Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Why is The Architect talking to Abe Lincoln?

quote:

Because if American auto plants made small cars instead of bigger cars, there would be fewer jobs because...?

Or is the implication that bigger cars require more people to work on it?

Oh no I get it, Obama said something so it must be bad and wrong and I must disagree with it.

quote:

11 :what:

:mediocre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm pretty certain Lincoln would be extremely pissed off that it took South Carolina this long to take down the treasonous flag of the southern rebellion. Do these people not get that above all else Lincoln wanted to prevent secession? Using his likeness to say "no it's totally cool we keep that flag around" would be like using Winston Churchill to say "nah nazi flags are totally sweet".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

inkblot posted:

I'm pretty certain Lincoln would be extremely pissed off that it took South Carolina this long to take down the treasonous flag of the southern rebellion. Do these people not get that above all else Lincoln wanted to prevent secession? Using his likeness to say "no it's totally cool we keep that flag around" would be like using Winston Churchill to say "nah nazi flags are totally sweet".

Lincoln didn't get to stick around for much of Reconstruction, so he probably assumed the flag would be removed without debate.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

1. Draw 10-minute caricature of public figure looking straight at camera, making sure to overemphasize a feature at random (say, front teeth?)
2. Think of the oldest joke you know. Like, super loving old. It should predate the Magna Carta if possible. Scrawl it on the pure white background.
3. Spend maybe two more minutes on layout. Those two panels aren't the same height, but eh who gives a poo poo
4. Add super-obnoxious arrow
5. Send to editor; await paycheck

Gorrell's five-year vacation continues.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
On the subject of Walker, the AFL-CIO made a statement today about his candidacy:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Squishy posted:

Confirmed: Bors is a DC fanboy. Remind me why we like this chucklehead again?

Because all sane goons love DC.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

inkblot posted:

They look at the "With malice toward none, with charity for all" bit of his inauguration speech and ignore the much longer "until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword," bit

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crowsbeak posted:

I guess the BSS general chat thread is full of crazy people? :ohdear:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

prefect posted:

yes

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Crowsbeak posted:

By that criterion, that is the empty set.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

prefect posted:

p much yeah

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I love the WWJD bracelet. Why of course, Biblical Jesus would most definitely cast the first stone and live by the sword! :allears:

Actually, these kind of people would probably find it so much easier as Jews or Muslims. Or even Stalinists. Just don't make appeals to Jesus loving Christ, god drat it.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 13, 2015

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Krinkle posted:

Is it time to eat my vegetables? Did I miss it? I've been sitting on a related but barely worth it image for a week.

There's not been many vegan comix, but I can throw a few brussel sprouts your way.

'Meat eaters are evil and know they're evil' -a carnist - a vegatarian.

. . .Oh yes, you have never ever let your opinions known. You've just shown us what happens. You certainly haven't ever told us that we're filthy meat eaters that only care how things taste. You've *never* implied that you want to hurt or even murder people who own cattle. And you've most certainly never drawn your opponents as hideous subhuman creatures with warts and loving yellow eyes.

:irony:

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 13, 2015

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Now change Lee to Stalin.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Fried Chicken posted:

They look at the "With malice toward none, with charity for all" bit of his inauguration speech and ignore the much longer "until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword," bit

quote:

Fondly do we hope, fervently do we pray, that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue until all the wealth piled by the bondsman's two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said "the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether."

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.
Seems like the latter part you mentioned is mostly about finishing the war itself, which hadn't yet been quite accomplished at the time that it was spoken.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Sherman! Theyre back"
"On it boss"

And then Sherman rode a burning flying eye wheel to drive out the CFA.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm absolutely loving Terry Wise's triumphant return to cartooning.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, this.

I'm sure Lincoln hangs out with Robert loving Lee in the afterlife.

I know this guy's an aging white hack and I shouldn't care, but this is so friggin tasteless, just, argh.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's Monday :smith:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rorus Raz posted:

I would have gone with Satan saying "Wii're waiting!"

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

loving judgemental carnists!! *scribbles highly visible armpit hair onto caricature of a woman I disagree with*

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shugojin posted:

:lol:

I feel kinda bad for laughing.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Shugojin posted:

Wii want to play works better. Throwback to the wii commercials.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Shugojin posted:

but Kelly knowing enough about the subject to make that pun would have undermined the joke

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LGD posted:

but Kelly knowing enough about the subject to make that pun would have undermined the joke

It already has multiple jokes Kelly wouldn't know to make :colbert:

(awesome edit though :golfclap:)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I tried multiple other jokes but the word balloon is only so big and forced the text to an ugly size.

Other jokes:

"Mama-Mia!"
"Ready Player One!"
"Go Directly...to Hell" (Korner Kelly was "Nintend'oh")

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

This reminds me, I swear I once saw a cartoon with MLK and Malcolm X looking down from a cloud and saying something along the lines of "Isn't it a shame Obama won only because he was black?" "Yeah, breaks my heart, King". Has anyone still got that?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Crowsbeak posted:

Superhero comics are for children and pedophiles.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

This reminds me, I swear I once saw a cartoon with MLK and Malcolm X looking down from a cloud and saying something along the lines of "Isn't it a shame Obama won only because he was black?" "Yeah, breaks my heart, King". Has anyone still got that?

Not that, but severe racist Glenn McCoy drew this:

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

D.N. Nation posted:

"So yeah, I'm an Obama supporter."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

D.N. Nation posted:

Is that supposed to be St. Peter? Dude is looking loving creepy these days.

Hitler B. Natural posted:

"So yeah, I'm an Obama supporter."

drat, beaten.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

So one person helps the environment by driving a small car, while other people help the environment by car-pooling. What's wrong?

Apparently the UAW, who he cares about sooooo much, only wants to make suv's. Poor management can't say a word otherwise, no matter how much theu want smaller cars.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

E-Tank posted:

There's not been many vegan comix, but I can throw a few brussel sprouts your way.

'Meat eaters are evil and know they're evil' -a carnist - a vegatarian.

. . .Oh yes, you have never ever let your opinions known. You've just shown us what happens. You certainly haven't ever told us that we're filthy meat eaters that only care how things taste. You've *never* implied that you want to hurt or even murder people who own cattle. And you've most certainly never drawn your opponents as hideous subhuman creatures with warts and loving yellow eyes.

:irony:
phew I found this letter in a documentary about prince phillip and was waiting to drop it.

If we kill animals they might die, but they will thank us for all the elbow room.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rorus Raz posted:

The subtle Earthbound reference proves ward has good taste in games.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Does it?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Unlike that trickster Jon Stewart, Rorus doesn't append the artist's signature to his fake ones. :ssh:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Unlike that trickster Jon Stewart, Rorus doesn't append the artist's signature to his fake ones. :ssh:

Oh what a fool I've been.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Rorus Raz posted:

I love any Kelly comic featuring gizmos

• Locked thread