Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pakman
Jun 27, 2011

GentleJudge posted:

It happens on PC. It happens sometimes when one loads from one continent to another, directly onto a sunderer without first spawning at the warpgate.

lmao if you actually spawn at warpgates when you switch continents and not 300 feet in the air out of bounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
My usual spawn spot is underneath the middle of Esamir. I don't know why I always end up there, but I just expect it now.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fans posted:

My usual spawn spot is underneath the middle of Esamir. I don't know why I always end up there, but I just expect it now.

Its really great when that happens and you have some fuckhead standing there with a one hit kill knife out swinging.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Any PS4 groups?

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

GentleJudge posted:

It happens on PC.

:thejoke:

Shame the PS4 version seems to be having even more trouble.

edit: So apparently DBG has implemented an :siren::pcgaming: auto-ban system :pcgaming::siren: that evidently only tracks performance in-game. The new meta is to make a new character, record yourself from character creation onward, and get banned for playing legitimately. Here's a guy getting banned in 11-and-a-half minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3D1jBDXPPA

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 13, 2015

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Is recursion working yet? I need my horn honks and giggily quotes to play :ohdear:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

novaSphere posted:

:thejoke:

Shame the PS4 version seems to be having even more trouble.

edit: So apparently DBG has implemented an :siren::pcgaming: auto-ban system :pcgaming::siren: that evidently only tracks performance in-game. The new meta is to make a new character, record yourself from character creation onward, and get banned for playing legitimately. Here's a guy getting banned in 11-and-a-half minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3D1jBDXPPA

neat

the sooner AC is removed from the game the better

I'd rather the top 1% get banned if it removed all warping maxes from the game

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Better yet, they've banned the main account linked to the one they got speed banned on and are now refusing to unban their main.

This may be why you don't intentionally try to get yourself banned yo.

Fans fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 13, 2015

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

fknlo posted:

Is recursion working yet? I need my horn honks and giggily quotes to play :ohdear:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RadarX/status/620644965035585536

"For those of you asking about the @planetside2 API, it should be working shortly."

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Fans posted:

Better yet, they've banned the main account linked to the one they got speed banned on and are now refusing to unban their main.

Ahah. If they weren't even cheating though that's kind of bullshit.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Turns out the GM's are fairly unsympathetic to "Oh no, I was trying to get banned"

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Play the game, don't game the system!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

This dude is really really butthurt that his MLG stats don't get him the fame and adoration he expected.

FXVKOR posted:

"Skilled players need not apply to this game, go elsewhere" - RadarX +Planetside 2 Community.

FXVKOR posted:

No one is testing the game or the system. These results occur from playing in a normal manner that many players play at. Stop sucking DBG cock, shitter.

FXVKOR posted:

This game is built completely out of appeasing bad players.

FXVKOR posted:

All the begging and pleading comes from shitters who could never even come close to triggering the new "omgursosuspicious" ban wave. The community has a catastrophic failure of a viewpoint on player improvement the likes of which I've never seen in an online game. This system being in place along with lol broadcasting the name of the "offender" as an appeasement tool so shitters can poo poo better at night.

(It's not just the last day of #SpeedrunGate either. His reddit account has apparently been used for months exclusively to call everybody shitters and whine that he don't get no respect.)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NihilCredo posted:

This dude is really really butthurt that his MLG stats don't get him the fame and adoration he expected.

(It's not just the last day of #SpeedrunGate either. His reddit account has apparently been used for months exclusively to call everybody shitters and whine that he don't get no respect.)

It will probably come as no surprise that FXVKOR is LexxingtonSteelLOL.

My favorite part has been watching players - legit good players - try their hardest to get banned and fail

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fans posted:

This is pretty loving retarded when the entire goddamn community watches them get banned because of your retarded anti cheat system.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arghy posted:

This is pretty loving retarded when the entire goddamn community watches them get banned because of your retarded anti cheat system.

