Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Dangerous Person posted:

New Bad Machinery case starts on the 27th.

I'm so excited! Bad Machinery (and the other comics about its cast like Space is the Place) is by far the best, funniest, and most human work Allison has ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Where are you people seeing this? Nothing on the website mentions a new Bad Machinery. Plus, wasn't Robert Cop confirmed to come after Space is the Place?

vvvv well, I'm happy for one.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 6, 2015

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Facebook.

Relevant bits:

quote:

No, I said the characters would be back, I just said I felt that it had to be under a new banner of some sort because they're getting older. But I think I have enough names for my various comics. No more titles.

quote:

Robert Cop is still on the slate but will be moved to its own special, discrete area of the website for a "soft launch".

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Best news ever! I'm still a bit over-whelmed at the sheer amount of content that gets released.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Roger Explosion posted:

See, now Douche-bag McSelfie-stick is being the type of slimy, manipulative antagonist type I like. You know. Instead of just a creep. Good work, McSelfie-stick.

Oh dear. The Tuan on the mantlepiece is being fired...

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Roger Explosion posted:

Best news ever! I'm still a bit over-whelmed at the sheer amount of content that gets released.

John Allison's ability to crank out high-quality work 7 days a week is pretty damned impressive.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jordan is The Worst.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I am really hoping for one more ludicrous twist before Space is No Longer the Place.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
There's still one more page for surprise tickets to America and/or space.

And we still don't know what Bishop's surprise for the Board was going to be, do we

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

karmicknight posted:

I am really hoping for one more ludicrous twist before Space is No Longer the Place.

Seems likely. Lottie just threw away an envelope unread, that's a narrative magnet for Twists.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

karmicknight posted:

actual aliens assault their train

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Holy poo poo that third panel :allears:

That has got to be the most perfect panel Allison has ever produced

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
The twist will be someone finding the letter and it's the actual invitations from Bishop.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Good save Linton. I think.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Oh Dan, no. No Dan no.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Man don't scare me like that

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I love a well placed art shift.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Holy poo poo.

John Allison is a genius.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Dan asking the reasonable questions

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Dan asking the reasonable questions

Except at the same time he knows EXACTLY what they're about to have to talk about.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dammit, please don't make Jordan be the one to bust the case wide open, he is The Worst Kid.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Do make it so he is kidnapped by greys and probed for all eternity. He isn't the worst kid, he's the biggest douchebag in the making I remember seeing in fiction in the last few years.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Dammit, please don't make Jordan be the one to bust the case wide open, he is The Worst Kid.

I dunno, I feel like this is a sign of Allison's laser guided karmic missile being launched.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Incoming karmic abduction as Jordan stumbles into Things Man Was Not Meant To Know

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Aliens: still on the table.

And of course Jordan has a friend named Mungo.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm definitely enjoying this whole turn of "Jordan accidentally saves the world through his superpowers of being terrible." Like, he only even got that ID card by being so off-putting that Dr George decided to leave in a hurry.

Of course it's kind of distressing in a karmic sense, but it's also hilarious.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I-- don't think he's saving the world. If anything he may be making things much, much worse.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm still assuming Ben Bishop intends to help aliens enslave the world via Tech Trendiness, because that theory was debunked then re-accused and then spun as a game and then revived and then turned out to be fake again, so of course if the story isn't over yet it still has to turn out to be true. Now Jordan's ruining that subtle strategy like he ruins everything.

So maybe now things are about to get a lot more overtly aggressive? I guess it's hard to say whether that's truly an improvement.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 16, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Well, that was a non-ending -- very scarygoround. Alien Ben Bishop may come back later at some point? Who knows. Jordan sure didn't get his comeuppance.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Saoshyant posted:

Well, that was a non-ending -- very scarygoround. Alien Ben Bishop may come back later at some point? Who knows. Jordan sure didn't get his comeuppance.
I think John Allison is planning to follow up on that.

John Allison posted:

That's the last part of Space Is The Place! Thank you for reading! If you want to go back and pick apart the conspiracy, the story starts here. Next week there are six comics bridging this tale and the new Bad Machinery case, which starts on July 27th.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Glad to see the thread title is to be relevant again. I'm even more glad that Allison is going to keep focusing on Tackleford; Robert Cop as a little side project is greatly preferable to it being the focus, even if the period of said focus would've ended up being a few months before shifting to [superheroine comic that I forget the name of already].

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 21, 2015

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Start of the new chapter is up! I didn't realize how much I had missed Mildred.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I hope she's featured in this story. The Case of the Fire Inside was my favorite Bad Machinery story, and that was mostly Mildred and Sonny.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Oh my, Jack is going to reap the whirlwind.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I dig that apparently Blossom is going to be the Big Bad of this arc. "Angry, bitter nerd" is such an underused villain template.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

I dig that apparently Blossom is going to be the Big Bad of this arc. "Angry, bitter nerd" is such an underused villain template.

One of the best things about SGR is that it's willing to negatively portray characters that other comics, naming no names, would try to make sympathetic or "quirky."

Fitting that Blossom would finally get her moment under the spotlight so soon after Jordan sleazed into our lives.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh my god. #destroyed

What the hell, Blossom.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
That is the rudest thing that has ever appeared on Bad Machinery, Bobbins, Scary-go-Round and/or any other works of the Allisonian canon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Saoshyant posted:

Oh my god. #destroyed

Literally, poor Knotty :ohdear: