Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Drinkfist posted:

All right I am putting my foot down.

Motherfuckers under Prestiege 2050 are going to be purged from the guild. I am unable to tell if you motherfuckers just stright up quit or whatever but you cannot contribute to the guild construction until P2050 so that's when you all can apply to get in. Don't even loving look at me if you are below 1000.

I want everyone in the guild loving yesterday but shitlords like thease guys that up and dissappear and never dispatch to construction are on my poo poo list.

Send me a PM later tonight for an invite if you are P2050+. If you are not then either get there or wait for when we have enough of a player cap to fit everyone.

Peter Quill

You got a few hours to contact me about how you are gonna suck the guilds dick and get to 2050+ and start building poo poo.

Well, I was out all day spending time with my step-daughter who hasn't been able to spend time at home with us due to her mother and I both working and her staying with her dad over the summer. So I had to stop at 1924 prestige, which is pretty close to your spergy guild poo poo you require. Keep me or boot me I don't care. I'll be 2k+ tonight though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Kick me. I don't have time to poopsock guild building poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guild limits this low is just silly. I'll reapply in a week or so when I finally have a day off.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Something tells me the market won't be influenced by players anymore

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Drinkfist posted:

Motherfuckers under Prestiege 2050 are going to be purged from the guild. I am unable to tell if you motherfuckers just stright up quit or whatever but you cannot contribute to the guild construction until P2050 so that's when you all can apply to get in. Don't even loving look at me if you are below 1000.

I want everyone in the guild loving yesterday but shitlords like thease guys that up and dissappear and never dispatch to construction are on my poo poo list.

Send me a PM later tonight for an invite if you are P2050+. If you are not then either get there or wait for when we have enough of a player cap to fit everyone.

Caitlin Dusk

You got a few hours to contact me about how you are gonna suck the guilds dick and get to 2050+ and start building poo poo.

I've been playing but not grinding for Prestige. I'm up over 1,000 Prestige but I don't know when I'm going to hit the 2050 so if you need to kick me for a grinder go for it, I'll hop back on later I guess.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Honestly yeah. I get that the guild capacity stuff is dumb, but the only thing worse is being dumb and spergy enough to kick people for not logging in for one day. I'm gonna play this game because I enjoy it enough but gently caress that. I am not interested in an invite if this is what I can expect.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Bazaa bazaar here. Just got to 1k. I only have maybe a hour or two a night to play. Not sure how that amount of playing time equates to p2050. Kick if needed. I am unable to poo poo in socks consistently.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
It's the Drinkfist experience.

I'm a literal cripple and can only play for an hour or so before it starts to get painful, so I'm just around 850 prestige. I get to 2050 eventually, then I'll make more of an effort to get an invite. Or you can toss me one out of pity. :shobon:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
The game's a bitch about expanding guilds and there's a ton of people waiting to get in. At the rate the cost is growing we'll be quickly reaching the point where it'll be a solid week to get any more players in if people aren't all throwing resources into it. Every guild member gets one construction quest every eight hours that can contribute 10 points to a build project. The current build project requires 830 points. Even considering that premium players get a 50% bonus, that's 56 successful build missions to complete. More if you fail, because failed missions only produce half results. So that's a bare minimum of nineteen players doing and succeeding at the build mission, three times a day, for one guild expansion.

It's loving crazy. I don't blame Drinkfist for going a little insane with trying to make it work.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
People gonna bitch that they don't get into a guild if it is explained how guilds work

then people bitch when poo poo has to be repeated

and finally people bitch when measures are taken to get as many in as fast as possible

I am so happy I am not in his shoes

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Xavier434 posted:

Honestly yeah. I get that the guild capacity stuff is dumb, but the only thing worse is being dumb and spergy enough to kick people for not logging in for one day. I'm gonna play this game because I enjoy it enough but gently caress that. I am not interested in an invite if this is what I can expect.

That's fine, as long as you understand that you're being the kid who doesn't understand why they can't have ice cream after they dump the entire carton on the floor.

Anoia posted:

I'm a literal cripple and can only play for an hour or so before it starts to get painful, so I'm just around 850 prestige. I get to 2050 eventually, then I'll make more of an effort to get an invite. Or you can toss me one out of pity. :shobon:

This is the best way to deal with the situation, i.e. understanding that drinkfist isn't doing it solely to be a dick and to just chill out and not angrypost about it.

Sucks to be a cripple, though. As in basically every single game bad games crew plays, you do not need to be in the pantheon to grab the mumble info and shoot the poo poo with us anyway. Not a whole lot is going on in guild chat, I think right now we're literally spelling the word "stupid" one letter at a time and can't find someone to finish it with a "d"

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

And here we thought the voting thing would lead to drama. Sounds like a nightmare to coordinate.

