Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also if I see someone do an ink strike in some turf, I just throw a sprinkler there and go somewhere else so I dont waste my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Splash Walls aren't really versatile, but I'd say they're as useful.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Someone on my team last night kept dropping disruptors which was pretty handy, but my favorite is probably seekers. It would be beacons if other people used them :(

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

dogsicle posted:

Splash Walls aren't really versatile, but I'd say they're as useful.

Splash Walls piss me off because they can shoot through them, but you can't. Finding a perch with a Squelcher + Splash Wall combo is better than regular sniping, I'd say.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Fooley posted:

Someone on my team last night kept dropping disruptors which was pretty handy, but my favorite is probably seekers. It would be beacons if other people used them :(
Love that thing, shutdowns a roller everytime and makes squids easy targets on tower control

Alabaster White posted:

Splash Walls piss me off because they can shoot through them, but you can't. Finding a perch with a Squelcher + Splash Wall combo is better than regular sniping, I'd say.
There a neat trick I learn a few days ago about splash walls. They take a few secs to active and its enough time to swim under and splat the user while their low on ink. Also if a squid is dumb enough to get in front of their on splash wall and you have splat bomb. Throw it at the splash wall because the blow up on impact.

Also I don't know what place these are but they look neat as hell.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Those are beta designs for Saltspray Rig and Arowana Mall. Saltspray used to have quite a bit of asymmetry to it, but I guess they decided that was bad for balance.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So no Saltspray Rig and Arowana Mall the sequel then.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Supercar Gautier posted:

Those are beta designs for Saltspray Rig and Arowana Mall. Saltspray used to have quite a bit of asymmetry to it, but I guess they decided that was bad for balance.

That looks better than Arowana Mall as it turned out, frankly.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well this decides it, Team Waterslide it is.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

2/10 had the highest points in every match. We need a :thatssplatoon: emote.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I got killed by a splash wall because I was tunnel visioning and chasing a guy down, didn't notice he'd thrown the wall 'til it was too late. Bad feels :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sade posted:

I got killed by a splash wall because I was tunnel visioning and chasing a guy down, didn't notice he'd thrown the wall 'til it was too late. Bad feels :(

I've rolled around corners into splash walls.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are splash walls lethal? I'd swear I've bounced off them.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Someone else's splash wall saved me from a Inkzooka shots today.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bruceski posted:

The one I ran into with a roller was. I had a carbon roller knick me and bounce off, there's a bit of randomness to the lethality of things I think.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jarogue posted:

Someone else's splash wall saved me from a Inkzooka shots today.

Sprinklers are good but they can't block supers, that's for sure. I wonder if they push Krakens back too?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Bruceski posted:

They do a direct 100 damage, so it's only an instant kill if you don't have any Defense Ups at all.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Sprinklers are good but they can't block supers, that's for sure. I wonder if they push Krakens back too?

It does, but hitting it with a Kraken causes the splash wall to run out faster.

Also Japan made some Real Splatoon weapons, (except the punk who just brought Nerf super soaker and called the Splatershot Pro)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=178&v=2rt1C4uyWUE

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I had a carbon roller knick me and bounce off, there's a bit of randomness to the lethality of things I think.

There's no randomness there, the carbon roller just doesn't do enough damage on collision to kill someone in one hit. Like the inkbrush, it trades damage for faster movement speed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The carbon roller can't kill people by running them over but flicking with it properly is still a one hit kill from the usual roller range. Basically you trade the ability to just troll over someone for increased speed, which would be worth it if it didn't have those awful burst bombs.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Burst bombs are actually not that bad, because they don't use a lot of ink when you throw them. Just go ham with a full tank of ink.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Yeah, the splat bombs just seem to be the loser all around. I haven't found a good use for them yet. How are they better than blast / suction?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They explode faster than suction bombs and also they roll real nice.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Drop a Splat Bomb while retreating behind an obstacle, you can usually get kills on aggressive enemies.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Internet Kraken posted:

The carbon roller can't kill people by running them over but flicking with it properly is still a one hit kill from the usual roller range. Basically you trade the ability to just troll over someone for increased speed, which would be worth it if it didn't have those awful burst bombs.

