Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Horse looks lean like deer. Would eat if given the opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

In what a senior EU official described as an “exercise in extensive mental waterboarding” to secure Greek acquiescence

jesus christ
jfc

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the other dog is here so now the doodle isnt bugging me all the time BUt trade off i have to put up with a shih tzu

i hate little dogs

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Badger of Basra posted:

In what a senior EU official described as an “exercise in extensive mental waterboarding” to secure Greek acquiescence

jesus christ

lmfao

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Badger of Basra posted:

jesus christ

put the germans in charge they said

it'll be fine they said

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Also looking at room house share things for the first time in forever. I recall now why I hate the idea of it but drat single living in apartment is killing me.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Gravel Gravy posted:

Horse looks lean like deer. Would eat if given the opportunity.

horse is supposedly really tough

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

honestly if you'd told me that britain of all the countries in this graph

would be the most supportive or least mad of the countries polled to greece's problems I'd have laughed at you

idk what the level of public discourse must be like in the other euro countries about greece but I'm going to go with

terrible

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Disinterested posted:

put the germans in charge they said

it'll be fine they said

maybe if they'd been less generous with their pensions

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

horse is supposedly really tough

it's not tough, but the fact that it's lean means you have to cook it with care because it doesn't have its own fat to stop it drying out

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

maybe if they'd been less generous with their pensions

if they'd stop loving hoarding their savings and consumed something maybe we could get a bit of growth going

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Disinterested posted:

honestly if you'd told me that britain of all the countries in this graph

would be the most supportive or least mad of the countries polled to greece's problems I'd have laughed at you

idk what the level of public discourse must be like in the other euro countries about greece but I'm going to go with

terrible

why is finland so mad

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gravel Gravy posted:

Also looking at room house share things for the first time in forever. I recall now why I hate the idea of it but drat single living in apartment is killing me.
Would you describe it as mental waterboarding?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

why is finland so mad

finland is super racist

I am doing the episteme dance to summon lenin so he can explain why

but this dumb polandball actually sums that country up:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Disinterested posted:

it's not tough, but the fact that it's lean means you have to cook it with care because it doesn't have its own fat to stop it drying out
Hmm might work smoked. Cook low and slow, indirect heat. Put it on some foil so it doesn't lose any juice.

Could work.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Disinterested posted:

if they'd stop loving hoarding their savings and consumed something maybe we could get a bit of growth going

i don't think i want to take economic advice from a brit, tyvm

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Disinterested posted:

lol horses are finicky and delicate even as meat

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Sharkie posted:

Would you describe it as mental waterboarding?

Paying rent in a single apartment or looking for rooms hares? Yes either way.

Oh look an apartment in a farm in Ashburn. I think I could live like Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse if it wouldn't involve an hour commute.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Gravel Gravy posted:

Hmm might work smoked. Cook low and slow, indirect heat. Put it on some foil so it doesn't lose any juice.

Could work.

not sure

the french cook it so you can find recipes I'm sure - and the japanese eat it as sashimi, which may suggest to you that it's not super tough

probably depends on cut though

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i don't think i want to take economic advice from a brit, tyvm

we actually have slightly better than american growth right now but yeah I wouldn't copy *us*, but note I'm not advocating copying our policy

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

4. De-politicize the Greek administration

lmao.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Disinterested posted:

we actually have slightly better than american growth right now but yeah I wouldn't copy *us*, but note I'm not advocating copying our policy

i was pretending to be german

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i can scarcely believe what's about to happen, again

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Badger of Basra posted:

i can scarcely believe what's about to happen, again

what do you think is going to happen, again?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

4. De-politicize the Greek administration

lmao.

lol that's basically code for 'install puppet government'

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i was pretending to be german

if an american makes an arrogant remark about foreigns he just sounds american unless he adopts an accent or begins to leave his towel on the beach chair suspiciously early in the morning

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Disinterested posted:

lol that's basically code for 'install puppet government'

if an american makes an arrogant remark about foreigns he just sounds american unless he adopts an accent or begins to leave his towel on the beach chair suspiciously early in the morning

lol

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

what do you think is going to happen, again?

syriza will either surrender greece's sovereignty to the troika or be couped out of office, like papandreou and berlusconi before them

#thisisacoup

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Poland is shocked by the news that Germany's deal with Greece also gives them control over Warsaw

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

somewhere gordon brown is :smaug: ing around about forcing tony blair not to take us in to the euro

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Badger of Basra posted:

syriza will either surrender greece's sovereignty to the troika or be couped out of office, like papandreou and berlusconi before them

#thisisacoup

i am not sure why you're remotely shocked

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
its funny watchin the shih tzu and the doodle play because her entire body is roughly the size of his head, so he'll just lay down and let her attack him and when he thinks its his turn just swats her away with his giant fuckin foot

good boy

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

Poland is shocked by the news that Germany's deal with Greece also gives them control over Warsaw

it wouldn't surprise me if in every treaty of the EU austria and germany had snuck provisions for the partition of poland that had to be removed by counsel

at this point it's a national pasttime

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Small Frozen Thing posted:

The Kurds have been so well-behaved compared to pretty much every other group the US has ever thrown its military power behind that I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop
The other shoe is the prevalence of FGM, especially in Iraqi Kurdistan.:( There have been strides made recently against the practice, including a law banning it in Iraqi Kurdistan, a fatwa saying the practice is not prescribed by Islam (but unfortunately not saying it should be banned), and a lot of on-the-ground pushback against it by everyday men and women, so there is progress being made.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Disinterested posted:

somewhere gordon brown is :smaug: ing around about forcing tony blair not to take us in to the euro

"Excellent, our poonds are secure..."

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Badger of Basra posted:

jesus christ

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Badger of Basra posted:

jesus christ

The 9/11 of economics

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

again i am not sure what any of y'all expected

ah yes, i am sure the germans can TOTALLY be trusted

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

it's not like we got to decide to trust them

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gravel Gravy posted:

Paying rent in a single apartment or looking for rooms hares? Yes either way.

Oh look an apartment in a farm in Ashburn. I think I could live like Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse if it wouldn't involve an hour commute.
So your plan is to become a mysterious and brooding boarder in a Victorian house run by a kindly old lady who bakes biscuits each morning?

Or are you going with the commune-style living with politically radical college students angle?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

tbf until relatively recently the EU's dynamic has been France as the leading nation with Germany behind it. In the last 10 years it's really changed up as Germany has powered forward economically and been permitted to rejoin the human race

now you're going to see france and germany argue a lot more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Disinterested posted:

tbf until relatively recently the EU's dynamic has been France as the leading nation with Germany behind it. In the last 10 years it's really changed up as Germany has powered forward economically and been permitted to rejoin the human race

now you're going to see france and germany argue a lot more

so you're saying i can blame the french? i can get behind this.

• Locked thread