Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
almighty
Mar 9, 2011

rocket_Magnet posted:

The moment your account is unsubbed it will stop.

Actually no, your previously active training queue will continue running for three days after the moment your account subscription runs out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

No, he's a guy who's spent his entire life making space games that actually come out, but are unplayably terrible.

The guy has a point in not liking Star Citizen, but oh god he's annoying to listen to.

On another note I just bought my first basic carrier pilot, 2 months to capswarm ready then I'm one step closer to never logging in.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kuvo posted:

how'd you pull that off?

I don't even know, people just fall for my passive isk farm threads on the forums and I wake up to hundreds of millions and billions in my wallet at times.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

No, he's a guy who's spent his entire life making space games that actually come out, but are unplayably terrible.

That's not true -- some of that life is also spent assaulting vending machines.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

History in that someone managed to suck their own dick righ-- oh, never mind. It's been covered:

Eye of Widesauron posted:

If you sucked your own dick any more you'd turn inside out.

His "history making" article is an uncountable number of references to his own awful, zero fun, buggy games, coupled with the brilliant observation that "if a game developer is spending at a rate which will cause them to run out of money, the game is in trouble".

While there may still be people who believe that Star Citizen is going to fulfill all the promises made about it, there is no point talking to them. Those people have bought into the game in the same way others buy into a religion or political party, such that a well argued, entirely precise argument with impeccably researched facts will merely cause them to become defensive and dismissive of the source (such that they will never grapple with reality).

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Oh lord, we really need to have a Derek Smart vs Chris Roberts roundtable.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Foehammer007 posted:

can we shoot fcon yet

can I shoot first back :cop:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
It's so weird...I used to troll the poo poo out of Derek Smart back on usenet 15 years ago and now I'm cheering him on to destroy Star Citizen.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

smg77 posted:

It's so weird...I used to troll the poo poo out of Derek Smart back on usenet 15 years ago and now I'm cheering him on to destroy Star Citizen.

The enemy of your enemy?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zakrello posted:

can I shoot first back :cop:

Do you even know how?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Do you even know how?

The FC broadcasts a target and I hit F1 :shobon:

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Xolve posted:

Do you even know how?

decloak > F5 + F6 + F7 > F1 I suppose, unless FC said no?

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Hexel posted:

The FC broadcasts a target and I hit F1 :shobon:

Enemu
May 31, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

can we shoot fcon yet

I can :colbert:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

same

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Lucky bastards...

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Though to be fair, if I just shoot Karmafleet anyway then why shouldn't I shoot FCON anyway. Thank you for the tip, Dickdozer

Edit: I forgot the link, https://zkillboard.com/kill/47496624/

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tbh that was a mercy killing.

Enemu
May 31, 2014

It's really quite liberating

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Syndic Thrass posted:

Though to be fair, if I just shoot Karmafleet anyway then why shouldn't I shoot FCON anyway. Thank you for the tip, Dickdozer

Edit: I forgot the link, https://zkillboard.com/kill/47496624/

Nugs still plays?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

CashEnsign posted:

Nugs still plays?

As funny as that would be, no. This is a Catpiss Everdeen situation.

Look who posted the mail and the answer of who ended up with that particular prize will be revealed!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

As funny as that would be, no. This is a Catpiss Everdeen situation.

Look who posted the mail and the answer of who ended up with that particular prize will be revealed!

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

You stole my dreams from me syndic.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
gently caress that loving rear end in a top hat

Enemu
May 31, 2014

Syndic Thrass posted:

gently caress that loving rear end in a top hat

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Fine, I'll be that guy.

Who is this Nugs person, and what's his deal?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

scandoslav posted:

Fine, I'll be that guy.

Who is this Nugs person, and what's his deal?

TL;DR Someone that went gently caress goons and gave/sold his pilot to Syndic Thrass.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
loving nugs.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!
E: Brain fart.

Amberskin fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jul 13, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Just FYI, the other shoe dropped in the Star Citizen thread.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My favorite Nugs moments were the pictures from the Goonp where his girlfriend looked like she was being held hostage

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That's basically every girlfriend at a nerd meet.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

darth cookie posted:

That's basically every girlfriend at a nerd meet.

Except the fat ones.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

vyst posted:

Except the fat ones.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Flesh Forge posted:

This made me smile:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&pagenumber=761&perpage=40#post447626014

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I have no idea what the gently caress that is about and I don't care enough to investigate. I am however interested enough that I'd appreciate an executive summary of what all that :spergin: is over.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

This is awesome. I was looking for another trainwreck to watch while at work today since the John Smedley vs. lizard squad and the Daybreak ddos seems to have calmed down.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
those of us in lowtax's diaspora have a much simpler, freer life.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

darth cookie posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress that is about and I don't care enough to investigate. I am however interested enough that I'd appreciate an executive summary of what all that :spergin: is over.

Derek Smart is a lovely goon that makes lovely computer games and he wants to take down Chris Roberts for being an irl pyramid schemer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

vyst posted:

Derek Smart is a lovely goon that makes lovely computer games and he wants to take down Chris Roberts for being an irl pyramid schemer.

Oh.

:laffo:

• Locked thread