Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
OF COURSE THERE ARE TITLE ISSUES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

14 INCH SLIT posted:

OF COURSE THERE ARE TITLE ISSUES

The issue being that it is a PT Cruiser?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Man, there have to be at least a dozen better joke cars to use than the PT cruiser :(

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Cut the roof off; junkyard turbo.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Astonishing Wang posted:

Man, there have to be at least a dozen better joke cars to use than the PT cruiser :(

Not for $250 running, however optimistic and fleeting that term may be. And the issue is its not exactly in his name yet but should be by next week.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Cut the roof off; junkyard turbo.

:perfect:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14 INCH SLIT posted:

And the issue is its not exactly in his name yet but should be by next week.

buyer's remorse strikes quickly with PT Cruisers

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

14 INCH SLIT posted:

:siren: LOWBALL ACCEPTED :siren:

Looking at that ad I hope it was something along the lines of "ill get it out of your deiveway for scrap prices".
It's a Chrysler and arguably the worst modern era Chrysler. And it's a basket case.
You truly are the masochist of AI.

E: Oh boy title issues too?
You know.. slamming your dick in a car door costs less.. I'm just saying.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 13, 2015

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

tater_salad posted:

Looking at that ad I hope it was something along the lines of "ill get it out of your deiveway for scrap prices".
It's a Chrysler and arguably the worst modern era Chrysler. And it's a basket case.

On the other hand, he got it for less money than my old roommate got scrapping one a couple years ago. What a hateful car.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

tater_salad posted:

E: Oh boy title issues too?
You know.. slamming your dick in a car door costs less.. I'm just saying.

The craigslist post from the seller said he was paying it off in July, he likely just has to get the title from the leinholder.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Right.. if that happens sometimes titles take awhile to appear. Or the guy "pays it off" sometime around never.

Edit: please let the electrical fuckary be from it being a buy here pay here car with a hosed up disabler / billing pc.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
4500 dollars two years ago...just now paying it off. Wondering what "Buy Here, Pay Here" nightmare he had to acquire it from.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Words I never thought I would say: "I can't loving wait to buy this PT Cruiser."

I fully intend to keep it alive as long as possible, no matter what tortured screams it makes from under the hood. I will revive it if possible, over and over, until it simply can't take any more and shuts off for the final time. I will make sure that as it dies alone, abused and unloved, it shall be by my hands that I take it from this world and into its next life.

Some will call me a monster for what is coming. But others will call me a hero. A hero for having the courage to do what must be done.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Does RockAuto sell a roll cage and spikes that fit the PT Cruiser? Is that why you're doing this?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Open headers sticking through the hood, knowing no state other than idle and full throttle using the brakes to modulate speed, I can't wait to see how this deserving soul will be tortured :unsmigghh:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bajaha posted:

Open headers sticking through the hood, knowing no state other than idle and full throttle using the brakes to modulate speed, I can't wait to see how this deserving soul will be tortured :unsmigghh:

I also support entirely binary throttle application.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
As long as the head's not warped and the timing belt hasn't jumped any teeth it shouldn't be that bad. Other than having to drive it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Panty Saluter posted:

As long as the head's not warped and the timing belt hasn't jumped any teeth it shouldn't be that bad. Other than having to drive it.

Some people catch and murder house pets. Some people set fires. Some people do unspeakable acts of horror upon their fellow man. Some people suggest fixing a PT cruiser.

See what I'm trying to say?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Doing this spares your loved ones finding the dried skins of children in your bathroom after your passing?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Panty Saluter posted:

Doing this spares your loved ones finding the dried skins of children in your bathroom after your passing?

Exactly, because you were smart enough to sew them into the seats of the PT before it went to the pick n pull. The one place no one will ever, ever find them.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Just be careful with it, it is a Limited Edition and could have collector's value down the road.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Exactly, because you were smart enough to sew them into the seats of the PT before it went to the pick n pull. The one place no one will ever, ever find them.

4 SALE: CUSTOM LEATHER INTERIOR PT CRUISER MUST SEE!!!!!!!!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

Just be careful with it, it is a Limited Edition and could have collector's value down the road.

It didn't say Limited Edition, it said Limited.

Truth in advertising.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It didn't say Limited Edition, it said Limited.

Truth in advertising.

Crap, you're right. Seemed like every PT Cruiser I saw had the stupid "Limited Edition" badging. This one, indeed, only has "Limited."

Run it into the ground and show it no mercy. It has no future.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

There is only one choice.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Words I never thought I would say: "I can't loving wait to buy this PT Cruiser."

I fully intend to keep it alive as long as possible, no matter what tortured screams it makes from under the hood. I will revive it if possible, over and over, until it simply can't take any more and shuts off for the final time. I will make sure that as it dies alone, abused and unloved, it shall be by my hands that I take it from this world and into its next life.

Some will call me a monster for what is coming. But others will call me a hero. A hero for having the courage to do what must be done.

:devil: :hf: :unsmigghh:

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

Does RockAuto sell a roll cage and spikes that fit the PT Cruiser? Is that why you're doing this?

You joke, but http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/948705K/10002/-1

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

That's impressive.

14", get one and just cut off and throw away everything above the floor mats. Nobody will know it's a PT Cruiser if that godawful body is deleted.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I'm calling it early -- 14 is going to buy it, fix it up, try to kill it, won't be able to and he'll end up loving it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Driving a 40 year old Civic was just prep work to make a PT Cruiser actually feel quick.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 351 days!
It's going to be full of spiders, isn't it

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

I'm calling it early -- 14 is going to buy it, fix it up, try to kill it, won't be able to and he'll end up loving it.

Bitch please, I got this

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Put an external scaffold cage on it, but properly done instead of with conduit/fence pipe like most people. Then plate the polygons on the outside of the skin, and fill the void with something.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

fill the void with something spiders.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I have no idea how but my former coworker had one that lasted until 220,000 miles.

EDIT: I just remembered I have another coworker that made it to a similar mileage. Possibly higher, there was some potential odometer rollback and being a flood car at some point.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

mariooncrack posted:

I have no idea how but my former coworker had one that lasted until 220,000 miles.

EDIT: I just remembered I have another coworker that made it to a similar mileage. Possibly higher, there was some potential odometer rollback and being a flood car at some point.

How can someone be so dumb as to buy a flood damaged PT Cruiser. You're making this up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When the PT debuted there was a massive demand. MASSIVE. Dealers were getting them in and marking them up several thousand bucks and they were still selling fast.

And now it's a car I could buy with the money I keep in a coffee can on top of my bookshelves.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Sudo Echo posted:

How can someone be so dumb as to buy a flood damaged PT Cruiser. You're making this up.

I wish I was. The flood part is only speculation. It was more just looking back at the issues they had with the car, when they bought it, and where it was from, somewhere in the south, where they pieces together the flood part.

If you ignore all of that, it still had 200k+ miles on it when they traded it in last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

All PT crusiers are flood damaged to some degree, and tears are salt water, so i can't imagine we'll see one in 30 years without rusted out floors.

• Locked thread