Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I always like tournament arcs because they're an easy way to introduce tons of cool dudes with cool powers :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Saitama is the reason there's a hero association, right? Am I super slow in realizing that?

In Chapter 2, he gives up job hunting and saves chin kid. Then in Chapter 15, we learn that three years prior to the current timeline, Chinner's grandchild was saved by a passerby, causing him to found the Hero Association. Shame he doesn't have any idea.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Tournament arcs are only bad when they aren't embraced fully. It's going to be hilarious to see Saitama chump everyone, though I assume he'll tank a few hits first to learn a bit about "technique".

Saitama actively doesn't want to b e stronger, though. If he takes hits, it's purely charity towards his opponents.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rivensteel posted:

Saitama is the reason there's a hero association, right? Am I super slow in realizing that?

In Chapter 2, he gives up job hunting and saves chin kid. Then in Chapter 15, we learn that three years prior to the current timeline, Chinner's grandchild was saved by a passerby, causing him to found the Hero Association. Shame he doesn't have any idea.

You are hilariously slow in realizing that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I need pictures

Pictures of Fubuki

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheKingofSprings posted:

I need pictures

Pictures of Fubuki

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

fubukibutt

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Saitama actively doesn't want to b e stronger, though. If he takes hits, it's purely charity towards his opponents.

That's literally the reason he wants to do the tournament, though? Unless I'm misrecalling things, he flatly told Genos he wanted to do it so he could get a feel for martial arts techniques.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think by "get a feel for martial arts techniques," he means "let's see if any of these guys can give me an actual challenge for once." He doesn't want to get stronger, he just wants to be challenged.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also I think the tournament is paying 5 million yen or whatever money they use.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Sooo I read this right to left and now all I can picture is a sexy anime Yoda with incredible assets.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://bato.to/read/_/331833/onepunch-man_ch51_by_nerieru-scans Aaaaand translated. Poor Metal Bat.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i want a shirt with the mouse sushi logo on it

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
I love how the hero association hq gets more elaborate and insane every time it's depicted

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Uh yeah, beat a monster. No, I gotta find the boss. Sorry.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Thunderbro posted:

I love how the hero association hq gets more elaborate and insane every time it's depicted

Remember how they gave no shits about Garou when he was beating up heroes, even an S class one. But once he beat up one of them, they were like "Oh this guy could be a problem and we may not be safe, lets raise the alert and have S class heroes be our bodyguards."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

People being egotistical shitheads unaware of the real world is sort of a thing in ONEs works.
See MP100 where that is a central theme.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

People being egotistical shitheads unaware of the real world is sort of a thing in ONEs works.
See MP100 where that is a central theme.

MP100 has been really loving good as of late and all of you should read it

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm impressed by Garou's non-euclidean post-it wall.

Or maybe he has Watchdog listed twice 'cause he's that much of a threat.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

HenryEx posted:

He didn't have any pictures of Watchdog man to begin with. Those pictures just started showing up. It's almost as if the eyes are watching him.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

HenryEx posted:

Now that someone pointed this out, Murata is going to redraw this page for the next four weeks and it'll get even more elaborate and detailed with each pass.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

HenryEx posted:

Forward it to Murata so we can have the complete burndown redraw next week.

E:fb like Genos

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Tank Top Master and Tatsumaki weren't that close before either. He must've moved them around in between panels.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

HenryEx posted:

It's even worse than that, you can easily make out King and Tatsumaki in the zoomed out wall too, and they're both to the south-east of Watchdog Man. Almost in a straight line, even, with lots of space between each of 'em.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Eej posted:

Now that someone pointed this out, Murata is going to redraw this page for the next four weeks and it'll get even more elaborate and detailed with each pass.

As much as I don't want to see Onepunch production slowed, Murata being dedicated enough to redo whole pages in this manner would be pretty great. I would personally get a kick out of him "fixing it" by including a bubble on the bottom of the bottom right panel that has Garou saying "I'll reorganize it a bit" or something like that.

Shugojin posted:

And what happens if he gets a hair transplant from Samson?

Saitama gets stronger when he's bald, Samson gets stronger with hair. It becomes an infinite strength recursion loop as the two strength power-ups ping back and forth between each other. Saitama instantly becomes so strong that by lifting his foot to take a step he launches himself into the atmosphere, and when he lands the force is so great the planet is destroyed.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I'm going to go against the usual consensus here. I caught up with the ONE version of OPM from where Murata has gotten to and now I wish I hadn't. What happens in the story from this point is super awesome, but now I don't get to enjoy seeing it first time with Murata's amaaaaaaaaaaazing art. I might be the only one saying it, but my advice is be patient and just enjoy the Murata version as it comes.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
hmm nah gently caress that.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

sharktamer posted:

I'm going to go against the usual consensus here. I caught up with the ONE version of OPM from where Murata has gotten to and now I wish I hadn't. What happens in the story from this point is super awesome, but now I don't get to enjoy seeing it first time with Murata's amaaaaaaaaaaazing art. I might be the only one saying it, but my advice is be patient and just enjoy the Murata version as it comes.

I haven't bothered to read the ONE version at all, and don't ever intend to. I'm pretty okay with waiting for this version to come as it will, it's almost like any other manga I read where I just have to wait for the next bit to come out.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Cthulhuchan posted:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

NowonSA posted:

I would personally get a kick out of him "fixing it" by including a bubble on the bottom of the bottom right panel that has Garou saying "I'll reorganize it a bit" or something like that.

Far too lazy a fix for Murata.

He'll redo it as a two page spread with each portrait meticulously drawn so that it's as close to true to life as a manga character can get. On top of that he will add perfectly legible hand written notes to each photograph that details how Garou plans to fight them that will be 100% accurate in the coming chapters.

As a bonus a small book will be open in the bottom left hand corner of the spread and the pages visible will show that it is a book on how to use handwriting analysis to diagnose a person. This can be cross referenced to an actual book on handwriting analysis Murata will write that, if used to diagnose the handwriting he put on the photos, reveals how the Garou arc will end.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

sharktamer posted:

This man speaks with a wisdom of already having made the mistake.

But seriously, I don't plan on reading ahead precisely because of that. I want Murata to take me there.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cthulhuchan posted:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
If you read this comic for the art, wait for the Murata version. If you read it for all the other good stuff in it, read the ONE version.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Read ONE's version, get incredibly hype for some of the things that will happen in Murata's do over because of that.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
this is a man who knows.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Aurain posted:

Read ONE's version, get incredibly hype for some of the things that will happen in Murata's do over because of that.

Pretty much this, I was really looking forward to seeing the garou arc, but hey I'll take an out of nowhere martial arts tournament all the same.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Read ONE
Get hyped for Murata's version
And then get hyped for the anime.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aurain posted:

This is the proper way.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This man speaks with a wisdom of already having made the mistake.

But seriously, I don't plan on reading ahead precisely because of that. I want Murata to take me there.

Murata's version reads differently. If you want a practical example, check out the original version's character poll (or don't, it's got upcoming monsters) and then the new version's. Saitama tops both, as is proper, but slots two through four in the redraw went to the sexiest characters, while in the original they went to more interesting ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I think that you should read what you want and there is no right way except what brings you personally the most enjoyment