Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Killsion posted:

So I'm trying to use ACT and it seems to be working but it's not reading anything or parsing anything. Help?

Try running it as an administrator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Why are you people caring about Provoke macros at all? Who gives a poo poo?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

cheetah7071 posted:

Try running it as an administrator.

I am, still nothing.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?
may need to add an exception in your firewall

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Good to know, I'm not really feeling NIN and wanted to do something ranged and MCH wasn't doing it for me and my SMN is mid-40's.

As a career healer, I enjoy summoners in my party because of divine shield and they're the only DPS that can cast a revive spell, which makes me at ease in case I screw up or I run out of MP. So yeah, they're alright in my book.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Killsion posted:

I am, still nothing.

You need to make an exception in your firewall or disable network parsing in the FFXIV plugin settings.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm returning to the game and I'm trying to access my old ffgoons account. Password seems expired and when I try to reset it I get an "Invalid E-mail" error. The account is still there, because when I try to create a new one it stops that with "KirbyKhan is already taken"

I sent a support e-mail to the ffgoons site, but I don't think that's being monitored. I'm currently hanging out in the IRC or in game as 'Kirby Khan' if anyone can help me get that account reactivated. ffgoons name: KirbyKhan

EDIT: Resolved. Thank you RuanGacho

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 14, 2015

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I think Provoke macros are pretty useless too but just because Belzac hasn't been posting lately doesn't mean you need to fill the shitposting void his absence has left.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

What about macros extolling the virtues of fracture?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I use a macro for Living Dead and that's about it.

I am currently using a very obnoxious Living Dead macro

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
The only allowed provoke macros involve getting Sempai to notice you.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

bonewitch posted:

disable network parsing in the FFXIV plugin settings.

That worked, thanks.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm returning to the game and I'm trying to access my old ffgoons account. Password seems expired and when I try to reset it I get an "Invalid E-mail" error. The account is still there, because when I try to create a new one it stops that with "KirbyKhan is already taken"

I sent a support e-mail to the ffgoons site, but I don't think that's being monitored. I'm currently hanging out in the IRC or in game as 'Kirby Khan' if anyone can help me get that account reactivated. ffgoons name: KirbyKhan
check your pms

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

but what level is provoke?

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
oh god I spent 400k on my estate room

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I'm leveling up my Culinary now, but I am having so much trouble actually making items to level. Like I need to hit Masters mend at least once on 40 durability crafts, and I can't even finish a 80 craft. I have the level 55 HQ Job Armor. My Weaver with the 55 Weaver HQ set never had this problem which is why it is so weird to me.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

dreffen posted:

I am currently using a very obnoxious Living Dead macro

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fat_Cow posted:

So I'm leveling up my Culinary now, but I am having so much trouble actually making items to level. Like I need to hit Masters mend at least once on 40 durability crafts, and I can't even finish a 80 craft. I have the level 55 HQ Job Armor. My Weaver with the 55 Weaver HQ set never had this problem which is why it is so weird to me.

What's weird is that the Culinary items seem to all be a tier more difficult than the other crafting items.

I've just been pumping out basic mats in all the crafts and just hit 52 across the board. The first base mat for every class is 169 difficulty with 3951 max quality. Meanwhile, Culinarians have to deal with the base item being 210 difficulty and 4561 max quality. It's almost like they accidentally tuned everything CUL related a tier more difficult.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

Like I need to hit Masters mend at least once on 40 durability crafts

I don't understand. You're saying this like it's a problem. Are you under the impression that restoring durability is a bad thing?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't understand. You're saying this like it's a problem. Are you under the impression that restoring durability is a bad thing?

I'm just not used to doing it when making NQ leveling up items.

Wish for Rain
Jan 31, 2013

Clever Betty
As much as I like the people I play with, it’d be nice to be in an FC that has more than ~13 active members and some alts. As someone who is mildly interested in doing new content without resorting to pugs in Dungeon Finder but also likes the more casual aspects of the game, which goon FC do you guys recommend I apply to, or does it not matter?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
It does not matter.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Fat_Cow posted:

I'm just not used to doing it when making NQ leveling up items.

GSM has a ton of 35 dura crafts too.

Rothgil
May 12, 2008
Back again, applied to Scratching Post on Cactuar and am just one level away from WHM

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Now I'm tempted to make a Rob Zombie reference in a Living Dead macro. Living Dead Girl is the obvious choice.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

You should make a soul eater anime refrence

edit: I'm leveling WHM and just had my first bad tank

First of all this mother fucker had serious ADD. 55 BRD, 52 SMN/SCH, 51 BLM and was tanking on a 20 MRD. Second, he didn't know what AOE was or target switching so it ended up where he'd pull, then I'd get aggro from 2/3 mobs, the bard would pull one off me, and I'd have to heal three god drat people. gently caress I hate people.

I did get all three comms though

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 14, 2015

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Wish for Rain posted:

As much as I like the people I play with, it’d be nice to be in an FC that has more than ~13 active members and some alts. As someone who is mildly interested in doing new content without resorting to pugs in Dungeon Finder but also likes the more casual aspects of the game, which goon FC do you guys recommend I apply to, or does it not matter?

Anyone but cuties. Death to cuties.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Cuties is a great fc if you have crippling depression or an addiction for bridgeburning

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
An FC so bad it makes Doublestep and I agree about something.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Doublestep posted:

Cuties is a great fc if you have crippling depression or an addiction for bridgeburning

I do.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Doublestep posted:

Why haven't you been on steam in 2 days

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Suppose that may have mine beat.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Wish for Rain posted:

If you're just starting out, Third Party Tools is great and has lots of people also starting out as well as a healthy mix of veterans to help out. If you're not, there's a healthy number of us who are also veterans to do stuff with. Basically, join Third Party Tools.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Why haven't you been on steam in 2 days

people keep trying to get me to join csgo/dota and i dont wanna

Wish for Rain
Jan 31, 2013

Clever Betty

Boten Anna posted:

If you're just starting out, Third Party Tools is great and has lots of people also starting out as well as a healthy mix of veterans to help out. If you're not, there's a healthy number of us who are also veterans to do stuff with. Basically, join Third Party Tools.

I'm not exactly a veteran but I've been playing for 3-4 months or so and I'm 60 on my BLM, I actually bought the game back when it launched and leveling pugilist was so boring I quit for over a year. Thanks for all the help guys, not online right now but I'll apply tomorrow :v:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ghostinmyshell posted:

The only allowed provoke macros involve getting Sempai to notice you.

This.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
My ilvl 157 BLM is doing 450 dps on Bismarck EX so how do I install ACT?

edit: I got it working and I can do 818 on a dummy. Guess I just need to get good with movement.

more like dICK fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 14, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Third Party Tools has the company tag <EULA> which is basically the best thing, <cutie> is dumb, and PBC can't make up their loving mind :mad:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
There's a clan on Ultros with the tag <ESRB> and I've always liked that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
is verizon fios still bad for this game?

• Locked thread