Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Daniel Bryan posted:

Legit question: did Democrats talk about how great FDR was in the 80s?

Not in the 80s but in the 70s definitely. It was exactly the same thing as Reagan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

rear end cobra posted:

Would Walker be the first bald spot president? Ford and Eisenhower don't count since they looked like grandpas.

One of the best websites ever:

http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/o_HAIR.html

Taft had a bald spot.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Only thing needed now is a synth-pop revival; someone call Dolby and tell him to power up the studio.
I don't see anything wrong with that.

BristolSOF
Jan 19, 2003

BristolSOF fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 14, 2015

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Obdicut posted:

Taft had a bald spot.

Lol

President: Richard Nixon

Hair Issue: 1960 debate

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Scott Walker's appearance, demeanor, and general existence makes me uncomfortable in a very similar way that musician Scott Walker's music makes me feel uncomfortable.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

rear end cobra posted:

Lol

President: Richard Nixon

Hair Issue: 1960 debate

Buttock boils:

quote:

In the third week of taking the waters at Warm Springs (1818) Jefferson developed boils on his buttocks. (The 50+ mile ride to the spa plus possibly unsanitary conditions there may have predisposed to the illness.) As may be imagined, his homeward return ride was a trial. Once home, for several weeks he conducted his correspondence lying down. He did not ride a horse for several months. "Jefferson always believed that this experience had greatly injured his health" .

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Obdicut posted:

Taft had a bald spot.

Wait, are they saying it was a medical issue that Martin Van Buren was short, or that his hair was short?

In either situation... is that actually a medical issue?

edit: Oh my god thank you for this site

quote:

Almost every night, Taft's military aide, Major Archibald Butt, would write a letter to his sister-in-law. Published after the death of Taft, these unique and honest letters provide a window into even the smallest parts of a President's life. Poor Butt, who died on the Titanic, spares not even himself when he relates how he slammed a car door on the President's hand and, on another occasion, drove a golf ball into the President's thigh

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

C2C - 2.0 posted:

:lol: He just said he's going to take money out of Washington & send it back to the states. So now it's okay to accept federal funds.

Walker you loving motheRFUCKER you pissed away HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

THEN you come out with THIS poo poo

GODDAMN IT TO FUC K!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They are trying

http://www.cleveland.com/rnc-2016/index.ssf/2015/07/republican_national_committee.html

quote:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Republican National Committee is expected later today to launch a four-week Ohio campaign that will focus on outreach to and mobilization of black voters in advance of the November 2016 presidential election.

The campaign, called "#CommittedToCommunity: Engage, Empower, Uplift," includes a partnership with Radio One/TV One, which caters to a black and urban audience. It will begin today with faith-based outreach in Columbus and will end Aug. 6, the date of the first GOP presidential primary debate

What does Orlando Watson (RNC Black Media Communications Director) say about his population

quote:

"People are talking about the convention, and the debates. People know about the Republicans coming to town," Watson said. "If nothing else, black voters are curious: 'What are they talking about?' ... We want to give them those opportunities to find out."

How will you outreach?

quote:

The RNC and the media company will host events, including a concert series and community issues forums, in Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus. The GOP also is buying advertising that will begin on July 20 on Radio One stations, which include in Cleveland WENZ 107.9 FM, a hip-hop station, and WERE 1490 AM, a news/talk station.

So what bands do you think will be at the Black GOP Outreach concert series?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So, excluding Trump, out of all the GOP candidates who would probably be the absolute worst choice for President?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Toby Keith and Meat Loaf

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Obdicut posted:

Every time I see his name I think someone is using an ethnic slur.

I don't but that's because I watched Hey Arnold as a kid.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

They are trying

http://www.cleveland.com/rnc-2016/index.ssf/2015/07/republican_national_committee.html

What does Orlando Watson (RNC Black Media Communications Director) say about his population

How will you outreach?

The Black Republican supergroup with Wailin' Ben Carson, axeman Michael Steele, and Alan Keyes on keys.

e: featuring Herman Cain on Pokéflute

my bony fealty fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 14, 2015

AnemicChipmunk
Oct 23, 2012

Scott Walker?

More like Ronald Rogaine with that bald spot, amirite!?

i'll show myself out.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

quote:

Walker went on to say he was fixing something in the kitchen — he doesn't say when — and hit his head on the cabinet. His wife, Tonette, repeatedly urged him to see a doctor, and when he finally did he was told his head would not be growing hair anymore in that area. He said Tonette cited this as proof that it's best to listen to your wife.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Forever. They are never going to let Ronald Reagan go ever... ever .. ever ..ever.

