Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Crotch Bat posted:

It is times like these where we all look to our betters on #FSUtwitter for clear, reasonable responses.

e: I unironically love the TN account. Go read all of it right now, it's amazing stuff.

So what would that guy call the video of him punching the woman in the face?

Also the story with the puppies is pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rad Valtar posted:

So what would that guy call the video of him punching the woman in the face?

"she started it"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is like that scene in Unforgiven when the dude was crying and saying stuff like "realized that was you that killed all them people back east and you that blew up that train and killed women and children" or something like that.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Ehud posted:

"she started it"

Bunch of people unironically believe that.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rad Valtar posted:

I skipped my father in laws 4th marriage. I told him I'd catch the next one.

Ugh, he's not one of those "I'd like you to meet the future Ex-Mrs. <name>" type guys, is he?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Probably Kansas '15. '14 SMU was godawful, but even the dregs of metroplex recruiting probably gives you more raw talent to work with than you've got in a depleted KU football team.

Plus SMU won a game. I'm not sure Kansas will be up to that this year.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Chieves posted:

I think they'll beat one of South Dakota State and Iowa State. Memphis in Lawrence could happen too I suppose since their defense returns only four starters. After that, unless Kingsbury really messes Texas Tech up bad or the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics get their way, another win isn't happening.

So yeah, 1-11 sounds about right.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 13, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Scarf posted:

Ugh, he's not one of those "I'd like you to meet the future Ex-Mrs. <name>" type guys, is he?

The ironic thing is he is the type that is conservative christian who believe in god, guns and country. My wife said she tried not to laugh when the pastor was talking about how marriage is an institution that is for life.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rad Valtar posted:

The ironic thing is he is the type that is conservative christian who believe in god, guns and country. My wife said she tried not to laugh when the pastor was talking about how marriage is an institution that is for life.

I went to the 2nd wedding for a good friend (had gotten married pretty young, didn't work out), and the minister began with "So here we are again, we've all been here before..."

Every single person in attendance was literally :stare:

He went on to talk about how we hear the same words being spoken at weddings but went on to talk about the deeper meaning of those words, but still. gently caress, dude... You KNEW it was a 2nd marriage.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So this is Southern Miss's new logo, thanks to the former losing its trademark for being too similar to Iowa's hawkeye

Now it looks too similar to Georgia Southern :colbert:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Chieves posted:

It would be very funny if Kansas ended up winning a single game...

and that game was against Baylor or TCU.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Morby posted:

Bunch of people unironically believe that.

Which would be gross even if she had but even that isn't true. Football fans.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Kansas will be ok after hiring that guy who pretty much has Tim Brewster's resume

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Groucho Marxist posted:

Kansas will be ok after hiring that guy who pretty much has Tim Brewster's resume

They will all play very hard, get good exercise, and make life long friendships and that is way more important than winning, bub.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

SEC Media Days starting in about 30. New commissioner followed by Auburn with Gus Malzahn, Jeremy Johnson, Jonathan Jones and Kris Frost. Then Florida and Vanderbilt later in the afternoon.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Korranus posted:

So this is Southern Miss's new logo, thanks to the former losing its trademark for being too similar to Iowa's hawkeye

Now it looks too similar to Georgia Southern :colbert:

This one looks more like the Hawkeye than the old one!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I was going to ask when Texas is going to change their logo again but I guess they're waiting on us to make a new one to copy.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

It's too bad we like this lady he's marrying a lot more than the first one he did (first wife was a gigantic cheating mooching thundercunt). Such is the price we pay for friendships, I'm still gonna be salty about it.

But I am always pleased to be reminded everyone else is dumb and crazy for wanting to get married during football season and not the other way around. WE ARE THE SANE PEOPLE IN A MAD WORLD.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jesus Greg Sankey is making dad jokes about his Twitter handle and quoting Bob Dylan this is death.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

This one looks more like the Hawkeye than the old one!

This one also does not really look like the Tiger Hawk at all, but yeah it's closer than the old one. I hope we sue them again. No other black and yellow birds allowed!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Jesus Greg Sankey is making dad jokes about his Twitter handle and quoting Bob Dylan this is death.

are you actually watching a media day why in the world would you do that?

Spoiler: Everyone is very excited about the season and looking forward to watching their young players develop there I just saved you however many hours that poo poo lasts

e: watch highlights of the Spurdawg interview but other than that no.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 13, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
i totally endorse watching sec media days for jim mcelwain and les miles

saban, I already know exactly what he's going to say.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

This one also does not really look like the Tiger Hawk at all, but yeah it's closer than the old one. I hope we sue them again. No other black and yellow birds allowed!

are you actually watching a media day why in the world would you do that?

Spoiler: Everyone is very excited about the season and looking forward to watching their young players develop there I just saved you however many hours that poo poo lasts

e: watch highlights of the Spurdawg interview but other than that no.

But the quarterback has been watching a ton of film and has become a real student of the game. I think this is the year he'll finally put it together.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

The Notorious ZSB posted:

It's too bad we like this lady he's marrying a lot more than the first one he did (first wife was a gigantic cheating mooching thundercunt). Such is the price we pay for friendships, I'm still gonna be salty about it.

But I am always pleased to be reminded everyone else is dumb and crazy for wanting to get married during football season and not the other way around. WE ARE THE SANE PEOPLE IN A MAD WORLD.

If you miss the Bristol game because of that guys second wedding(which I hope works out a poo poo load better than the first honestly but still.....)I may lose a little bit of respect for you man. But yes people who get married during football season are The Worst.

It looks like my brother is gonna get married this December hopefully after Championship Weekend. Let's be honest though as a Hokie fan I probably won't have a game to watch that weekend anyway. :(

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

hahaha

remember that the indoor facility was a condition of his taking the job

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Raccoon tans are no joke in Florida

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

owns

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
gently caress McElwain

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

gently caress McElwain

why

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Residual hate for CSU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love how Greg McElroy looks like a 40 year old man when he's in commentator mode.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

Residual hate for CSU

Random hatred is the best part of college sports - who hates Colorado State?

My random hate teams are UVA and Marshall.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Random hatred is the best part of college sports - who hates Colorado State?

He's mad cause Mac beat the SDSU one time I guess lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

He's mad cause Mac beat the SDSU one time I guess lol

Bro I still wish really bad things on Blaine Gabbert and Notre Dame because of SDSU games in 2010 and 2008 respectively

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

Bro I still wish really bad things on Blaine Gabbert and Notre Dame because of SDSU games in 2010 and 2008 respectively

If you're a SDSU fan you must hate a lot of people then.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

vyst posted:

If you're a SDSU fan you must hate a lot of people then.

Mostly Chuck Long

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Chuck Long owns a lot actually.

He should not be Iowa's offensive coordinator or head coach though stop that right now Iowa message boards I see you and it is not okay

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 13, 2015

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Holy poo poo. Chuck Long was mentioned as a possible candidate for VT's open OC position a few years back and the VT boards had a straight-up meltdown that it was even a possibility :v:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

They will all play very hard, get good exercise, and make life long friendships and that is way more important than winning, bub.

MarkRicht.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

MarkRicht.txt

Yeah, all those 8 to 12 win seasons must be heartbreaking. :colbert:

• Locked thread