Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

It's pretty cool that the 20 whitest goons have been arguing for 10 pages about what black people actually need and want, what it's really like out there, and how their candidate is definitely better-equipped to deliver based on vanishingly thin distinctions and illusory campaign promises.

Now do the joke about mom's basement and cheetos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Instead of splitting the thread create a Leftist Purity Showdown thread in the crew forum and exile ideology fights there, and leave this thread for discussing the news.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Gregoriev posted:

I don't think Bernie's said this because it's obviously incredibly unlikely to get done in the current socioeconomic climate, but reversing the privatization of prisons on a federal level would definitely significantly affect the manifestation of systemic racism in America.

Public prisons are not really very good either. They are really drat terrible, in fact.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Recent poll averages continue to suggest that Trump's success is helping Jeb.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

DaveWoo posted:

Tweets of the Day:

not complete without his (son's) reply:

loving still! and I will make you eat your whore words, you white loving cum shitter

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 13, 2015

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Slate Action posted:

I'm going to imagine there were 4 previous Cruz's before this one reached perfection.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I'll be the first on this page to hail satan and may he usher in 1000 years of Trump.

The yoojest and most luxurious of hells awaits us all.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

idk what that says

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
except putas, i know what that means lol

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mandatory lesbian posted:

idk what that says

He's calling Trump a wimp and a homo, and saying he'll make him eat his words.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Slate Action posted:

It does, it distracts people from dumb poo poo Jeb! says on the trail, and also makes him look like a serious candidate. It also basically cuts out the oxygen for fire-bomb throwing candidates like Cruz.

Basically, Trump isn't a very serious candidate until he actually files with the FEC and actually reveals a real political team with actual proposals. No one cares about that though, and people like Jeb! are more than happy for Donald to soak up so much airspace until they can get properly rolling. By January, we'll be left with a fight between Scott Walker and Jeb! Rubio will bow out after getting his rear end kicked by them in NH and Iowa and will full-throatily endorse his former mentor Jeb!, angling for a VP slot.

Paul will stay in to the bitter end, because he's an ideologue.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I wanted to see this campaign destroy Trump but a Colombian necktie is not what I had in mind :stonk:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Courtesy of Google Translate and urbandictionary:

quote:

I will loving make you swallow your words, you loving blonde homosexual whore!

:stare:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I don't like lumping in Walker with the rest of the GOP clown car... That really does a disservice to what an evil piece of poo poo he is.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Obdicut posted:

Public prisons are not really very good either. They are really drat terrible, in fact.

Didn't mean to imply that, but there is at least one documented case of private prison companies collaborating with judges to meet incarceration quotes, albeit for kids rather than minorities. I would be surprised if the same wasn't occurring with minorities in other areas of the country.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

I don't like lumping in Walker with the rest of the GOP clown car... That really does a disservice to what an evil piece of poo poo he is.

Walker is easily the...let's say third most likely person to be the next president.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Fourth. I think Bernie would beat him.

Disagree, but I don't have anything strong to back that up.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 13, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Slate Action posted:

Walker is easily the...let's say third most likely person to be the next president.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

$100 billion says he won't be able to.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
So people are basically asking to split the thread because actual debate is "making GBS threads up" their anti-republican circle jerk utopia.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

$100 billion says he won't be able to.

At the point Bernie has toppled Hillary, I think he will have made it clear that money isn't a problem for him to win an election.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Gregoriev posted:

Didn't mean to imply that, but there is at least one documented case of private prison companies collaborating with judges to meet incarceration quotes, albeit for kids rather than minorities. I would be surprised if the same wasn't occurring with minorities in other areas of the country.

Okay. We could completely end all private prisons tomorrow and make only a tiny dent in our problems with overincarceration, and even with private profit off of the prison industry. Sorry if this seems nitpicky, but there's a common belief that our prison system started going to hell because of privatization; it's not the case. It's in a lovely situation because sentencing policies that we enacted for the drug war and have continued because politicians are afraid of being weak on crime. Thankfully, this appears to at least no longer be the case with Democrats, and surprisingly, even some Republicans.

Not Walker,though, that rear end in a top hat put up a ton of bills to expand sentences and deny parole. It's hard to pick, among all his dick moves, which is the dickest, but that one was definitely penile in the extreme.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

good man

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

problematic, as it impliues being homo is bad.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

TheDisreputableDog posted:

So people are basically asking to split the thread because actual debate is "making GBS threads up" their anti-republican circle jerk utopia.

I think calling what's been going on in here "actual debate" is (with a vanishingly few exceptions) far too kind.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Don't worry, it'll also make it easier for you to troll the democrat primary chat.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

At the point Bernie has toppled Hillary, I think he will have made it clear that money isn't a problem for him to win an election.

