Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I don't think Jimbo's bar-ban is a bad thing; he'd probably get more out of having the team engage in some sort of DV outreach or at least a few classes.

Where taking that type of stand might hurt him is in recruiting though, assuming the ban continues from one season to the next.

they can just have house parties every night and save money tbh

that or Jimbo's real plan is to supplement his income by selling them moonshine in jugs with XXX written on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thee is a hot rumor that Matty Mauk got super shitfaced at the Manning Academy and was so bad off that they had to give him an IV and he couldn't work with the younger kids in attendance. I really hope that this is true because Mauktober is the best thing.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
He arrived for the air it out from the hospital and did pretty badly. Cooper Manning was announcing and said that he needed to go back to the hospital.

The throws for the competition were at moving papa john's trucks at 20, 40, and 60 yards down the sideline.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Thee is a hot rumor that Matty Mauk got super shitfaced at the Manning Academy and was so bad off that they had to give him an IV and he couldn't work with the younger kids in attendance. I really hope that this is true because Mauktober is the best thing.

Manziel pt 2?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I don't think Jimbo's bar-ban is a bad thing; he'd probably get more out of having the team engage in some sort of DV outreach or at least a few classes.

Where taking that type of stand might hurt him is in recruiting though, assuming the ban continues from one season to the next.

It's like when Dabo banned twitter accounts during the season... It doesn't keep you from being an idiot, just makes it less visible.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Regnevelc posted:

Manziel pt 2?

after last season, nobody has any expectation of mauk actually being good

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

JesustheDarkLord posted:

The throws for the competition were at moving papa john's trucks at 20, 40, and 60 yards down the sideline.

That's dedication. The Nationwide commercial where Peyton works the jingle into everyday activities might be closer to real life than we thought.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

KKKLIP ART posted:

This happens every year like clockwork, it's tradition at this point

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mauk is actually showing true mentorship for future college players. He also has a module on avoiding campus PD.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

Manziel pt 2?

Well last year at the media days he did say that he wants to play like Jonny Football so maybe he is taking it to its logical conclusion

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Grittybeard posted:

Eh, that doesn't prove much. Elite 11 is still supposed to be a big deal even if a fair amount of guys who go end up washing out.

I have no idea about the Manning Academy though.

Case in point, Johnny Stanton who made the elite 11 before signing on with Nebraska. Where is he now? He just transferred last month to Saddleback college after being placed as the 5th out of 5 qbs on the roster behind two freshman and a walk on. Ouch.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
I just got married and at the wedding my cousin, who got engaged last week, told me her wedding is on November 1. I congratulated them and after I walked away I checked to make sure that Virginia Tech has an away game that weekend because I have a problem.

Please get here fast, college football.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I wonder if he was piss drunk for the first 3 quarters of our game against them, and then somebody got him a coffee or whatever and sobered him up for the last 10 minutes. Cause wow he played like poo poo for most of that game. How the gently caress did we lose that game? What the gently caress? God drat it 2014 won't stop making me angry

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Frinkahedron posted:

I just got married and at the wedding my cousin, who got engaged last week, told me her wedding is on November 1. I congratulated them and after I walked away I checked to make sure that Virginia Tech has an away game that weekend because I have a problem.

Do they have an away game?

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Metapod posted:

Do they have an away game?

At Boston College :smug::respek::smug:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Frinkahedron posted:

Based on the post it makes it sound like they did so you're lucky! I had a similar thing except I have tickets to the away game in question so now I have to trade them for a different one. A second wedding is also on a home game night. People need to get their priorities straight ffs

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

:allears:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

djdanno13 posted:

Case in point, Johnny Stanton who made the elite 11 before signing on with Nebraska. Where is he now? He just transferred last month to Saddleback college after being placed as the 5th out of 5 qbs on the roster behind two freshman and a walk on. Ouch.

That's just one of many examples: the Elite 11 is a crapshoot (likely owing in part to the popularity of the 7-on-7 format)

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
39 football players that played for Alabama in 2011 are currently on NFL rosters, according to al.com

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'll wait on piggywiggly.com to confirm

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Frinkahedron posted:

My buddy is getting married for the second time in September 2016 and knowing my luck it'll be the weekend of the Bristol Game. His last one was during the 09 Nebraska game. I hate that he doesn't have the spine to say no to weddings during football season. You'd think he'd have learned his lesson.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Notorious ZSB posted:

My buddy is getting married for the second time in September 2016 and knowing my luck it'll be the weekend of the Bristol Game. His last one was during the 09 Nebraska game. I hate that he doesn't have the spine to say no to weddings during football season. You'd think he'd have learned his lesson.

It's like the second kid, no one cares about a second wedding, you don't have to go.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

equating DUI with MIP or weed lol.

things_that_are_not_cdv_or_rape.txt

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Noticed Kansas lost another starting player today. They're now boasting just 4 returning scholarship players on their entire team and are well below the 85 scholarship limit for the team.

Jesus Christ, that team is going to be awful this year. Iowa State might drop 70 on them. Baylor, TCU, and OU might find themselves closer to 200.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who will be worse, 2015 Kansas or 2014 SMU

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
I get to sit in on a coaches meeting tomorrow morning. I'll report on which blood rituals they use. Maybe I'm the sacrifice?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

wootmachine posted:

I get to sit in on a coaches meeting tomorrow morning. I'll report on which blood rituals they use. Maybe I'm the sacrifice?

:rip:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Noticed Kansas lost another starting player today. They're now boasting just 4 returning scholarship players on their entire team and are well below the 85 scholarship limit for the team.

Haha holy poo poo, that is incredible.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

wootmachine posted:

I guess they ran out of virgin coeds at Bama this summer?

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

Korranus posted:

I guess they ran out of virgin coeds at Bama this summer?

We still have the entire Mallet dorm and most of engineering.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Alouicious posted:

who will be worse, 2015 Kansas or 2014 SMU

Probably Kansas '15. '14 SMU was godawful, but even the dregs of metroplex recruiting probably gives you more raw talent to work with than you've got in a depleted KU football team.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

gently caress that, he's probably got a third one coming later, go to Bristol.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

kayakyakr posted:

It's like the second kid, no one cares about a second wedding, you don't have to go.

I skipped my father in laws 4th marriage. I told him I'd catch the next one.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

People only care about the first one. Don't beat yourself up about not attending the second one.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That's plenty of time to lay the groundwork for an elaborate lie about converting to a religion that forbids you to recognize his divorce and subsequent remarriage.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That's plenty of time to lay the groundwork for an elaborate lie about converting to a religion that forbids you to recognize his divorce and subsequent remarriage.

Its also plenty of time to say "gently caress off, I am going to get drunk with 175,000 people and watch football. When your wedding has that, I will attend."

edit: Also the real evidence against FSU is starting to surface:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/fsu-s-dalvin-cook-was-cited-last-year-for-chaining-three-puppies-together-032456889.html

swickles fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 13, 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It is times like these where we all look to our betters on #FSUtwitter for clear, reasonable responses.

e: I unironically love the TN account. Go read all of it right now, it's amazing stuff.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

swickles posted:

Its also plenty of time to say "gently caress off, I am going to get drunk with 175,000 people and watch football. When your wedding has that, I will attend."

edit: Also the real evidence against FSU is starting to surface:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/fsu-s-dalvin-cook-was-cited-last-year-for-chaining-three-puppies-together-032456889.html

Jesus Christ give him the chair.

Puppies :smith:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

vyst posted:

Jesus Christ give him the chair.

Puppies :smith:

gently caress that guy, waste of air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud