Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

A Winner is Jew posted:

If it's Rand none. :patriot:

Unless they're black

And robbing a liquor store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

richardfun posted:

You make it sound so much more terrible than me :ohdear:

Real talk, nothing to me is scarier than a Walker presidency.

Literally nothing.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
AFL-CIO President released a statement on Scott Walker's candidacy announcement:

LINK

quote:

Scott Walker is a national disgrace.

:perfect:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

C2C - 2.0 posted:

AFL-CIO President released a statement on Scott Walker's candidacy announcement:

LINK

:perfect:

Well, it's pithy.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

richardfun posted:

Well, it's pithy.

And says all that really needs to be said!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

richardfun posted:

Well, it's pithy.

After his bouts with organized labor, I don't really think Walker is worthy of nuance.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

And says all that really needs to be said!

Is it me, or are progressive people and groups really turning up the snark this cycle? There's this statement and the DNC 'warmly' welcoming Trump to the race on Twitter.

I feel like I'm forgetting other examples.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

richardfun posted:

Is it me, or are progressive people and groups really turning up the snark this cycle? There's this statement and the DNC 'warmly' welcoming Trump to the race on Twitter.

I'd like to think that, if nothing else, they've learned from the Obama years that there's little to be gained from behaving respectfully and even-handedly toward a party which loudly and repeatedly calls anyone to the left of (their imaginary version of) St. Reagan America hating traitors who should all be deported and/or summarily executed.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

richardfun posted:

The man got married on Reagan's birthday and celebrates his anniversary with his wife by eating all of Saint Ronnie's favourite dishes.

He's a true believer.

He also writes Reagan fanfics about himself. Here is an example of his intersection of Reagan worship and pathological narcissism

There is seriously something wrong with the guy in a way that would be sad if he were not such a completely odious human being.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'd like to think that, if nothing else, they've learned from the Obama years that there's little to be gained from behaving respectfully and even-handedly toward a party which loudly and repeatedly calls anyone to the left of (their imaginary version of) St. Reagan America hating traitors who should all be deported and/or summarily executed.

And even if that isn't true, it sure is nice to daydream.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I appreciate them doing this. Giving legitimacy to such a ridiculous party with all the bipartisanship bullshit that used to get rolled out in every election was so galling.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

richardfun posted:

That isn't really snark. Scott Walker is despicable.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Have we solved racism yet? Good. Let's move on to more important matters: Scott Walker's definition of a sandwich.

So, Hot Pockets, despite being a pocket sandwich, are disqualified for being frozen. I'm not sure if this is leadership I can trust. :colbert:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

That isn't really snark. The entire clown car of assholes Scott Walker is are despicable.

ftfy

Like I'll at least say Romney wasn't completely a waste of a human being and while his policies were abhorrent he seemed like a nice enough person socially.

I can't even say that about anyone in the republican field this time around.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Sanders addressed the National Council of La Raza today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgAwpb8rukk

The core of his speech remained focused on his economic message, but he did speak at some length about immigration, racism, and other related issues.

I'm not interested in reigniting the fight that just happened in this thread, but this is a relevant development on that subject that I thought was worth noting.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Do republicans find the current clown car state of the GOP race entertaining?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

Have we solved racism yet? Good. Let's move on to more important matters: Scott Walker's definition of a sandwich.

So, Hot Pockets, despite being a pocket sandwich, are disqualified for being frozen. I'm not sure if this is leadership I can trust. :colbert:

Probably the first and last time he's supported any sort of "diversity."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Christie has dropped off the debate stage in the average of live-interview national polls taken since the Trump bump.

Note: Fox hasn't said exactly what their poll selection criteria will be.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lol "Post-Trump avg". Its gonna be real hard to bump the Trump

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It's hilarious that Kasich is so low. The guy is a popular governor from a crucial swing state but since he doesn't scream about immigrants or refuse federal funds to help poor people get healthcare he is polling below a surgeon who hates gays, a huckster selling quack medical cures, a reality television star, and the failed former CEO of HP.

I realize that name recognition trumps all (heh) but still.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

GalacticAcid posted:

It's hilarious that Kasich is so low. The guy is a popular governor from a crucial swing state but since he doesn't scream about immigrants or refuse federal funds to help poor people get healthcare he is polling below a surgeon who hates gays, a huckster selling quack medical cures, a reality television star, and the failed former CEO of HP.

Wasn't Kasich the one that fired a bunch of the elected officials in his state and put in hand-picked figureheads to run things?

-Edit

I guess I'm actually thinking of Rick Snyder in Michigan.

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 13, 2015

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

I was going to post this. The guy could actually be a serious contender for general but taking a few reasonable positions makes it unlikely he will ever be taken seriously.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Joementum posted:

Christie has dropped off the debate stage in the average of live-interview national polls taken since the Trump bump.

