Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Not to go all misery poker on you guys, but if you thought the main story fights on NG+ are hard, get a load of the Azrael missions. Granted, there are no brutes, but the whole "Take no hits whatsoever" condition is a barrel of laughs without counter-icons - especially the third fight, which mixes in a medic. (By comparison, the final challenge - six ninjas - was pretty easy, though it still took a few tries.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You should earn all 79 stars on your first playthrough then, scrub. :smug:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The only thing in the game I've really hated is the change to the quickfire explosive gel. It seems so useless now, especially since it is auto timed.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Gatac posted:

Not to go all misery poker on you guys, but if you thought the main story fights on NG+ are hard, get a load of the Azrael missions. Granted, there are no brutes, but the whole "Take no hits whatsoever" condition is a barrel of laughs without counter-icons - especially the third fight, which mixes in a medic. (By comparison, the final challenge - six ninjas - was pretty easy, though it still took a few tries.)

I had more trouble with the ninjas just because of how janky the blade dodge is.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Love the easter egg in Man-Bat's laboratory if you go back after the end of the main story. It's by the bridge to ACE Chemicals, if anyone else wants to visit.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.

Dogen posted:

I had more trouble with the ninjas just because of how janky the blade dodge is.

Basically I just always pull away from ninjas on a counter and keep the button pressed, it doesn't seem to hurt the "normal" attack counter and gets me into a blade dodge pretty reliably - and if it just a normal attack, I still have the whole animation for that to let go and reassess the situation. It definitely is quite tricky, but it's doable.

By the way, if anyone still needs to three-star Untouchable, I recommend staying at the edge of the arena and blowing up tanks until you have a full Level 4 charge, then deploying a CPU virus, then working up to a Level 4 charge again and unleashing a missile barrage. It's still wall-bangingly frustrating (like so many things with the Batmobile combat), but if you can manage that you have it in the bag.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Do you have to 3-star everything to get the 100% ending?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

paint dry posted:

No, you don't even need to do any of the AR challenges.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

paint dry posted:

You don't have to touch the AR missions for that, it's only the Most Wanted missions.

Thank goodness too because the AR missions suck.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They're really easy, though, and like a 1 minute investment for an upgrade point.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dogen posted:

They're really easy, though, and like a 1 minute investment for an upgrade point.

some of them, at least. I had a lot of trouble with the bank robbery one and David and Goliath

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm not sure if it's funnier to have Riddler thrown in jail last, or be the only one ranting to himself in an empty cell.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm not sure if it's funnier to have Riddler thrown in jail last, or be the only one ranting to himself in an empty cell.

Is it possible to do him first? Don't you need to do others before you unlock all the items needed to do Riddler?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Waltzing Along posted:

Is it possible to do him first? Don't you need to do others before you unlock all the items needed to do Riddler?

If you have all the Riddler trophies when you go to NG+ you can do all of his trials the second you get Founder's Island unlocked for the Batmobile. He still does the "find all of them to fight me" thing, but that just leads to Batman stepping outside and turning right around again. :v:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

poptart_fairy posted:

If you have all the Riddler trophies when you go to NG+ you can do all of his trials the second you get Founder's Island unlocked for the Batmobile. He still does the "find all of them to fight me" thing, but that just leads to Batman stepping outside and turning right around again. :v:

Didn't realize trophies carried over. That's a bit odd.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I believe that's always been the case with NG+ in Batman, thank gently caress.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

DarthBlingBling posted:

I believe that's always been the case with NG+ in Batman, thank gently caress.

Nothing better than hearing Riddler go "You'll never solve my riddles, Batman!" to "HOW ARE YOU SOLVING ALL MY RIDDLES, BATMAN?!?" in the space of a minute.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I didn't even notice the AR combat stuff wasn't wave based until I tried one out. holy poo poo this sucks how do you gently caress this up so badly

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's just the racing based AR challenges that I flat out refuse. And I think there are some where it's half race and half combat? I refuse to do those too. Do we have any word on when the Batgirl stuff will be released? Is it a midnight sort of thing?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Grapplejack posted:

The only thing in the game I've really hated is the change to the quickfire explosive gel. It seems so useless now, especially since it is auto timed.

