Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Nicotine dependant posted:

Psn: rhymen-ocerous

I couldn't locate you when I went to add you to the AD and EP guilds.

JackBadass posted:

PSN: JackBadass

Invited to the AD and EP guilds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

I hate yankees posted:

Which one is which?

Edit: Nevermind, see now. Thanks

Alicette
Mar 9, 2011
I play PC EP and DC and I would like to be in the goon guilds. @riotingisfun

Nicotine dependant
Oct 31, 2010

I hate yankees posted:

I couldn't locate you when I went to add you to the AD and EP guilds.

Sorry I misspelled my psn

It's

Psn: Rhymen-oceros

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Nicotine dependant posted:

Sorry I misspelled my psn

It's

Psn: Rhymen-oceros

No worries, invites sent.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

So how do I get access to things like the guild bank in the PS4 EP guild?

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

JackBadass posted:

So how do I get access to things like the guild bank in the PS4 EP guild?

A banker in a larger city. The bankers in hideouts are only for your personal stash. You should have the correct rank in both guilds to withdraw and deposit.

Sometimes the guild bank doesn't load right away, so if you close out and wait a few seconds it usually will load.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I hate yankees posted:

A banker in a larger city. The bankers in hideouts are only for your personal stash. You should have the correct rank in both guilds to withdraw and deposit.

Sometimes the guild bank doesn't load right away, so if you close out and wait a few seconds it usually will load.

Cool, thanks. I was set as just a "recruit" before, but now it looks right.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
How many goons play these days? I stopped playing around the time pretty much every goon stopped playing last summer/fall or so.

angrypostman
Jan 25, 2011
Grabbed the game in the green man gaming sale today, gonna take a few more hours before the stupid thing is done downloading, but what faction are the majority of North American PC goons playing?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PC Goons play on EP.

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...
The PC version is on sale for $14.99 and you can get it for $12 with this code:

GMGSUM-MERSAL-E20OFF

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/mmos/elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/

I really want to get it on PS4 but $12...dang.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Get the PC version.

YOU GET TEXT CHAT AND ADDONS AND LOTS OF OTHER COOL STUFF.

Also you get to enjoy being left in the dark for months at a time IRT new content.

Speaking of delays, apparently the 7/13 info update on Imp City is being delayed. AGAIN.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hey, I just got this from that deal in the previous post. Too bad I didn't know that when you install the game into a different folder - in my case C:/Gaming, it deletes all the contents of that folder, including Steam and all my games! Hooray!

Luckily I wasn't in the middle of any of those games and cloud saves should have backed up anything I did need

Roman fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 12, 2015

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I can't imagine having to play on console. The ability to text chat and use addons is a godsend.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mizuti posted:

I can't imagine having to play on console. The ability to text chat and use addons is a godsend.

*Plays on console*

*Constantly has skyshardmap.jpg open on computer screen*

*Never advances mages guild*

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mizuti posted:

I play on xbox because i like to lay on my couch. its fine.

pc gaming requires sitting up :*(

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Vile posted:

Get with the times man. You can do anything with computer setups now. My buddy games in a recliner chair with his PC hooked up to a 60" television. If it's not a gamepad game he has a keyboard and mouse on a little swivel tray.

This is the future.

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...

Vile posted:

Apparently you can play the PC version of ESO with a controller so I should still be able to be lazy and play. I rented the PS4 version and voice chat was pretty annoying so I'm thankful for text chat. I went ahead and bought the PC version.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

*Plays on console*

*Constantly has skyshardmap.jpg open on computer screen*

*Never advances mages guild*

This is unbelievably accurate...

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chomp8645 posted:

Get with the times man. You can do anything with computer setups now. My buddy games in a recliner chair with his PC hooked up to a 60" television. If it's not a gamepad game he has a keyboard and mouse on a little swivel tray.

This is the future.