"He asked the man how long he had to keep the myth of Reagan propped up in support of the Republican Party..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Q7b-vHY3Q

:ohdear:

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

pathetic little tramp posted:

Wait, are they saying it was a medical issue that Martin Van Buren was short, or that his hair was short?

To clarify:

quote:

Old Tip he wears a homespun suit,
He has no ruffled shirt -- wirt, wirt;
But Mat he has the golden pate,
And he's a little squirt -- wirt, wirt.

Van Buren? More like Van Burened!

Also more on Jefferson:

quote:

Violent headache for two days after behaving awkwardly in front of a girl he fancied (March 1764, age 20);

Okay I'll stop now.

"The Tonettes" would make a great doo-wop group name.

Obdicut fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 14, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I can't tell who would be considered a bigger dweeb, Jindal or Walker

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Finally a win for Bobby!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

OldTennisCourt posted:

So, excluding Trump, out of all the GOP candidates who would probably be the absolute worst choice for President?

Charles and David Koch Scott Walker

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Brannock posted:

Walker you loving motheRFUCKER you pissed away HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

THEN you come out with THIS poo poo

GODDAMN IT TO FUC K!

...Do you think we'll get high-speed rail out of a Walker presidency?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

van Buren's height and hairline were mocked in the 1840 presidential campaign in which his opponent, "Old Tip," was William Henry Harrison:

Old Tip he wears a homespun suit,
He has no ruffled shirt -- wirt, wirt;
But Mat he has the golden pate,
And he's a little squirt -- wirt, wirt. 3a:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

WHAT. You don't lose hair in a classic "genetically inherited crown bald spot" pattern from getting a bump on the noggin.

Is he just ashamed to be losing his hair in the same way most everyone does? Trust me Walker, it's a lot better than getting your widow's peaks at 19. At least you can get a piece real easily for a bald spot.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I think Jindal's exorcism thing might push him beyond the boundaries of dweeb

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

WHAT. You don't lose hair in a classic "genetically inherited crown bald spot" pattern from getting a bump on the noggin.

Is he just ashamed to be losing his hair in the same way most everyone does? Trust me Walker, it's a lot better than getting your widow's peaks at 19. At least you can get a piece real easily for a bald spot.

Hitting his head there made him dumb enough to believe that.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Obdicut posted:

Hitting his head there made him dumb enough to believe that.

Either that or the experiment with the drill bit.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Gregoriev posted:

...Do you think we'll get high-speed rail out of a Walker presidency?

Want to see him try to do the monorail song and fail as badly at impressions as Cruz.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

OldTennisCourt posted:

My pick is Jindal, he has a lower approval rating than Hillary Clinton in loving Louisiana. He's basically a combination of Scott Walker's Koch sucking with Huckabee's bible thumping, there's not a single redeeming quality to the man at all.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

When I loaded this the player froze on this screen

Spun Dog posted:

This was mine:

Two more entries for my "Scott Walker cannot be photographed without looking like he's just lost bowel control" folder.

It's quite extensive, as you might well imagine.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Walker:

:lol: He just said he's going to take money out of Washington & send it back to the states. So now it's okay to accept federal funds.

:getin:

No, you just don't speak the language. "Send money back to the states" is Republican for tax cuts.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How freaked out would republicans be at those photos

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Two more entries for my "Scott Walker cannot be photographed without looking like he's just lost bowel control" folder.

It's quite extensive, as you might well imagine.

In five years of Walker I've seen exactly one photograph* where he doesn't look absolutely loving horrible. If I can remember where I saw it I'll post it.

It's not a matter of him being unphotogenic either, he looks just as awful in person.

*: not carefully selected by his campaign team

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I still don't get how a man with absolutely no charisma is can get treated as a major player for the candidacy. Is it purely based on the spitefulness of his policies and politicking?

It'd be like electing the creepiest teenage toady as class president. How the gently caress would it happen?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I still don't get how a man with absolutely no charisma is can get treated as a major player for the candidacy. Is it purely based on the spitefulness of his policies and politicking?

It'd be like electing the creepiest teenage toady as class president. How the gently caress would it happen?

It's mostly due to him being an empty suit willing-no, eager to do whatever the Kochs tell him to. Like, even more than other Republicans.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I wouldn't say he has no charisma - listening to him, he seems to exude a certain Midwestern folksy charm.

I honestly think he's got a very good shot of winning Iowa, and quite possibly more beyond that.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Looks like there's going to be a bukkake. I think i've seen this exact selfie style from a James Deen twitter or tumblr.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Selfies are not his strong suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Santorum still aiming to be the most dickish candidate. It's nice to have some certainty in this circus of a primary.

• Locked thread