why are we not just putting a bullet in your brain right now?"

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 13, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

JazzFlight posted:

Not only that, but didn't he kill the mayor of Starling City in cold blood or something?
If they keep him on as a "redeemed ally" or something it would be pretty stupid to brush that under the rug.

Kinda how I felt whenever Merlyn was onscreen and characters weren't constantly saying "you killed hundreds of innocent people, why are we not just putting a bullet in your brain right now?"

Because he was holding Thea's life hostage. And Oliver needed his help to get close to and beat Ras. Like everyone hated him and brought it up every single time.

Plus Nyssa's gonna kill the poo poo out of him.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Scyantific posted:

The iZombie sizzle reel was also just a recap of last season. There was no footage in the Flash reel, just dialogue which would be pretty easy to gin up. I don't think it's indicative of anything.

Phylodox posted:

Amell said David Ramsey can't do the salmon ladder. So...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SDty3BQNeyM&feature=youtu.be

Why does every person on this show own so hard

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Soothing Vapors posted:

Why does every person on this show own so hard

Stephen Amell's enthusiasm is infectious.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

V-Men posted:

Just from that crossover Flash episode I'm guessing they are going to introduce Oliver's kid. Cue Felicity "I'm not ready to be a step mom!"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kid would be what 9 maybe 10?

You probably at least want to wait until like 12-13 to have a kid introduced that's probably eventually gonna be fighting as a vigilante

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has Amell made an appearance on WWE yet? Cause while I haven't watched since I was in elementary school, that was straight out of pro wrestling's playbook. I half expected someone to come running on stage and hit him with a folding chair.

• Locked thread