Yea, Bernie strength is anti-money, Hillary still has plenty of chances to shift. Republicans have a very clear stance on this issue, more Money for us gently caress You, anyone who veers from that won't make it through the primary.

Play the game we should be playing. Not the game billionaires want us to play.

Hail Satan

BlueBlazer fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 13, 2015

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

this_is_hard posted:

I never said she should have single handedly stopped Walmart from union busting, but...again, she was present at union-busting board meetings and said nothing, period. This also does not bode well for unions, and could imply that she doesn't consider labor rights to be a priority.

Your post is basically a giant strawman and is basically par for the course for the HRC stans itt.

I'm sure you read the minutes from every board meeting and were also privy to their conversations before and after. Glad we finally found someone that knows everything that happened those six years and we can now say with certainly that :shillary: doesn't care one bit about poor people. Maybe her efforts to push for more women in the management and stricter environmental policies were just smokescreens to distract from her union busting.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I'm saying that there would be an obscene amount of money thrown at Walker by the rich if he gets within striking distance to the white house.

Like I'm an upper middle class white boy with a trust fund and even I can't fathom how much money will be thrown at him.

poo poo, he's already the thrall of the Koch's and I could see them easily spend a $1b alone if he makes it to the finals.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Eschers Basement posted:

I'm throwing my voice in for splitting the thread.

2016 Democratic Presidential Primary: Splitting the finest hairs

2016 Republican Presidential Primary: Stocking up on bulk popcorn

Can we emptyquote in D&D? If so, this *1 million.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

It's because some people are way tired of scrolling past the pages-long Batman vs. Goku arguments in order to find the discussions about actual news, which at this stage mostly occur around the Republican candidates.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

KillHour posted:

My point was that there was nothing special about those solutions that isn't already covered by Bernie's normal rhetoric. All they serve to do is reduce income inequality, which you specifically said isn't enough to fix the problem. And you're right, just making sure black people have a job and don't lose them for bullshit reasons is not enough to fix the plight of racial discrimination in America. We are agreeing on that. My point is simply that (other than the voting thing, which I sincerely forgot about) the economic inequality is the only thing legislation can really address.

If you disagree, please cite examples so I may be enlightened.

Off the top of my head. Voting laws. Beefing up Housing regulation (i.e. spending more money on investigators to actually go around to different brokers undercover, this is worth a listen: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/512/house-rules). School funding for impoverished districts (break the frankly racist property tax based funding we have right now). Funding for mental health and indigent outreach connected to community centers and churches. Legislation aimed at race based policing. Crack being equivalent to cocaine (I think its 14 to 1) in sentencing. Programs aimed at targetting at risk youth and children (food, shelter, psychological aid). Gun control in big cities. Pay day scam artist targetting.

There's more but I'll stop there. And for the record, there are certain things, like pay day scams, that is beyond unhelpful to look at without considering the context of race. Sanders doesn't seem to be doing it, but his followers seem to be, and that's doing him a disservice, probably.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

fool_of_sound posted:

Instead of splitting the thread create a Leftist Purity Showdown thread in the crew forum and exile ideology fights there, and leave this thread for discussing the news.

Yes please.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
What the gently caress is an 'ideology fight' please stop being idiots.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm sure you read the minutes from every board meeting and were also privy to their conversations before and after. Glad we finally found someone that knows everything that happened those six years and we can now say with certainly that :shillary: doesn't care one bit about poor people. Maybe her efforts to push for more women in the management and stricter environmental policies were just smokescreens to distract from her union busting.

lmao no but the NY Times did

congrats on having one of the dumbest arguments ive seen recently, though. "have you heard every single word that ever came out of her mouth? How can you BE SURE, THEN?"

her efforts to push for more women in management and stricter environmental policies are swell, but they still don't have anything to do with the original topic at hand regarding the AFT endorsement: HRC and unions.

why is it that any time anyone criticizes HRC at all an entire brigade of ya'll spring up with "well have you heard of her other positions?!?! <insert strawman argument>"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://www.readyforwalker.com

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Not a single post about the number of the beast??

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Miltank posted:

What the gently caress is an 'ideology fight' please stop being idiots.

Purity of Essence.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Page 666, Hail. Lord Trump, who took over for Satan to class up the joint.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Page 666. :unsmigghh:

Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

silvergoose posted:

Not a single post about the number of the beast??

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'll be the first on this page to hail satan and may he usher in 1000 years of Trump.

The yoojest and most luxurious of hells awaits us all.

I tried.

• Locked thread