Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
On the topic of Order missions and followers and poo poo:

What should I be doing to maximize my progress there? Should I be recruiting these extra losers who want to join and immediately turn them to missionaries? Should I level up dudes and leave the new applicants to my cult alone (unless they have good stats/quality?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001
On that subject, is there a good way to get Supplies for Order missions? Am I basically going to have to send the rest of my followers on supply-gathering missions to fund the Pantheon-building missions or are the requirements not that bad?

My sufficiently prestiged character is Operating Thetan, by the way.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

I must have glazed over how to build chapels because I'm unable to. I managed to get an okki tablet and a ring but the option to actually build a chapel is still missing.

You have to select a chapel and then upgrade the chapel's quality to build it.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
So I needed 2 okki tablets for a new chapel on a new province? What a solid grind, wish I could just buy them on the market.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Doctor Schnabel posted:

so whats up with those little stat bonuses that i unlock while moving through the atlas? do they stick around when i switch classes, or are they class-specific?

They apply to your character at all times, think of them as 'global' stat bonuses.

If you're not in a hurry to unlock new classes it might be worth filling out the first half of all the starter class atlases, because those nodes give about the same stat bonuses as global atlas nodes, but at a fifth of the spark price.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

So I needed 2 okki tablets for a new chapel on a new province? What a solid grind, wish I could just buy them on the market.

Just keep an eye out for the bonus missions

Also You can get 99% of what you want out of the guild by hanging on mumble, the guild currently provides 0 unique benefits.

Also Drinkfist cant actually kick you without a vote

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

Yes. One to upgrade the Temple's Quality and one to upgrade the Chapel Quality

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

WarLocke posted:

They apply to your character at all times, think of them as 'global' stat bonuses.

If you're not in a hurry to unlock new classes it might be worth filling out the first half of all the starter class atlases, because those nodes give about the same stat bonuses as global atlas nodes, but at a fifth of the spark price.
not a bad idea. cheers m8 :cheers:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Man people are sperging out over guild invites when the loving guild doesn't do poo poo. The only thing it does at the moment is be a chat room. A chat room that doesn't work about 80% of the time.

There is no point to being in the guild if you aren't contributing to building.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Skoll posted:

The game is pretty fun for what it is right now but the random massive lag spikes makes it hard to play for more than 20 minutes at a time. I'll be stable at around 90 ping then shoot up to like 150,000.

The constant disconnect/crashes are what are getting to me.

Stormgale posted:

Just keep an eye out for the bonus missions

Also You can get 99% of what you want out of the guild by hanging on mumble, the guild currently provides 0 unique benefits.

Yes, listen to Ramsey here. I was a complainer about being kicked, but I ended up getting 2050+ and yeah honestly mumble is really more useful right now than actually being in guild. v:shobon:v

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Xavier434 posted:

Not true. What this is about is a difference in opinion about what the greater good actually is.

This isn't opinion. You're not listening to us.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

How do you change abilities? In the ability menu it just says there's "not enough talent slots" or "not enough space". It says 1/1 under the tree but I cant deselect the previous one.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Click the "Reset" button at the bottom right.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Demicol posted:

How do you change abilities? In the ability menu it just says there's "not enough talent slots" or "not enough space". It says 1/1 under the tree but I cant deselect the previous one.

Press Reset button, deselect/select the abilities you want (that are unlocked), press save button.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks! Thought that was only required for Talents.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Its's cool everyone asks that as it's not very obvious

Obscurity you are a cool person btw.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Xavier434 posted:

All this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRTASg9sh8

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 12, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WarLocke posted:

I did this because I can't decide on which path to take and I heartedly agree. Once you have the prestige to fill one, the spark rewards let you steamroll the other two.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!

To be fair, Xaviers post was fairly reasonable.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

ChickenWyngz posted:

To be fair, Xaviers post was fairly reasonable.

yah, but it wasn't

it was a lot of broken brain words

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

This isn't opinion. You're not listening to us.

I just disagree with the approach. It is a difference in opinion. Not a lack of understanding. It is also not a big deal.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 12, 2015

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I, uh, found this thing in my yard. Does it belong to one of you space homos in your spikey pajamas?

Where am I?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Stormgale posted:

Its's cool everyone asks that as it's not very obvious

Obscurity you are a cool person btw.

:bigtran:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
The guild will eventually have benefits other than being a half-working chat room. But that's going to take a while. It's going to be faster if the non-spergs let the spergs sperg for a week so all the non-spergs can join sperg guild. The only thing we're working towards at the moment is more slots so that everyone can join, not just those contributing towards opening those slots. Once that is done, then the guild will serve a purpose.

If you're playing casually and don't see yourself hitting 2050 prestige soon, then just get on mumble and talk about the game with us. Also, there's no way to see when someone joined the guild, so if you get kicked shortly after joining you know why. It probably won't happen though because that involves Drinkfist telling a clan leader to kick you, as he has no power to do so himself unless you're presently in his clan.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stormgale posted:

This is very important.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I enjoy all this pearl clutching even if there's no way I'm reading all those essays on fairness.

I got over 1k prestige today! I'm getting there! :toot:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm above 2050, requesting an invite as Dilbert DoUrden.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Caved, upgraded my founder's pack, and am loving the gently caress out of gunner. Holy poo poo I am just exploding these instances now how did I live without this before? Finally up around 3k prestige :toot: When does the weekly spark cap reset?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Bombogenesis posted:

Caved, upgraded my founder's pack, and am loving the gently caress out of gunner. Holy poo poo I am just exploding these instances now how did I live without this before? Finally up around 3k prestige :toot: When does the weekly spark cap reset?

wednesday :negative:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stormgale posted:

Oh I can kick you all. It would just require a few plane tickets. I favor the ribs. :black101:

Anoia posted:

I enjoy all this pearl clutching even if there's no way I'm reading all those essays on fairness.