Petition to change Drinkfist's in-game name to Irate Sisyphus.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
yyyeah this bizarre guild invite grind isn't exactly filling me with confidence that the rest of the game won't be a miserable slog

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Zetilicious Rhea

Yo. Kick me. I was on earlier today, but I don't have time to poopsock. The game is pretty fun in general though. :shrug:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Once the guild capacity is large enough I'll rejoin and contribute to building other structures or something. I have the purple founders pack which will help me be useful faster, but two jobs doesn't allow for non stop gaming sessions.

Didn't mean to come off as angryposting, just literally can't help right now so I'd rather not take up space in place of someone who is able to put in work.

Drinkfist is just trying to be motivational. :unsmith:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I can't seem to get an engineer follower. Should I just try the guild quest mission with 2 other dudes and only a 44-53% success?

edit: actually I can't run any mission because they all require resources and no mission is granting them :|

Danith fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 12, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Danith posted:

I can't seem to get an engineer follower. Should I just try the guild quest mission with 2 other dudes and only a 44-53% success?

If they're not max level make sure they are, then just get it as high as you can. Running all of your dudes through lots of missions will also get you a lot of prestige, so it's a good idea to do that anyway.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Also in a discussion on the official forums:

Toasty - community manager posted:

Pantheon's start out with 12 members. These members are split between 3 clans with 4 members each. You can increase both of these numbers through the donation of credits and the collection of construction resources through the Order System. 

That said, the Pantheon's are still something that's a work in process and changes are possible.

Hopefully enough people bitch about it and they change the caps or something. Even if it were 10 per clan or changing the time limit to 2 hours instead of 8. Anything would be an improvement over the existing system. I can't imagine some of the other large gaming communities are dealing with this any better. Although, they have much larger socks and a lot more poo with which to fill them, we just have constipation.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Also in a discussion on the official forums:

Hopefully enough people bitch about it and they change the caps or something. Even if it were 10 per clan or changing the time limit to 2 hours instead of 8. Anything would be an improvement over the existing system. I can't imagine some of the other large gaming communities are dealing with this any better. Although, they have much larger socks and a lot more poo with which to fill them, we just have constipation.

They probably have more problems than we do, for the most part people here hear about the way guilds work, go "wow that's lovely, oh well" and then just wait for us to have more spots opened up. There must be just absolute piles of people bitching up a storm for whatever reddit guild formed.

Doctor Schnabel posted:

yyyeah this bizarre guild invite grind isn't exactly filling me with confidence that the rest of the game won't be a miserable slog

This is a 100% fair opinion, it'll be good to see what the devs actually do.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So necromancer is fun as hell. 6 minions beating on stuff while i chuck spooky scythes at things is fun.

Oh also lich form makes you immune to damage and triggers on taking lethal damage, so there is that.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Corny Mario
Dry Hump
Guild Leader
Aidan Stormsong
Devlin Huer
Quinn Fravash
Ceive Ramseyer
The Machinist
Kakaraka Totoraka
Skribble Skrabble
Neuro Logist
Sarmhan Therium

This is the list I am tracking of people's names I have seen in the thread and are not in the guild (I think one or two slipped in ill have to check).

Also the last list of people I called out are literally out of my power and was a total bluff. I have no control of kicking people in clans that have commanders (and all clans have commanders). I can only gently caress with the 6 people in my clan and normally I just open up a new clan/slots and throw everyone in my clan all over the place in the guild so I have all the open slots and then I seek out more goons though pms and poo poo. I also spoke to three other major guilds and we are currently in the lead for player pop cap from the polling I have done. Regardless of what everyone else is doing I still am gonna bitch and rage over people that fail the mission even though its almost totally out of their power. Violence and anger is the only thing that shakes the goon into moments of compliance. When you are not looking a goon will go feral and wander off.

I am the scales of justice! Conductor of the choir of Death!

Sing brother Heckler, sing brother Koch . Sing Brother! Sing! SIIIING!

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Doctor Schnabel posted:

Not that bizarre, this kind of limited guild cap but poopsock for larger is really common on social iap phone games so.... yeah...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I understood that reference.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I am Devlin Huer and I'd also like to state that I'm over 2050 Prestige and not in the Guild yet, just putting that out there. :agesilaus:

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
That's cool - I'll hit you up when I get 2050. I realize the guild system isn't exactly friendly to inviting every goon dick and harry. Timezones are dicking me too - in Ireland.

Errbody chill, this is less sperg and more how the system works.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
To everyone wondering about this game its basically path of exile and warframes bastard child.

Oh im 2050+, Space Jam.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I went all :gay: and used a 'real' name for my dude. I'm Jhaele Flamehair in-game, but only 900ish prestige, won't be 2000+ for a while since I'm out of socks.

I'll get in the guild whenever, I guess.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

That's fine, as long as you understand that you're being the kid who doesn't understand why they can't have ice cream after they dump the entire carton on the floor.

This is the best way to deal with the situation, i.e. understanding that drinkfist isn't doing it solely to be a dick and to just chill out and not angrypost about it.

I'm sorry but I disagree. I was never in the guild to begin with and never formally requested an invite. I was getting an idea of what to expect from this guild first. Using your ice cream analogy, I tried a sample before buying, didn't like what I was tasting, and decided not to buy any while explaining why. Nothing childish about that.

With that said, I understand why this sucks due to a system that we have no control over, and I do sympathize with Drinkfist and any guild leader in this game because there is nothing fun about this feature.

What really rubs me in the wrong way isn't that people are getting kicked for lack of activity. It is that they are getting poo poo and kicked for a single day of being offline or failing a mission which they may have never done before. I could understand doing this after 5 days of inactivity during the first month due to the lovely system and asking those who are waiting to be a bit more patient. Anymore than that is suggestive to me that the guild is too demanding for those without much disposable time and that is okay I suppose, but it means that it isn't a good fit for me.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jul 12, 2015

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.
Slowboating the game as FistyLee Curtis.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Xavier434 posted:

What really rubs me in the wrong way isn't that people are getting kicked for lack of activity. It is that they are getting poo poo and kicked for a single day of being offline or failing a mission which they may have never done before. I could understand doing this after 5 days of inactivity during the first month due to the lovely system and asking those who are waiting to be a bit more patient. Anymore than that is suggestive to me that the guild is too demanding for those without much disposable time and that is okay I suppose, but it means that it isn't a good fit for me.

You can't understand it because you are not in it. They can come back later, more active people makes the guild increase faster, and this is important.

Each quest is 10 resources. They may need 800 resources.
So 80 quests.

Each quest can be done at most once per 8 hours per person above 2050.

So lets say someone does it twice, that is 20. If they can do that in two days that is 40.

If someone isn't even there yet, then that is 0.

If you want more spaces sooner, you do this. This isn't a big or bad deal, it is a good deal.

Soon as you increase the size, you can get more people in getting even more resources making go even faster meaning less time for people to wait which is over all a net good for everyone involved.

You just don't seem to understand working for the greater good or anything about this except for ice cream.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Xavier434 posted:

I think half of those losers that were name-shamed are actually in my clan and I kicked no one. We are Clan Underperformance and we are proud. For Mother Russia.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The game is pretty fun for what it is right now but the random massive lag spikes makes it hard to play for more than 20 minutes at a time. I'll be stable at around 90 ping then shoot up to like 150,000.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Also, want to make the point that I didn't gently caress off or be inactive. I had the game literally 45 minutes when I got an invite, then I had to log shortly after because of my job.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Getting bossed around like I was some Skaven might have worked when I was 12, but I'm like, at least 13 by now and that just won't fly. Something to keep in mind when dealing with me, cabrones

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

You just don't seem to understand working for the greater good or anything about this except for ice cream.

Not true. What this is about is a difference in opinion about what the greater good actually is.

Some people here feel that expanding the guild's capacity as fast as possible no matter what is for the greatest good. I agree with this to an extent but not to the extreme measure that appears to be taken which is what rubbed me the wrong way. My opinion of the greatest good is prioritizing the treatment of current guild members while respecting that most people's lives simply do not allow them to play every day. I mean come on man..someone here was threatened to be kicked because he decided to spend the day with his stepdaughter instead of playing an MMO. Does that not strike you as taking this situation a bit too far?

On the other hand, this system is awful and in consideration of those who are waiting to join the guild I think that it is reasonable to temporarily kick people due to inactivity. Especially if there is a mutual understanding. I would just draw that line in the sand somewhere else which is why I mentioned 5 days. I would also probably call for volunteers instead of issuing threats at least initially.

Anyways, it's cool. Something else that is very important to consider is what most people here would prefer and if that is to stay the course then that is exactly what Drinkfist should do. It just means that the guild may not be for me is all. Not a big deal.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Again, if we have enough eurogoons we ought to start a guild there. My ping is around 200 from Ireland.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

That sparks cap creeps up fast. Just a few nodes short of archer, gently caress my lack of a plan (when making a plan is right clicking a loving node you want).

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I must have glazed over how to build chapels because I'm unable to. I managed to get an okki tablet and a ring but the option to actually build a chapel is still missing.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
so whats up with those little stat bonuses that i unlock while moving through the atlas? do they stick around when i switch classes, or are they class-specific?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I have the requisite sperg points, please invite Super Admin.

• Locked thread