Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Alright thanks guys, I'll check out Sun Vulcan and Maskman once I've caught up on Ninninger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynameishong
May 5, 2013
Is Ultra Seven just blocked in America, because when I try to watch it, it says it isn't available in my country.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
PSA: check out today's google doodle

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

There's fun little games you can play with it relating to Toku too

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mynameishong posted:

Is Ultra Seven just blocked in America, because when I try to watch it, it says it isn't available in my country.

Sadly I think it is. Licensing issues.

There might be a way to trick it into thinking you're in the American region, but I wouldn't be the one to ask about how.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Burkion posted:

Sadly I think it is. Licensing issues.

There might be a way to trick it into thinking you're in the American region, but I wouldn't be the one to ask about how.
Hola Unblocker, which I don't think is anymore illegal than just traveling to another country.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

don't use hola

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Rei_ posted:

don't use hola

It might be nice if you said why:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2928340/ultra-popular-hola-vpn-extension-sold-your-bandwidth-for-use-in-a-botnet-attack.html

Basically: They make you part of a botnet. Don't use Hola.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I donno if that explains why my network has been using up 30 gigs of data a day or not. Whoops, yeah. Is there a recommendation for a different VPN?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Flameingblack posted:

I donno if that explains why my network has been using up 30 gigs of data a day or not. Whoops, yeah. Is there a recommendation for a different VPN?

Privateinternet is pretty good so far.

mynameishong
May 5, 2013
This is all pretty good information for later, but I feel like I should clarify that I'm actually in the US. It works perfectly fine for my friend, who also lives here. It just keeps giving me the "this is not available in your country" statement. Anyone else have this problem?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
drat Drive delivered some awesome comeuppance this week. The guy who plays Niha is just fantastic, he totally made me want to ragepunch my monitor.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

V-Men posted:

drat Drive delivered some awesome comeuppance this week. The guy who plays Niha is just fantastic, he totally made me want to ragepunch my monitor.

Seriously, the man is like a living cartoon, I love how ridiculously over the top he is. Has that actor been in anything Toku-related before?

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Shout Factory is releasing Dairanger on DVD.

And they didn't announce it until someone asked about it during Q&A.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

V-Men posted:

Agreed, but I think my favorite part of the episode was Chase's awkward thumbs-up for the camera.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Dairanger! Woohoo!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FortMax posted:

Shout Factory is releasing Dairanger on DVD.

And they didn't announce it until someone asked about it during Q&A.

dang that's good news, hope this means we might eventually get pre-Zyu seasons as well

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Ultraman X is getting simulcasted by Crunchyroll, starting tomorrow. And that's the second english-language toku simulcast we get this year! :toot:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ignis posted:

Ultraman X is getting simulcasted by Crunchyroll, starting tomorrow. And that's the second english-language toku simulcast we get this year! :toot:

Second? What was the first?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Ultra Fight Victory, it's streaming on Tsuburaya's official youtube channel with english subtitles. The first episodes were a bit dodgy translation-wise, but later episodes read better imo

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Ignis posted:

Neat!

Shame I can't stay up that late to watch it, but neat!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So am I the only one a bit confused about this week's Ninninger? The whole episode is preaching a message of "Yes, Taka is one of the brute force strongest on the team...but he needs to work together with the rest to actually get things done"...and then he gets handed the powerup and the rest of the team gets to just stand by and watch him use it?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

jivjov posted:

So am I the only one a bit confused about this week's Ninninger? The whole episode is preaching a message of "Yes, Taka is one of the brute force strongest on the team...but he needs to work together with the rest to actually get things done"...and then he gets handed the powerup and the rest of the team gets to just stand by and watch him use it?

Considering the entire series has done this, it's hardly surprising at this point. It's friendship-based in the same way Fairy Tail is, the hero shouts FRIENDSHIP but in the end he's the only one that accomplishes things.

The sad thing is that we got quite a few good episodes, then we fell back to this. At least the rest got to do the chain thing, it was something at least. Better than the previous general's fall.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Considering the entire series has done this, it's hardly surprising at this point. It's friendship-based in the same way Fairy Tail is, the hero shouts FRIENDSHIP but in the end he's the only one that accomplishes things.