The ones who got banned did it in rapid succession 6+ times in a row from the same IP. I don't know what they were expecting. Once to test it and report back is what playtesting it, doing it over and over and over and over is playing with fire

quote:

[–]Retired PS2 DesignerMalorn [score hidden] an hour ago
I don't think they care about the dolphins that are intentionally trying to get caught in the net.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
should they be unbanned?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Denzine posted:

should they be unbanned?

Probably, but if they do it'll be because of the mercy of Radar_X and his sway rather than anything else.

I can tell you personally that getting a ban repealed after getting autobanned even when there is no reason and the system generated no documentation is literally impossible if you just go through CS. If the higher ups don't pass a request along to whoever is in charge of CS post-buyout then I can tell you with 100% certainty that they are hosed and will never play this game without spoofing ever again

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

ughhhhhhhhhhh

they should just ban all of AC for being terrible people instead of auto-banning them for smurfing

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

NihilCredo posted:

So he is the typical retard that pokes a bear until it mauls him and eats his face then screams about how he did nothing wrong.

I for one am shocked that our Glorious IVI Overlords turned out to be raging idiots. Shocked.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

http://www.twitch.tv/tgc_n3rdshack252

PS4 streamer just unlocked the Cyclone and is in the process of falling in love

edit - scratch that, he just logged off :(

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Epic High Five posted:

edit - scratch that, he just logged off :(

Erection was persisting too long, had to seek a doctor.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I love how all the IVI spergs cry about the community hating the 'good' players, yes it has nothing to do with you being horrible excuses for human beings its your skill we hate!

If they can see the account chain and it links to someone whos been playing for loving years then they should really double check. This is a huge problem because i've gotten lucky and had the same performance they've gotten before and now i could be PL'ing or just playing and i'll get a loving ban that will take literally weeks to reverse just because i'm playing the game. Lib gunners could be loving banned, snipers could be banned--when tory got his crazy kill streaks they sent a GM not an automatic ban.

Don't give me poo poo about how the system works this is DBG nothing is beyond them.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
But you won't.

The only people getting banned are people being loving stupid by rolling completely new accounts and then trying to farm hard enough to get a ban. Nobody playing normally is going to do that.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fans posted:

But you won't.

The only people getting banned are people being loving stupid by rolling completely new accounts and then trying to farm hard enough to get a ban. Nobody playing normally is going to do that.

One dudes main account got banned from just playing the system does not work.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I think it's wrong and unfair to ban people for playing the game legitimately without using hacks.

I also think it's wrong and unfair to punch people in the face for no reason. Doesn't mean that seeing an absolute turdbag get randomly clocked in the street wouldn't give me a good chuckle.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Arghy posted:

One dudes main account got banned from just playing the system does not work.

The guy was SinistLordofMattherson, so I'm skeptical that his ban on his main account was for violating the Skill Limit and not just hacking.

So far he is the only person who is claiming to get an autoban on an established account and hasn't posted the session stats or video.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Fans posted:

Pretty sure that's Traseros, who makes new alts all the time because he likes playing from BR1. He's done that for at least the last year. How do you think we found out about the autoban? He was just playing normally and ate a ban.

Arghy posted:

I love how all the IVI spergs cry about the community hating the 'good' players, yes it has nothing to do with you being horrible excuses for human beings its your skill we hate!

We have a terminal case of "haven't played with pubbie outfits" here. The community actually pretty much does actively revile skill (and mostly doesn't care about them being lovely people irl) because they just want to ghost cap with platoons against a squad. Only reason you don't notice more players who are terrible people is because they're awful at the game so no one cares what they think.

Edit:

Xae posted:

The guy was SinistLordofMattherson, so I'm skeptical that his ban on his main account was for violating the Skill Limit and not just hacking.

So far he is the only person who is claiming to get an autoban on an established account and hasn't posted the session stats or video.

