Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Delph has already shown that playing for Sherwood is a bigger draw than the Champions League, why would Benteke leave without even that on offer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Are there any one club men left in the league? I suppose you have to put a minimum criteria of ten years or something.

Edit: forgot Hibbert for some reason

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hoops posted:

Are there any one club men left in the league? I suppose you have to put a minimum criteria of ten years or something.

Terry

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Hoops posted:

Gabby Agbonlahor, Steven Taylor, Mark Noble, some quality players right there

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

TelekineticBear! posted:

if liverpool spend all the cash on benteke of all players ill do some big lols

Benteke is real good op

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Chris de Sperg posted:

Gabby Agbonlahor, Steven Taylor, Mark Noble, some quality players right there

Steven Taylor would have moved to a better club if he could have stopped his body breaking down

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

Benteke is real good op

Too good for liverpoo

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

RvP arrived in Turkey :stare:

Wuzzzuuuuuuuuupppp

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

benteke leaving to continue to not play in the champions league for a poo poo club that has never won the PL would be the worst, so it's bound to happen

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

straight up brolic posted:

benteke leaving to continue to not play in the champions league for a poo poo club that has never won the PL would be the worst, so it's bound to happen

We can only hope he'll pull a Delph at the last minute.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

Link to the guy who held up a mcdonalds
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-12/wanderers27-bulut-charged-by-police/6305384

He's since moved to some Greek team.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Schneiderlin is having a medical too :eyepop:

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Nice, we picked up Schneiderlin too. Now can we please sign an experienced defender and striker.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

I don't like this

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
all the money in the world

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
This transfer window is cool and good.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I don't like this

Agreed. United are dangerously close to being competent again.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Let's buy Gareth Bale.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

He arrived with Schweinsteiger and noone reported it.

This owns. :newlol:

It is a bit bizarre that we have already signed 4 very good players and still need 2 more (3 if we are being honest about the GK position).

Huge changes to the squad.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Just Bale and Lloris to go.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Get the gently caress in

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Apparently several hours before news broke someone posted this blood vial

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

PirateBob posted:

He arrived with Schweinsteiger and noone reported it.

This owns. :newlol:

It is a bit bizarre that we have already signed 4 very good players and still need 2 more (3 if we are being honest about the GK position).

Huge changes to the squad.

Haven't spent too much either (individually). All the transfers have been less than what Chelsea splashed out for Cuadrado.

serious gaylord posted:

Just Bale and Lloris to go.

Need some of that Otamendi given Ramos is unlikely.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Haven't spent too much either (individually).

do wages not count?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

not not luvd posted:

do wages not count?

It's not the united way

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

United needs Schneiderlin more than Arsenal needs him so not surprised tbh. Wenger will probably peel off a low-cost functional player elsewhere in Europe.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Schneiderlin has been our best player since we got promoted and if I'm being honest he deserved a move to a Champions League club. He played really well last season after initially being super pissed that he wasn't allowed to leave so I can't even hate him for going now.

Rumours are that we're after Clasie to replace him so hopefully we can get that sorted quickly.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

not not luvd posted:

do wages not count?

lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I hate to say it but Mancchester United have been making some good moves this window. I think they've got 4th place sewn up.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i'm very glad that we're signing good players and that city are signing bad ones

a striker is likely necessary unless james wilson is going to be world class, but my suspicion is that van gaal will want to play 4-5-1/4-3-3 with rooney in the middle and depay and young on the wing, so we potentially need a backup rather than signing ibrahimovic for all the money

i'm thinking grant holt

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm skeptical that Sterling got 200k, but he was in the same position as Liverpool with respect to bargaining power. City's only real alternatives were going after Barkley or trying to pry away some of Arsenal's home grown players, and they were going to get gouged wherever they turned. They hosed themselves so bad. It's delicious.

they should unironically be going after like Ryan Mason or someone from spurs

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Haven't spent too much either (individually). All the transfers have been less than what Chelsea splashed out for Cuadrado.

Need some of that Otamendi given Ramos is unlikely.

lol you are a United fan and a Barca fan? thats cool

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Mean Bean Machine posted:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

FullLeatherJacket posted:

i'm very glad that we're signing good players and that city are signing bad ones

a striker is likely necessary unless james wilson is going to be world class, but my suspicion is that van gaal will want to play 4-5-1/4-3-3 with rooney in the middle and depay and young on the wing, so we potentially need a backup rather than signing ibrahimovic for all the money

i'm thinking grant holt

Hasn't Wilson already gone out on loan? Unless you're talking about the future, but you'd still need a striker now, what with RvP and Hernandez (probably) leaving.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Footballers have 10-15 years to earn their entire career income you can't really use chasing money as a criticism IMO although it's nice when you get one club men like shearer or rooney

You'd have a point if, within those precious 10-15 years, they didn't earn more than most people would earn in 10-15 lifetime's of work.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

i respect that. at least it's honest.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

chuggo is BACK posted:

they should unironically be going after like Ryan Mason or someone from spurs

Yeah legitimately surprised that City hasn't raided Spurs for homegrown.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Blinkz0rz posted:

Yeah legitimately surprised that City hasn't raided Spurs for homegrown.

The only Spurs player I'd want is Kane, and that's after Only One Good Season

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Nice, we picked up Schneiderlin too. Now can we please sign an experienced defender and striker.

Aren't you a barca fan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

EvilHawk posted:

Hasn't Wilson already gone out on loan? Unless you're talking about the future, but you'd still need a striker now, what with RvP and Hernandez (probably) leaving.

There's no loan in place right now, that could change if someone else comes in, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me if he gets a more senior role this season

Depay could also potentially play through the middle, but I'm pretty sure it's not a natural position for him

• Locked thread