Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Is there anything blatantly wrong with this ad? It hasn't been getting nearly as many replies as I'd like (basically two, one was from a very nice man in Nigeria and the other guy didn't actually have any money) and I'm new to this 'not scrapping a car out when you're done with it' thing. I've already knocked $500 off the asking price so it's in line with similar cars that have significantly more mileage.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2004-pontiac-vibe/1085136622?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tommychu posted:

Is there anything blatantly wrong with this ad? It hasn't been getting nearly as many replies as I'd like (basically two, one was from a very nice man in Nigeria and the other guy didn't actually have any money) and I'm new to this 'not scrapping a car out when you're done with it' thing. I've already knocked $500 off the asking price so it's in line with similar cars that have significantly more mileage.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2004-pontiac-vibe/1085136622?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Well, you asked:

I don't care which owner you are in the chain of this car's life. I would replace those two initial sentences with some feel-good pinterest bullshit about how the car has been your best friend during your life, you love it, you have been on tons of adventures and it is ready for [teenage girl]. People buy stories, so give them a ready-made framing that they can fill in the blanks for.

I don't understand what you are saying in the winter tire section, I'm reading anxiety in your wording. I would bump the "good working A/C" above that mention and only say that it is ready for winter with "good condition 15" snow tires."

Mention that the Pontiac Vibe is the same car as a Toyota Matrix, so it shows up on searches for Matrices and ropes in those customers who do not know this badge-engineering fact.

Photo-wise:
Polish your headlights if you're going to make them the first thing I see on the ad. Same deal with the wheels; move the curbed ones to the back and turn the wheels so that I see more wheel and less tire. The wheels are a focal point of your ad text so make them the first thing the ad reader sees.

Do the Asian Male Photo Squat and get low when you are taking the side shots. I shouldn't be able to tell what the roof looks like from the side photos, but it should look sweet and like a magazine shoot.

Take the plate off rather than blur it out, and move it around a few times so you don't have drips under the rear bumper that make people subconsciously think the car is leaking (even though it's just car wash water dripping off).

Clean your dead pedal. 303 the dashboard and make sure all the vents are set, look at how car brochures set their vents when they show a picture of the dashboard.

I'd also clean your rear glass better than the car-wash did and make sure to dry off the bumper with a microfiber and shoot the rear bumper in the sun instead of in shadow. Don't shoot into the sun.

What was the extent of the cosmetic damage in the minor collision? Some trim, a foglight maybe? I'd say what was replaced.

Take a picture of the rear seats so that people know you don't have kids. The hatch too, so they can see if you have the extremely expensive rear hatch rubber liner.

Either park straight in the spots or don't take shots in a parking lot at all.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 13, 2015

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
.50 Cent is filing for Chapter 11. Ironic.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Way late to the party buuuuuut I finally watched Fury Road. Holy poo poo it was amazing. :stare::fh:

WITNESS HIM!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

.50 Cent is filing for Chapter 11. Ironic.

What happened to all that Vitamin Water money?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mutha fukkin NUX.

Might be time to retire derpy droid dude.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Rhyno posted:

What happened to all that Vitamin Water money?

He did a tour of liquor stores in the area here to promote vodka a few weeks ago

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Mutha fukkin NUX.

Might be time to retire derpy droid dude.

Nux shall reign supreme over Valhalla, til Furiosa and her herald Max finally pass on and claim their thrones as the eternal rulers of that hallowed realm.

Doof warrior can come, too.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Enourmo posted:

Nux shall reign supreme over Valhalla, til Furiosa and her herald Max finally pass on and claim their thrones as the eternal rulers of that hallowed realm.

Doof warrior can come, too.

I dunno man, Nux can't just be a Valhalla bench warmer. :colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I dunno man, Nux can't just be a Valhalla bench warmer. :colbert:

I love Nux but is he really more worthy than the other two?

I mean I guess they could be a Trinity type thing. Mother, son, desert spirit.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I still haven't seen mad max.

:effort: got too much poo poo to fix to be spending an evening watching a movie.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

kastein posted:

I still haven't seen mad max.

:effort: got too much poo poo to fix to be spending an evening watching a movie.

I just saw it last week, same boat. Worth it. Find a really bad evening for doing something productive, and watch the best 2 hours Hollywood has put out in a long, long time.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I'm very seriously considering getting my motorcycle license. I have exactly zero experience with bikes, and mostly didn't care about them until I found out Supermotos were a thing and now I want one.

Look at how rad this loving thing is:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah kastein I realize you basically are mad max and have poo poo to do but it really is that good.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MustardFacial posted:

I'm very seriously considering getting my motorcycle license. I have exactly zero experience with bikes, and mostly didn't care about them until I found out Supermotos were a thing and now I want one.

Look at how rad this loving thing is:

I've always loved supermotos, they're batshit. I'd die within minutes on one but I still need this.