He's been banned a few times and then unbanned each time on his main account IIRC, except for this time. :soe:

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 13, 2015

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
qepd traseros

another south american brother lost in the struggle against el imperialismo gringo and its discriminatory systems

the ivi players stand with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_9FEx7ymg

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Westy543 posted:

Pretty sure that's Traseros, who makes new alts all the time because he likes playing from BR1. He's done that for at least the last year. How do you think we found out about the autoban? He was just playing normally and ate a ban.

No as I said it's the guy who posted the video of himself deliberately trying to get banned by the new system.

It seems one person has a legitimate problem due to their really weird play style and that's fair, I didn't know about them. But everyone else who was "Speedrunning" were just being idiots. We shall now gather around and laugh at the misfortune of idiots, as is our way.

Edit: Oh it seems Traseros was speed running too. They lifted the original unfair ban (So far so good) and they felt an appropriate response to this was to try get banned as many times as possible, eventually ending with them going "Okay, if you really want to be banned then you're banned for good now"

I mean. That is a stupid thing to do right? It's not just me?

Fans fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 14, 2015

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Most people don't know how to play the game and create their own way to play, GOKU/BAX are doing it right AOD just doesn't want to try so they create their own game to play. When you take a base with 40% pop or defend a base with 40% and you wonder how the gently caress its working its because the majority of that pop isn't playing the same game you are.

Its true PS2 can support every single play style but the problem is the only play style currently implemented is large scale team play. When/if they add battle islands and dedicated conts then you'll see every play style working but as it is all 4 conts are geared towards large coordinated groups.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I just think it's kind of odd they didn't go an extra step to check your HWID. "Oh hey there's another account on this HWID, the KPM checks out with the other account on it, let's not ban it." Just seems like Daybreak being lazy as gently caress. :soe:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Fans posted:

No as I said it's the guy who posted the video of himself deliberately trying to get banned by the new system.

It seems one person has a legitimate problem due to their really weird play style and that's fair, I didn't know about them. But everyone else who was "Speedrunning" were just being idiots. We shall now gather around and laugh at the misfortune of idiots, as is our way.

Edit: Oh it seems Traseros was speed running too. They lifted the original unfair ban (So far so good) and they felt an appropriate response to this was to try get banned as many times as possible, eventually ending with them going "Okay, if you really want to be banned then you're banned for good now"

I mean. That is a stupid thing to do right? It's not just me?

Should they be unbanned?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Denzine posted:

Should they be unbanned?

Traseros should, as that's legit his playstyle. Everybody else who spent the last few days TRYING to get banned? Yeah, but they should have to work for it

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Denzine posted:

Should they be unbanned?

Yes. But they're still an idiot for doing it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Denzine posted:

Should they be unbanned?

Nah

The game is better off without them tbh

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Westy543 posted:

He's been banned a few times and then unbanned each time on his main account IIRC, except for this time. :soe:

I think it would be totally :soe: if they had a system to ignore /reports against certain "Known Legit" accounts that ended up ignoring hits from their VAC-Clone.

Then they go to a new account which doesn't have the protection and trigger it.

If the turbo spergs really wanted to find the limit they would be on a locked continent with a bunch of BR1 and farm it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Denzine posted:

Should they be unbanned?

Nope, they were trying to get banned and they got exactly what they wanted.

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
i hope the system makes server smash impossible (the ss accounts are fresh accounts and players could get banned) so all the tryhard outfits and wannabe rts players cant have their 2 hours of bad laggy gameplay and quit the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

JuancitoEfectivo posted:

i hope the system makes server smash impossible (the ss accounts are fresh accounts and players could get banned) so all the tryhard outfits and wannabe rts players cant have their 2 hours of bad laggy gameplay and quit the game

I can't believe people trying to get banned got banned omg DBG what are you thinking

I love that if it's between "grand conspiracy to push MLG tier players from the game" and "maybe people don't give a poo poo about me or my stats" it's always the former.

edit - also lol if you think anybody can ever be denied bad, laggy gameplay in PS2

• Locked thread