Bumping people twice with the carbon roller can be satisfying as gently caress though...

Tirux
Apr 28, 2010

The wolf is at your door.
Hey guys,

Did any of you had trouble getting the Splatfest award? I admit I didn't login for a couple of weeks after the Splatfest event, but I cannot believe I didn't have any Super Sea Snails.

Did I have to connect the next day of Splatfest to receive them?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tirux posted:

Hey guys,

Did any of you had trouble getting the Splatfest award? I admit I didn't login for a couple of weeks after the Splatfest event, but I cannot believe I didn't have any Super Sea Snails.

I know at least one other person posted about not getting their reward after waiting a while to log in. I got mine the next day, not sure what the time limit on the snails is.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tirux posted:

Hey guys,

Seems so. I missed out on mine too.:(

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Internet Kraken posted:

The real trick with the carbon roller is that if your rolling around and you run into someone you can press R without letting go of the fire button to Fling a splash bomb then immediately flick ink after it. It comes out just as fast as letting go then flicking, but it can kill from a longer range.

I think it works because the splash bomb animation cancels the animation fro raising your roller.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Splatbbbaaaaaalllll

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tirux posted:

Hey guys,

Yeah, me too. It also doesn't happen to everybody, there was a reddit thread I checked before I originally posted and some people were able to get them, some were not. A few people got in touch with Nintendo, but I'm just lazy enough that it didn't seem worth it to me so I don't know if anyone's had any luck that route.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

When I lose I can at least feel satisfied when my opponents are so unfresh with their lame gas masks and moto boots.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I figured out Tower Control at the Mall: never swim down the middle from your spawn point. Ever. There's no point. Swim up first.

Vorpal Cat posted:

The real trick with the carbon roller is that if your rolling around and you run into someone you can press R without letting go of the fire button to Fling a splash bomb then immediately flick ink after it. It comes out just as fast as letting go then flicking, but it can kill from a longer range.

I think it works because the splash bomb animation cancels the animation fro raising your roller.

Same with holding ZL, you can press ZR to quickly pop up, fire, then pop back down.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jarogue posted:

Splatbbbaaaaaalllll

Legit as hell.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I had a magical splat zone on saltspray a moment ago. Got hit in the inital rush and they claimed the zone. Figured this was gonna south but team respawns and we take it back with them all dead.
I do the smart thing and cover their ramps leading up to the zone and get ready behind that little wall below their drop right off their spawn. I then dance with that wall while they try to drop down on me and quad kill the lot of them. 5th kill drops right into my trap but then I see shots flying by me. Somehow I 180 and nail that guy and then the 2 other two that dropped off that same far drop for a second quad kill. I was straight up dancing like a proper ninja squad between all that ink flying.

Then a roller finally managed to land and flick me. But 3 seconds later our timer ran out and my team was all booya! They were perched ready to nail anyone who got by me but I didn't need em :black101:

This was all a+ ranked people too I don't know how I did it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

quote:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your situation.

We found that players are unable to claim Super Sea Snails earned from a Splatfest once the next Splatfest has been announced in-game. We are also unable to manually award Super Sea Snails to players that did not claim them in time.

While we are sorry we cannot help you obtain any Super Sea Snails from the last Splatfest, we wanted to let you know that there is another chance to earn Super Sea Snails when the second Splatfest, Roller Coasters vs. Water Slides, occurs on July 17. We also confirmed that players should have at least seven days from the end of this Splatfest to start Splatoon and claim any Super Sea Snails they earn.
Thank you,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Consumer Service

And this is after they asked for my NNID and Serial number, so yeah, make sure to claim your prizes promptly this time.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

And this is after they asked for my NNID and Serial number, so yeah, make sure to claim your prizes promptly this time.

Reading between the lines, it also reveals we get a Splatfest every other week.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I would say that the more likely conclusion is that they will just never have splatfests two weeks in a row. I'm guessing we only had a 2-week gap this time because of the delay of the first Splatfest.

Wouldn't be surprised if they patched this issue out in August.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
My assumption is they actually planned to have one ~ once a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Any new guns coming out for splatfest?

• Locked thread