I have an office room that my pc sits In. All hooked up to printer and crap. and I share my desktop with my fiancé. I don't think she will let me goon out with a recliner and dedicated game space. My Xbox is insulting already for her design vision of our living room.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Looking for a 40ish healer for Vollenfell right now. Msg Mewpers, I'll invite you. PS4 EP

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
On PC, I play on the Aldmeri Dominion. You can still chat and email across factions. It only matters for actually teaming with other goons.

I know that GMG sold out of copies. I know I bought it from Steam right after the Steam sale and if I waited a couple of weeks I could have gotten it for a lot cheaper now.

I do not regret spending the amount I did on the game, and even getting the Explorer's Pack off Ebay and buying 3,000 crowns and buying the Imperial upgrade. The only reason I haven't logged in recently is because when it's hot here I do not want to play games and would prefer just lying down in bed and vegging out with Netflix or something.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
I'm on pc, could I get an invite to the Ebonheart guild? User name is @Ryoutarou

thanks!

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014
Any way I could get an invite to the Ebonheart guild on PC? Username is Xmaspast.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Is Daggerfall still the most active for Goons on US PC? I have a level 20 on Ebonheart and I'm looking to get back into the game, but I feel I'm still early enough to move over to something else if needed.

Alexander DeLarge for Ebonheart guild please (just to check things out, might keep him)

*I hosed up, didn't put a space in my name if someone sent an invite to AlexanderDeLarge*

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 14, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is Daggerfall still the most active for Goons on US PC? I have a level 20 on Ebonheart and I'm looking to get back into the game, but I feel I'm still early enough to move over to something else if needed.

Alexander DeLarge for Ebonheart guild please (just to check things out, might keep him)

*I hosed up, didn't put a space in my name if someone sent an invite to AlexanderDeLarge*

Post your @UserName (so mine in game is @SkyShadowing), for example, not your character name (mine, for example, is Sky-Like-Shadow)

And Daggerfall is dead, we've all moved to Ebonheart now.

Hawaiian Shirt Day
Apr 6, 2006
Looking for an invite to the US PC Ebonheart guild. @Sindice

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
gently caress lock-picking. What is the weird secret that makes lock picking work.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Once it starts shaking it's too late. Figure once to find the spot and a second push to get it in place.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't think it's possible to make lock picking easier than it is in this game.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

RCarr posted:

I don't think it's possible to make lock picking easier than it is in this game.

Are we playing the same game?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Probably. The only lock I haven't gotten on the first shot are the master locks once or twice.

You hold the pin down until it starts to shake and then you let go. It's painfully simple. If you happen to hold it too long on the first try then you know exactly when to let go on the second try. I'm not sure how it could take more than 2 tries per pin and they give you plenty of time.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

Post your @UserName (so mine in game is @SkyShadowing), for example, not your character name (mine, for example, is Sky-Like-Shadow)

And Daggerfall is dead, we've all moved to Ebonheart now.

Then it's @alexanderdelarge

Also, what's great about Ebonheart?

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Then it's @alexanderdelarge

The lusty argonian maids.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Probably has the highest population ingame next to the Furry Dominion, which is pretty good when it comes to finding groups to do dolmens, world bosses, and dungeons.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Xbox One goon checking in.

I've been trying to turn vampire for a week, but assholes guard the vampire spawns and kill them immediately unless you pay them money for a bite. Even if you do pay, it is likely a scam.

Is anyone on here offering a vampire bite? If so, please PM me, I'd be very grateful. If you can't PM, my gamer tag is BlackTony7.

Butthead fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 14, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I would bet EP has the largest straight up pop, it's just that most of us are PvEers while AD somehow attracted the PvP sperglord guilds.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
On lock picking... The pins shake/rock once slowly before beginning to shake fast. The sound also changes before the fast shaking starts. Pick a lot of locks, you probably get better. I think one of the thieving add-ons on the PC puts a big Stop sign over the pin. Personally I did not find this useful. The reverse in fact, but it might work for some people.

I am afraid to use the guild bank since my banking add-ons own me and I have no idea what they would do.

I am having a little trouble making a low level Sorc viable. I am sure this changes over time and it becomes more survivable, but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Can I get an invite to the EP guild on PC?

@Angry_Greek

• Locked thread