Note: Fox hasn't said exactly what their poll selection criteria will be.

how is carson still even there? just because he is "one of the good ones"?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Why haven't I heard anything about Fiorina lately? Did she give up or does no-one care enough to post about it?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

you see if he's the nominee he will magically win 20% of the black vote and steal back virginia and florida and ohio and michigan from the democrat party!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ENTER THE TERRORDOME

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

taqueso posted:

Why haven't I heard anything about Fiorina lately? Did she give up or does no-one care enough to post about it?

She was on This Week on ABC but had to spend her time talking about Trump lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

ENTER THE TERRORDOME

Are those confetti orbs hovering in the dome?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Supraluminal posted:

Sanders addressed the National Council of La Raza today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgAwpb8rukk

The core of his speech remained focused on his economic message, but he did speak at some length about immigration, racism, and other related issues.

I'm not interested in reigniting the fight that just happened in this thread, but this is a relevant development on that subject that I thought was worth noting.

What he said about immigration was spot on, great, unapologetic rhetoric, sticking up for undocumented aliens on a moral and economic ground at once. Overall, the speech was great. And he did say that racism is a big problem at the beginning, and I was really hoping he was going to connect it down the road to other stuff, but nope.

Really great stuff on immigration reform though, and his speech style is very compelling, even if the accent gives me flashbacks to bartending days.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Spun Dog posted:

Wasn't Kasich the one that fired a bunch of the elected officials in his state and put in hand-picked figureheads to run things?

-Edit

I guess I'm actually thinking of Rick Snyder in Michigan.

No Kasich is the one who sold off a bunch of state assets to his friends, but didn't Jan-Brewer it up and then lease those same assets back to the state when they realised they needed them.

Rundown of poo poo governors:

Walker: Destroyed unions, able to cling to some temporary gains to make it look like Wisconsin isn't destroyed (it is)

Kasich: Sold off state assets that would generate billions of dollars over the next 100 years to friends for a couple hundred million

LePage: hosed up Maine pretty badly but no one actually cares about Maine so it's a wash

Scott: Sold his medical industry to his wife, then passed a law that required every welfare recipient to pay his "wife"'s medical industry for drug tests

Jindal: Effectively gutted the University system, allowed creationism to flourish to the point where Universities ignore non-stellar applicants from Louisiana due to the time-cost of re-educating them in basic science

Snyder: Gave some of his friends cushy jobs as "emergency mayor guys" who have the power to override city governments in his bankrupt cities

Brownback: Personified the state of Kansas into a clay golem creature, then fed it a scroll that said "poo poo yourself forever"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He's had a PAC pushing him for a few years now, so there's a significant group of primary voters that like him and haven't moved on yet. His numbers, well all the numbers really, should re-align after the debates get rolling.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Don't leave out Mike Pence!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Joementum posted:

This sounds like he's saying that a hot dog is a sandwich and that is something I cannot abide.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

pathetic little tramp posted:

No Kasich is the one who sold off a bunch of state assets to his friends, but didn't Jan-Brewer it up and then lease those same assets back to the state when they realised they needed them.

Rundown of poo poo governors:

Walker: Destroyed unions, able to cling to some temporary gains to make it look like Wisconsin isn't destroyed (it is)

Kasich: Sold off state assets that would generate billions of dollars over the next 100 years to friends for a couple hundred million

LePage: hosed up Maine pretty badly but no one actually cares about Maine so it's a wash

Scott: Sold his medical industry to his wife, then passed a law that required every welfare recipient to pay his "wife"'s medical industry for drug tests

Jindal: Effectively gutted the University system, allowed creationism to flourish to the point where Universities ignore non-stellar applicants from Louisiana due to the time-cost of re-educating them in basic science

Snyder: Gave some of his friends cushy jobs as "emergency mayor guys" who have the power to override city governments in his bankrupt cities

Brownback: Personified the state of Kansas into a clay golem creature, then fed it a scroll that said "poo poo yourself forever"

Mary Fallin tho

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

As a Wisconsin resident, seeing anyone praise Walker for anything ever is depressing as hell.

I'm acquaintances with someone who's a family friend of Walker's through work and hearing him try to defend the dude is just exhausting.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
I only want to read about how bad the Republican party is loving up their primary too so count this as another vote for splitting up the thread into the dumb one and the entertaining one

I just had to scroll a lot

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bwahahah

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

DaveWoo posted:

Tweets of the Day:

I think Trump might actually be Johnny Gentle, Famous Crooner.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Looks like the lamestream media forgot about Patakimentum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

The X-man cometh posted:

Looks like the lamestream media forgot about Patakimentum!

Every time I see his name I think someone is using an ethnic slur.

• Locked thread