I got over 1k prestige today! I'm getting there! :toot:

See the decent part of this cap is that you got a whole week to get were everyone is at and then when wednesday rolls over the spergs like myself will rocket up in a few days and then get stuck all over again. This game is super casual friendly.

Also if you don't hit your spark cap the remaining balance will roll over to the next week so I am told. Basically you are all set if you make your character this week or the next. Its the people that join in months later that will be sucking dick for beer money.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
This whole guild democracy thing sounds like the best type of trainwreck :magical:

Drinkfist posted:

Also if you don't hit your spark cap the remaining balance will roll over to the next week

Also this is the thing that makes this game great and not a lovely force-you-to poopsock game. The caps seem super generous to me (though I'm not a total sperg), I still have ~6,800 spark drops and 440k credits or something like that in this week's cap (allowance?) and I seriously doubt I'll hit that in the next 3 days before it rolls over on Wednesday.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 12, 2015

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

So how are people getting into the 7k range? I'm at 3.5k and capped. Is it just buying a bunch of argents and upgrading poo poo?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hate money so I upgraded to the top tier. How long does it take for the items and poo poo to show up? My profile badge is there but no extra bits in game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Arcade posted:

So how are people getting into the 7k range? I'm at 3.5k and capped. Is it just buying a bunch of argents and upgrading poo poo?

Supposedly from the login bonus exploit that was fixed.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

you can also raise your prestige pretty high if you just grabbed greatness nodes instead of beelining for a class. i didn't do that and i'm 5.5k but i could imagine getting 6.5k from doing that/going for cheaper nodes.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
anyone have any experience with the slayer class? i tried em out in the training room, and they seem like they bring much honor to clan hayabusa

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

You can get to 7k without the login bonuses. As Dosvidanya mentioned, it's from going for as many greatness nodes as possible. And then dropping your starting argents on holy texts or using up your credit cap on them. Upgrading your gear slots also works, but there's the particles of mastery cap for that.

I think the maximum you can get with 7 days worth of login bonuses and maximizing your caps (credits doesn't matter if you drop money) and greatness is around 8-10k prestige. But you will be far from unlocking any classes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Assuming you beeline for a class, how long does it take to reach them? I know different classes are different distances, but some examples would be cool

Also if anyone has a spare code send it to me so I can stream this poo poo for my friends

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Doctor Schnabel posted:

anyone have any experience with the slayer class? i tried em out in the training room, and they seem like they bring much honor to clan hayabusa

I unlocked Slayer this week but I haven't got to the ultimate yet, so not many abilities unlocked. RIght now I have all the combos, the three main abilities (backstab, the charge/pull and the mine skill) and the transformation (Complete Cloaking), which makes you invisible, immune to damage and CC, and can be activated or triggered by hitting 1 hp (separate cooldowns).

It's pretty fun. Your LLL combo adds a 5 minute buff that increases the damage of your next LLR combo by 40%. This isn't much, but you get a talent that bumps it to 300%. Backstab itself does about as much damage as that combo, and it makes you disappear off screen for half a second and... backstab the target, which is awesome against those telegraphed cone/line boss attacks, as it saves you dash charges and lets you stay on the boss until the very last split second.

The mine skill drops a bunch of mines around you. The spread is static, but if they hit an obstacle, they stop. This lets you drop a line of mines on a wall and use your pull to instantly kill a specific mob. On Impossible adventures, I also kite swawrms around them, but until I have more skills unlocked I rather just switch to Paladin for those.

Sadly, it's lacking in the AoE department. Later on you can use Bait and some other skill to help with swarms, but don't expect gunner/berserker/archer/cryo/monk levels of AoE damage output, which makes soloing a bit slow. Not to mention that taking those skills will reduce your damage output against bosses. The best thing you have against swarms is your execute - it triggers cloaking for about half a second, which lets you use an attack that hits every enemy around you; Sadly the range on that is pretty short, so it's only effective against melee swarms.

On the other hand, the damage output against bosses is insane. You're very mobile and therefore can stay on most bosses for 98% of the fight while simultaneously avoiding every big attack, in addition to more than a few ways you can avoid incoming damage and the possibility of dishing out some ranged damage with RMB.

Also, there's a talent that gives the LMB skill on the transformation a 100% crit chance with 100% bonus damage on the third attack. It's a 2 minutes long buff. I start most boss fights with it, which takes away anywhere from 2 to 4 bars of the typical (adventure) bosses' hp, and then 40 seconds later you do it again. Most bosses don't last more than a minute to a minute and a half. It's even better if the boss spawns weak adds, as you can execute them for the transformation.

Edit: Later on you get a skill that basically adds a permanent DoT to bosses, and a talent that reduces the cooldown of your (single target) ultimate with every hit on strong enemies. I fully expect most bosses to die in 30 seconds by then.

Countblanc posted:

Assuming you beeline for a class, how long does it take to reach them? I know different classes are different distances, but some examples would be cool

Also if anyone has a spare code send it to me so I can stream this poo poo for my friends

If you game the cap a bit, one week's worth if you go for Archer, Necromancer, Slayer or Kinetic. Other classes will require 2-3 weeks. Some managed to hit the cap in ~10 hours of play time, but it gets quicker and easier the higher your prestige is, due to increasing rewards.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGHpnotiq
Jun 12, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Necromancer, Archer, Kinetic and Slayer can be reached this week if you did deviate too much and focused on just reaching them. These are Intermediate classes. Gunner, Zerker, Doc Oct, Knight, and which ever I forgot. These more advanced classes will take 2 weeks with good planning? Maybe 3 with bad planning.

• Locked thread