Even the changes to the regular explosive gel aren't that great.
-Tries to go into a floor grate to escape, wall blows up with no one nearby.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
If I activate the protocol before getting all of the riddler trophies, will I be locked out and unable to watch the "real" 100% ending until I beat the game again?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Residency Evil posted:

If I activate the protocol before getting all of the riddler trophies, will I be locked out and unable to watch the "real" 100% ending until I beat the game again?

No, it reverts to the save right after the last thing you did before activating the protocol.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

MinibarMatchman posted:

I didn't even notice the AR combat stuff wasn't wave based until I tried one out. holy poo poo this sucks how do you gently caress this up so badly

Because nobody cares about the challenge rooms.

(I say as a person who likes the challenge rooms)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder if you can put off finishing the Most Wanted missions until after the game and if they recorded special lines about Batman's identity being out of the bag.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG-nhabuApM

Where's the Arkham game where I can play as this guy?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Funky Valentine posted:

I wonder if you can put off finishing the Most Wanted missions until after the game and if they recorded special lines about Batman's identity being out of the bag.

You can and they did.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Funky Valentine posted:

They did, yes. Two Face's, I think batmobile conversation maybe, is a bit heartwarming in a weird way.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is Batman popular in Japan?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
Well there's Chibatman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-29006188

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.
I got this game for free when I upgraded my computer. Do I need to play the other games or can I jump in to this? I'm asking in regards to both plot and gameplay.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Play the other games first. Then by the time you finish AK might work on your PC. But maybe not.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

DaveSauce posted:

I got this game for free when I upgraded my computer. Do I need to play the other games or can I jump in to this? I'm asking in regards to both plot and gameplay.

City has some plot stuff that is spoiled literally immediately upon starting Arkham Knight. Origins is completely separate.

Asylum's game systems are going to feel a bit dated after you play Knight. I'd recommend Asylum-City-Knight, Origins at your leisure.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
With the caveat that Knight contains a few minor references to Origins, so you might want to play that first.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Origins is awesome with some minor but annoying flaws and (now) some minor bugs, but since it builds heavily upon City, you should familiarize yourself with City's combat or some of the later enemy groupings are going to cause problems like the armored brutes and the martial arts guys.

The martial arts guys were awesome, why the hell weren't they added to add some more variety to the combat? They already have the retarded thing of having paramilitary troops use swords.... loving swords against the Batman, why not some stupid unarmed kung-fu dudes?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Origin is interesting, but the city feels kinda empty and I don't like how dismissive Bruce is of Alfred. He worked hard on that Christmas dinner, don't be a dick :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Origin is interesting, but the city feels kinda empty and I don't like how dismissive Bruce is of Alfred. He worked hard on that Christmas dinner, don't be a dick :(

Well, that is sort of the point. Bruce is a dick to a lot of people and tries to get over it.

(Knight shows he is still a dick to a lot of people, especially people named Tim.)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

MrJacobs posted:

Origins is awesome with some minor but annoying flaws and (now) some minor bugs, but since it builds heavily upon City, you should familiarize yourself with City's combat or some of the later enemy groupings are going to cause problems like the armored brutes and the martial arts guys.

The martial arts guys were awesome, why the hell weren't they added to add some more variety to the combat? They already have the retarded thing of having paramilitary troops use swords.... loving swords against the Batman, why not some stupid unarmed kung-fu dudes?

My guess is that this is because martial artists in Origins had persistent bugs in combat. I'm actually not clear on how much of the Origins resource base was made available to Rocksteady- things that you'd think would be ported over, like the Enforcers, to be changed into Brutes, were effectively remade.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

CJacobs posted:

They did, yes. Two Face's, I think batmobile conversation maybe, is a bit heartwarming in a weird way.

Nothing changes about Hush's except for one line Bruce says to Lucius, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

Nothing changes about Hush's except for one line Bruce says to Lucius, though.

That's... really really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Goddamn Arkham Knight's voice just does not suit his character. Plus he's just so loving incompetent.

• Locked thread