Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Probably Marquez but there's no video of it. It was a practice session somewhere and there were no video cameras on that turn at the time. Just a few stills.

Also if I ever see a video of Guy Martin talking where I can understand more than half of it, I'm gonna be really disappointed. I hope fame and notoriety doesn't make him more intelligible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

M42 posted:

Sounds like Marquez's save.

I'm not sure if this is what I was thinking of, but it is close enough to make no difference to me. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6T-4whZjhQ

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
There's Colin Edwards saves too.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

There's Colin Edwards saves too.

That's the bunny!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjcR3KQgklQ

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

HotCanadianChick posted:

This little thing?

A real motorcyclist would run that off a sweet ramp and parachute into the Snake River...

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

I like the fact that I can hear this entire thing in my head in guy's voice. I heard a rumor he was gonna be a host of the recocked top gear, it's too bad that didn't happen.

The problem is that Guy's actually competent at both driving and spanner twirling so it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun as the original. I'd watch the poo poo out of a bike version of Top Gear with him, Shakey Byrne and 90s Suzy Perry before she went all prime-time though.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I love No Prisoners time :sotw: After watching hundreds and hundreds of people owning themselves in each and every possible way, it gets easier and easier to predict what is going to happen.

If they're riding on the left, odds are about 9/10 they're about to drop it on a roundabout for no discernible reason :britain:

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Renaissance Robot posted:

If they're riding on the left, odds are about 9/10 they're about to drop it on a roundabout for no discernible reason :britain:

Most of those inexplicable falls are probably from diesel spills.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

echomadman posted:

If the UK is anything like here, yes.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
So, uh, apparently motorcycle Hypermiling is a thing. These are people who love Ninja 250s (and why not, they're cool bikes) but uh, I think they're taking this "love" thing a little too far.

Half of me is thinking "good on them for having a hobby" and the other half is "Oh my god those poor Ninjas". :stonk:

You can look at them all here.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

So what do they do when they encounter a crosswind?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ripoff posted:

So, uh, apparently motorcycle Hypermiling is a thing. These are people who love Ninja 250s (and why not, they're cool bikes) but uh, I think they're taking this "love" thing a little too far.

Half of me is thinking "good on them for having a hobby" and the other half is "Oh my god those poor Ninjas". :stonk:

Craig Vetter of Windjammer fame is big into this stuff.

http://craigvetter.com/pages/470MPG/470MPG%20Main.html

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

That's awesome. Not like you can 'ruin' a first gen 250 anyway.

Seems to me first step would be FI for efficiency.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The yellow one actually has a prius headlight stuck on. Gotta be +5 efficiency.

You can't ruin a pregen 250 because they are perfect in every way. :colbert:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Ripoff posted:

Someone I know is throwing a kit onto their Zero this month. Will share pics.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hypermiling is so loving retarded.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Chris Knight posted:

I dunno. If it's done with a technical/engineer perspective I find it quite interesting. But doing poo poo like driving on the paint stripes because of less rolling resistance, that's dumb as hell.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
Jesus, no number of miles to the gallon is worth getting decapitated by your screen if you hit something.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Collateral Damage posted:

In one of the threads I was perusing through, the one guy admitted that a CHP officer pulled him over because he got caught in a crosswind and the bike was being pushed around the lane. He claims the cop let him off after asking about bike because I guess it's not illegal in and of itself, but yeah, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that thing on a windy day.

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Jesus, no number of miles to the gallon is worth getting decapitated by your screen if you hit something.

That was my other thought. On the one hand, you're decapitated, but on the other, your severed head planting itself onto the hood of the person you wrecked into would cause probably psychologically damage them to the point they'll never turn left at a stoplight again. :haw:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

hm, I guess there is a way to look like a dork on a motorcycle

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Do you wanna hypermile or hypermale? Get an H2R and ride wheelies all day like a real man, losers.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Do you wanna hypermile or hypermale? Get an H2R and ride wheelies all day like a real man, losers.

That reduces the rolling resistance by half. A good tip.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

echomadman posted:

It's funny, I haven't seen many diesel spills in ages, though I remember seeing lots as a kid, then today it's pissing it down and the whole 5 miles to work there's a diesel spot every 10m or so.

Be inhumanly good at countersteering (and also strong in the force, so they can predict all the gusts).

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Chichevache posted:

My new favorite crash.

hah awesome

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

mootmoot

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 13, 2015

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

Chichevache posted:

I'm not sure if this is what I was thinking of, but it is close enough to make no difference to me. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6T-4whZjhQ

I think I see sunlight under that front wheel.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Ride in a straight line no matter what? :confused:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

rotaryfun posted:

hah awesome

Hahaha. That's great. You think you could add in the first part where he launches off?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
http://imgur.com/gallery/dDYc0Lk

:clint:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mods, please make this the back round of CA. Thank you.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Chichevache posted:

Hahaha. That's great. You think you could add in the first part where he launches off?

Tried to cut the size a bit but still just under 10 megs. Sorry everyone!

That dude is awesome.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

rotaryfun posted:

Tried to cut the size a bit but still just under 10 megs. Sorry everyone!

That dude is awesome.

Thanks man! I feel like this is worth having as a gif.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The double-take makes it.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZueHaDP4hU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Look at this smartypants punching the guy wearing a helmet.

Loved the look on his face when he gets pinned down on the ground.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Homie's fuckin trippin

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I can't wait to use this as a reaction jpg.

ahaahahaaaa

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 13, 2015

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The rider handled that well and stayed calm given the circumstance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yeah, no poo poo, I kept waiting for a fist coming into the frame and breaking his nose. I don't know if I could have kept from doing that. That guy (and his girl) both have some admirable self control.