Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pirate Jet posted:

Nothing changes about Hush's except for one line Bruce says to Lucius, though.

That seems like probably a pretty important oversight! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
Bear in mind Hush has been hanging out in the Wayne Tower parking lot all evening, I guess there's no radio reception down there.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Crashbee posted:

Bear in mind Hush has been hanging out in the Wayne Tower parking lot all evening, I guess there's no radio reception down there.

If that was the same parking lot I had a huge tank battle in he probably has burst ear drums and a severe concussion at best, at worst he is a red smear on the rubble.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How do I get out of the room with the gas within the 30 second time limit?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

oldpainless posted:

How do I get out of the room with the gas within the 30 second time limit?

There's a loving hole on the big wall that closed your route of escape. I didn't see it the first time either.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fargin Icehole posted:

There's a loving hole on the big wall that closed your route of escape. I didn't see it the first time either.

Jesus Christ. I've died like 10 times.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

oldpainless posted:

Jesus Christ. I've died like 10 times.

That part was pretty dumb. The devs/designers must have been like, "hope you saw it!"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
That's the thing too, I think it just didn't trigger, because the second time i tried the fight, there was a waypoint that showed up pointing the way.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Mogomra posted:

That part was pretty dumb. The devs/designers must have been like, "hope you saw it!"

...doesn't it drag your camera in the direction of the hole that's opening? :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

ImpAtom posted:

That's... really really dumb.

CJacobs posted:

That seems like probably a pretty important oversight! :v:

Doing otherwise would have required doing a lot more scripting work. Hush gets transported to a vault inside the Wayne tower, to protect Batman's identity. They would have had to implement a separate car ride etc. for after the revelation. The conversation change is meant to distract the audience from that issue.

Do folks all think that Ivy___ is really dead? I'm not too sure, myself. I also think there's more to the Miagani material, especially given some of the peculiar art assets and other throwaway lines.

Fargin Icehole posted:

That's the thing too, I think it just didn't trigger, because the second time i tried the fight, there was a waypoint that showed up pointing the way.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything- the game is loaded (and I do mean loaded with conditionals intended to make things easier for people who die to different things. It's like the reverse of the adaptable predator room enemies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Doing otherwise would have required doing a lot more scripting work. Hush gets transported to a vault inside the Wayne tower, to protect Batman's identity. They would have had to implement a separate car ride etc. for after the revelation. The conversation change is meant to distract the audience from that issue.

That doesn't make it less dumb. I mean it's already a really badly designed sidequest but the fact that it's so short and limited means they should have at least had two scripts for it.

Discendo Vox posted:

Do folks all think that Ivy___ is really dead? I'm not too sure, myself. I also think there's more to the Miagani material, especially given some of the peculiar art assets and other throwaway lines.

Yeah, she's dead but she could come back to life easily enough. She's clearly supposed to be dead in the context of the game but if a sequel brings her back nobody will blink. BTAS even had her clone herself before.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

If it did, I still didn't see it the first time. :shrug:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Discendo Vox posted:

You find a small flower growing where she died (wrapped in her shirt). It's the solution to a Riddle.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Discendo Vox posted:

She's not, in the comics if she dies she can just like recreate a clone of herself out of plants like the dad in that one Goosebumps book iirc.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
^^^^^ I want R. L. Stine to be a Batman villain.

ImpAtom posted:

That doesn't make it less dumb. I mean it's already a really badly designed sidequest but the fact that it's so short and limited means they should have at least had two scripts for it.

They do- the conversations are completely different. The problem isn't getting more lines, it's doing all the work of explaining what's going on with the Identity Thief to everyone back at the GCPD- including all the villains who suddenly have Bruce Wayne in a cell with them after having just been told that Batman was Bruce Wayne.

I agree the sidequest is pretty abortive, though the initial "entering the office" part is really nice. I suspect these information control and conditional problems are part of why it was so limited- I also think, realistically, there's not much you can do with the Elliot character in this sort of game unless you want to somehow emphasize the surgeon thing and have him doing stuff akin to Pyg.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

DaveSauce posted:

I got this game for free when I upgraded my computer. Do I need to play the other games or can I jump in to this? I'm asking in regards to both plot and gameplay.

The plot follows straight on from City, so you should play it at the very least, and the combat absolutely expects you to be quite proficient in the other games from early on. I died a hell of a lot on normal, and that's after never dying in the later parts of Shadow of Mordor.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oblivion4568238 posted:

The plot follows straight on from City, so you should play it at the very least, and the combat absolutely expects you to be quite proficient in the other games from early on. I died a hell of a lot on normal, and that's after never dying in the later parts of Shadow of Mordor.

To be fair your power level in Shadow of Mordor is several times higher than it is in Batman.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I kind of wish that somewhere down the line the Joker would have got a redesign.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So I've playing the game for a while and wow, you guys weren't kidding about the Arkham Knight.

I'm a HUGE Jason Todd fan and even I found him like a whiny bitch.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

JackDarko posted:

I kind of wish that somewhere down the line the Joker would have got a redesign.