The sad thing is that we got quite a few good episodes, then we fell back to this. At least the rest got to do the chain thing, it was something at least. Better than the previous general's fall.
This wasn't a general, this was your typical "MOTW that needs a new toy or three to beat."

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Blaze Dragon posted:

Maybe it'll end up like Shinkenger or ToQger and the powerup can be passed around...

but yeah, its not like it was out of character for the series, I just thought it had gotten better by this point.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This wasn't a general, this was your typical "MOTW that needs a new toy or three to beat."

Oh, I know, I just said that because I forgot his name. I know Nue is not a general, he's just a super-Youkai. Who nonetheless got really destroyed to show off the new toys. At least said new toys come with a genuinely cool-looking form, unlike TQG's super lame chest armour.

jivjov posted:

Maybe it'll end up like Shinkenger or ToQger and the powerup can be passed around...

but yeah, its not like it was out of character for the series, I just thought it had gotten better by this point.

It got better for a while though, this is the first episode that truly felt 100% Takaharu-centric in a long while.

Also, about Chozetsu, scans have already shown Chozetsu Ao and Star, so it can be passed around and even used by the sixth.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I'm still kind of sad Someone seemed to have misread the scans about Ninjadad being Seventh/Purple Ranger. I feel like that was the ToQ Seventh by accident. But surely he still has some part to play, given all the stuff about him. Like some kind of armored Ranger form. Though the fact he wasn't even in the previous episode makes me uncertain.

Strong Style Liger
Mar 10, 2013
I'm about four episodes from finishing Kiva, and I may be in the minority, but I've enjoyed it. Unless it completely goes off the rails in the end, I think they pulled off a fairly fun and melodramatic story.

It has issues. I don't think Nago works for the most part and Kengo can't get off the screen fast enough when they use him. I wish more had been done with some of the characters like Shima and Megumi (and Jirou, Ramon and Riki). They may go a little too far with the fate idea, but I'm a big believer in the rule that you can use coincidence to raise the stakes against characters.

In the positives, Wataru has some nice progression throughout the series. The suit designs are great and I didn't feel the two episode structure was as big a burden to the story as some other series. Going back and forth from 1986 to 2008 was sort of an inspired way to keep things moving.

For full disclosure, I went through it fast. I watched a couple of episodes a day over the course of a few weeks. The Fangire plot and overall story doesn't kick in right away, so it is possible that watching on a week to week basis didn't do the show any favors.

I start W next.

Strong Style Liger fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 14, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Kiva is an incredible show weighed down with a bunch of really terrible bullshit. It's downright sad.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
There is a lot of beating up women in Sun Vulcan. All the non-monster villains so far are women.

Also the Chief is amazing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Kiva is fine. I enjoyed it a lot, but it suffers a bit from having an incoherent narrative with regards to Wataru and Taiga. It goes off the rails real bad, then gets back on the rails for the final like 2 episodes.

W, on the other hand, is a perfect cinnamon roll, too beautiful for this world.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Trailer for Shin * Kanpai Senshi After V, coming out in October this year.

Getting pumped up for more Yuseless antics :allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here's our first look at Kamen Rider Ghost:

http://i.imgur.com/ipd1xzO.jpg

Also, unlike the last 2 Rider shows it has been confirmed that Ghost will be making a cameo in Drive's summer movie.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 16, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Larryb posted:

It looks like it has a thicker version of OOO's sword and a blue version of the Decadriver.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Larryb posted:

Also, unlike the last 2 Rider shows it has been confirmed that Ghost will be making a cameo in Drive's summer movie.

This kinda owns

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kamen Rider Hoodie?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm pretty down with that costume if it's the real thing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

mikeycp posted:

I'm pretty down with that costume if it's the real thing.

Same. He looks gangster af. I hope he's like a Shinigami-type whose job is to round up escaped ghost kaijin and dump them back into the underworld.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

... Man.

I wonder if the reason the Hoodie is separate is because the form changes will involve different hoodies. Then they can sell them as actual clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Oh god, please PLEASE DON'T END UP LIKE WIZARD.

• Locked thread