:awesome:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Waking up sick loving sucks. I'm going to swing by the hardware store and pick up the rest of the poo poo I need to install the lexan windows, and then I'm doing RTK and passing the gently caress out.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Tusen Takk posted:

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but that's a bobcat and bobcats have bobbed tails

I wasn't joking. It looks like it's missing a front leg.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Shoutout to Taxachusetts for taking $600 outta my check every week. :arghfist:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Super Aggro Crag posted:

As someone who's only ever worked minimum wage... :stonk:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Well to be fair my union takes out 10% so I am getting DPed hard.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You must be making some good loving money if your tax is 600/week.

I just got a record cheque for my last week at work; £1,109.50. Beats my previous £776 by a fair bit, well please. So close to my account being in the black again.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I love how my union hall has the same amount of people in office as Boston even though we have like 1/10 the amount of members. And we all pay their salary and loving new cars outta our weekly dues.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Enourmo posted:

As someone who's only ever worked minimum wage... :stonk:

That does sound a little crazy. I get about that taken out a month, also in MA.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I love how my union hall has the same amount of people in office as Boston even though we have like 1/10 the amount of members. And we all pay their salary and loving new cars outta our weekly dues.

For someone making $38/hr you sure complain about money a lot. Also, didn't you just buy a new car?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Enourmo posted:

Yeah kastein I realize you basically are mad max and have poo poo to do but it really is that good.

This. Kastein do realize this is the same weird situation as Motronic having never seen Parks and Rec.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Civic isn't dead! The alternator is dead! Totally fixable! Off to the junkyard!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
drat, my union dues are 0.6% of my (pretax) monthly earnings

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

goatse guy posted:

They said I can buy the Miata. :swoon:

Hell yes, congrats on the sweet car.

MustardFacial posted:

Supermoto's are rad as hell and the best bikes. Take the motorcycle safety foundation beginner course (should be offered locally) to get some hand on time and your license. I did it years ago, enjoyed the hell out of it even having a lot of dirt bike experience.

Getting sick or overdid it this weekend, yay.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What's that including, because I'm only getting dinged 162.75 every 2 weeks, at least by mass. The feds ream me out of course but that's to be expected.

If you're including UEI and/or some other poo poo, yeah that could happen. Especially since you work for companies that seem to think having their workers making bank for 6 months a year and sitting around on unemployment the other 6 months is a smart way to do business.

Adiabatic posted:

This. Kastein do realize this is the same weird situation as Motronic having never seen Parks and Rec.

I live in Massachusetts and commute through metro-west Boston. As You Am I noted, Mad Max type driving/crash scenes are boring as hell because we call that a Tuesday morning commute. :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ricco's 1099 or W-4 or whatever is messed up. I pay slightly more than he does for my bi-weekly paycheck, and NC's state income tax rate is higher.

So either you're including poo poo that isn't taxes (Fed, state, SS, Medicare), you're lying, or your deductions are completely hosed.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Your wages getting garnished for back taxes or something? Both CT and MA yank from my paycheck and it's nowhere near that kind of percentage.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
mass tax rate of 5.15% on a 79k salary is like 150 per paycheck

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

NitroSpazzz posted:

Supermoto's are rad as hell and the best bikes. Take the motorcycle safety foundation beginner course (should be offered locally) to get some hand on time and your license. I did it years ago, enjoyed the hell out of it even having a lot of dirt bike experience.

I'm going to take this course which is the closest thing to the MSF we have in Canada. It's mega loving expensive, but if they can teach me to ride a bike properly and safely without instantly killing myself, I consider the cost worth it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Phone posted:

So either you're including poo poo that isn't taxes (Fed, state, SS, Medicare), you're lying, or your deductions are completely hosed.

Or more than one of the above.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

goatse guy posted:

I owned a black 1995 with the popular options package from 2010 to 2012. This one is much nicer though. My last one was kind of a rusty turd.

Awesome, that plate is a riot.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Hey Phone, I have had you on Ignore for months and you still are still quoting my posts. It's creepy, sad, and annoying. Also, here is a screenshot so you can berate me for not breaking down the $600 I mentioned into specific categories. Guess it's more Fed than MA but that's what happens when you view PDF files at lunch on your phone. Needless to say it's still $600 so gently caress off and stop replying to my posts.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

[combusts internally]

Could someone get a screen of when the War Rig is on fire, before they drop the cattle guard and put the fire out with sand?

[combusts externally] would be the subtitle.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hey Phone, I have had you on Ignore for months and you still are still quoting my posts. It's creepy, sad, and annoying. Also, here is a screenshot so you can berate me for not breaking down the $600 I mentioned into specific categories. Guess it's more Fed than MA but that's what happens when you view PDF files at lunch on your phone. Needless to say it's still $600 so gently caress off and stop replying to my posts.

the only way you get to opt out of others replying to your post is to stop making bad posts. ignore lists only work one way

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If you've had him on ignore, then how do you know he's quoting you? Also, why do you care? You don't see the posts anyways, so what does it matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Figured it worked both ways. Because people are quoting him quoting me. Super annoying.

• Locked thread