It's like they modeled him off of Waluigi.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Ometeotl posted:

It's like they modeled him off of Waluigi.

Now that you've made that mental connection for me I'm ok with how he looks. Never mind.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Discendo Vox posted:

I think so, unless / until we find out otherwise. The series has been relatively good about people staying dead, so I don't know why they'd make an exception in this case.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Whether or not anyone comes back basically depends on how many games the series eventually has.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Pretty sure it also leaves you on a gargoyle that has direct LOS to the opening if you take the goons out before the Knight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chasiubao posted:

Pretty sure it also leaves you on a gargoyle that has direct LOS to the opening if you take the goons out before the Knight.

It did for me at least.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
A dumb thing that just happened-there's that one Riddler trophy that slides a spiked wall at you right after you grab it. After getting away, I just walked back down the corridor to just to see what it looked like sitting there, and I just grazed the back side of the spike wall (which is flat) and died instantly. Curiosity killed the bat!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I liked how the Joker looked healthier and healthier as the game progresses, losing all the gross Titan scarring and splotches to the point he is immaculate during the game's climax.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

I liked how the Joker looked healthier and healthier as the game progresses, losing all the gross Titan scarring and splotches to the point he is immaculate during the game's climax.

Yeah I noticed that too. Makes him slowly gaining control over Batman's body by having his own body heal over time.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

LOL at people bragging about never dying in the latter parts of Shadow of Mordor - when you have mega health and crazy stats and skills.

Like every godforsaken unbalanced shitpile released in the last five years the difficulty curve is way out of whack. The most difficult part of a game should not be the first hour.

ETA: I'm talkin bout Shadow of Mordor. Arkham Knight is pretty drat well balanced outside of cloudburst shenanigans.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 13, 2015

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Narcissus1916 posted:

The most difficult part of a game should not be the first hour.

Baldur's Gate. :colbert:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

LOL at people bragging about never dying in the latter parts of Shadow of Mordor - when you have mega health and crazy stats and skills.

Like every godforsaken unbalanced shitpile released in the last five years the difficulty curve is way out of whack. The most difficult part of a game should not be the first hour.

ETA: I'm talkin bout Shadow of Mordor. Arkham Knight is pretty drat well balanced outside of cloudburst shenanigans.

uhhhh there's a reason for it being hard in the first hour. it's so you die enough for the game to start building up the Nemesis system early on

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I just checked my steam timer for AK and I've somehow put 29 hours into it so far. I'm locked into Panessa Studios right now. I have spent tons of time doing collectibles and saving firemen and poo poo, but I didn't realize I'd put so much time into the game. It's definitely good but I still feel the dual play mechanic is wasted being tucked away into set pieces.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Narcissus1916 posted:

It's really, really obvious that Shadow of Mordor had a short development time, the fact that the game is actually good is a testament to how awesome a job the developers did.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

redbackground posted:

A dumb thing that just happened-there's that one Riddler trophy that slides a spiked wall at you right after you grab it. After getting away, I just walked back down the corridor to just to see what it looked like sitting there, and I just grazed the back side of the spike wall (which is flat) and died instantly. Curiosity killed the bat!

I also did this, don't feel too bad.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Narcissus1916 posted:

You only make SoM uber-easy by fully upgrading, and even then it becomes less about being a ghostly god of war, and more about setting up Stupid Orc Tricks and loving with the nemesis system. I think the main feature lacking there was an ability to respec and deliberately leave upgrades like weapon rules or teleport kills out.

As far as AK goes, I had it spoiled and probably won't get it until it is GOTY. I don't have the consoles and I would need a better graphics card even if the pc port wasn't bugged to hell.

One question: is there any parts of "Arkham City" in the game? Did they tear down the walls, or just make it an inaccessible background area? Did they tear down Wonder Tower?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Literally Kermit posted:

One question: is there any parts of "Arkham City" in the game? Did they tear down the walls, or just make it an inaccessible background area? Did they tear down Wonder Tower?

People were saying that you could visit Crime Alley, but as far as I can tell, it's just there on the horizon out of reach. Like the Arkham Asylum in City.

I might be missing something though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Literally Kermit posted:

Nah Knight is set in Gotham city proper, Arkham City was implied to be the old parts of the town and the docks. You can look over and see the remains of wonder tower in the distance.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Literally Kermit posted:

Arkham City is visible in the distance. Wonder Tower is an answer to a riddle.

This might sound like a stupid question, but do enemies do a tonnnn more damage in new game+? I had been having a fairly easy time until the last Two Face robbery and guys are downing me in 2-3 shots with my fully upgraded health :stare:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

thebardyspoon posted:

Nah Knight is set in Gotham city proper, Arkham City was implied to be the old parts of the town and the docks. You can look over and see the remains of wonder tower in the distance.

It still isn't in Gotham proper, it's on a closer set of islands to the Gotham mainland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gotham might as well be a whole state at this point

• Locked thread