Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bubble-T posted:

That doesn't seem so terrible. The example song in the video is the kind of thing I'd like for my kids because they learn super quickly at childcare that there's "boy stuff" and "girl stuff" and I think that sucks. It sounds like the writing will be pretty age appropriate.

You should raise your children on Shmorky's comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I guarantee you that at least one goon parent has bought an album of wacky ironic lullaby versions of black metal songs and that's infinitely stupider and more cringeworthy.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Non Serviam posted:

And also about rape. It's something that any sane parent would talk to their infant child about.
Jesus Christ...

I'm not sure you know what an infant is.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sleeveless posted:

I guarantee you that at least one goon parent has bought an album of wacky ironic lullaby versions of black metal songs and that's infinitely stupider and more cringeworthy.

I bought lullaby weezer and it's actually pretty good :colbert:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Dinosaurs are cool tho

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Non Serviam posted:

And also about rape. It's something that any sane parent would talk to their infant child about.
Jesus Christ...

theflyingorc posted:

The songs are also not structured well, and again, we can wait for the consent talk. It can happen, but 5 year olds singing about consent are actually sorta creepy

Depends on what age it's aimed at and how it's presented? We haven't told our five year old "don't let anyone rape you" but we sure as hell have talked to him about not letting people do things he's uncomfortable with etc.

Maybe this lady's songs are all crap, I don't know, but the topics she's singing about are actually broadly relevant to kids.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Non Serviam posted:

Jesus Christ...

Can't wait to talk with my kids about rape.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think we should prepare our kids for a world of Subway spokemen and forum mods.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe it's an American thing being really weird about even the most basic sex-ed for kids? I'm Australian and most people I know, except people who went to really conservative religious schools from a very young age, have had a really basic "boys have penises, girls have vaginas, don't let anyone touch you in a way you don't like" education in the earliest years of primary school, like age 5-7 or so. And yes, it sometimes includes singing because kids loving love listening to songs.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Maybe it's an American thing being really weird about even the most basic sex-ed for kids? I'm Australian and most people I know, except people who went to really conservative religious schools from a very young age, have had a really basic "boys have penises, girls have vaginas, don't let anyone touch you in a way you don't like" education in the earliest years of primary school, like age 5-7 or so. And yes, it sometimes includes singing because kids loving love listening to songs.

I don't know as that wasn't my experience in a US public school. We had the whole talk of "here's what puberty has in store for you" about that when I was in fifth grade decades ago. I remember there was a note that basically said "we are going to talk about penises and vaginas. Sign to acknowledge that we told you." I don't recall anyone being absent (which would have been talked about by a bunch of 5th graders).

And freshman year in HS we had the whole birth control, STD stuff as part of a Health class that was mandatory for all freshman.

Maybe things have changed.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wp9iNINHMc

Had to be done…

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

We never got anything as catchy or as modern as this sadly :(

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

Jesus Christ...

I looked at it, it doesn't mention rape or sexual consent anywhere in the song. It's like "hugs are really great, but if someone ever wants to give you a hug, it's ok to say no" and framed like that. Only about hugging people and about "your body belongs to you". It's goofy but it's really inoffensive, idk why goons need to blow things so crazily out of proportion.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuXOkGvZNaI

Sonic's got you covered.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

moerketid posted:

I looked at it, it doesn't mention rape or sexual consent anywhere in the song. It's like "hugs are really great, but if someone ever wants to give you a hug, it's ok to say no" and framed like that. Only about hugging people and about "your body belongs to you". It's goofy but it's really inoffensive, idk why goons need to blow things so crazily out of proportion.

Because Goons and children react like sodium metal and water, or magnesium and napalm, or children and napalm. A hysterical overreaction is the only way counterrevolutionaries know how to express themselves in a post-McDLT America.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Goons doth protest too much. Mayhaps they all aspire to mod-hood?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Because Goons and children react like sodium metal and water, or magnesium and napalm, or children and napalm. A hysterical overreaction is the only way counterrevolutionaries know how to express themselves in a post-McDLT America.

Yeah, the only thing that looks out-of-the-ordinary there is the non-binary gender stuff, and even that's not objectionable, just not the kind of thing you'd usually see in a lower primary sex ed setting. Which I guess is why there's a Kickstarter for it.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

couldn't resist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca-spmuCQT4

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

moerketid posted:

It's because of the feminist agenda.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
There's nothing particularly wrong with it (I'm not a fan of the art but eh)

BUUUUUUT you've gotta be outta your goddamn mind if you think I'm spending 30 hours playing a visual novel, jesus christ

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Yeah don't ever look at anything like losers trying to get every ending in Clannad etc, it will make you lose faith in humanity.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
The Smithsonian trying to preserve part of history? Well I guess that's kinda important...

Woah woah wait a minute yet another magnetic charger for my phone? Now that deserves a million bucks.

:smith:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

SupSuper posted:

The Smithsonian trying to preserve part of history? Well I guess that's kinda important...

Woah woah wait a minute yet another magnetic charger for my phone? Now that deserves a million bucks.

:smith:

The difference is that one of those doesn't really give anyone anything in return for money, while the other one does, with a mass quantity of individuals paying the bare minimum to get the thing being shown. Every day, there are thousands of products NOT on kickstarter that have pulled in more money than that space suit kickstarter has. Maybe you won't agree with me, but I can't be affected by this, because it's normal for people to buy things but it's not normal for people to give away their money for nothing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Cheez posted:

The difference is that one of those doesn't really give anyone anything in return for money, while the other one does, with a mass quantity of individuals paying the bare minimum to get the thing being shown. Every day, there are thousands of products NOT on kickstarter that have pulled in more money than that space suit kickstarter has. Maybe you won't agree with me, but I can't be affected by this, because it's normal for people to buy things but it's not normal for people to give away their money for nothing.

Everything past $10 at least has something to offer, like a poster, a mission patch, 3D scan data of Armstrong's glove, etc. Also, those donations are tax deductible and include some mind-boggling things like the Smithsonian flags that went up with Discovery, private reception for the John Glenn Lecture, seeing the real suit, etc.

That said, I think Neil Armstrong's suit is going to get funded since it just started this weekend and has already push halfway past it's goals.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Young Freud posted:

Everything past $10 at least has something to offer, like a poster, a mission patch, 3D scan data of Armstrong's glove, etc. Also, those donations are tax deductible and include some mind-boggling things like the Smithsonian flags that went up with Discovery, private reception for the John Glenn Lecture, seeing the real suit, etc.

That said, I think Neil Armstrong's suit is going to get funded since it just started this weekend and has already push halfway past it's goals.
You get the patch at 55$+shipping. Before that you get a 3d scan (printer not provided) and a digital image. This is the "backer's exclusive forum" kind of tier.
And 55$ is quite a lot.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Is your 8-bit tie getting a bit passe? How about an aluminum bowtie? Available in a range of terrible designs and garish colors!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cyberia posted:

Is your 8-bit tie getting a bit passe? How about an aluminum bowtie? Available in a range of terrible designs and garish colors!

I too like to wear a metal blade shapped object near my neck .

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Goddamnit, why can't we just die in nuclear hellfire already? :negative:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A blast from the past: Razer have just acquired Ouya (the company) and scrapped the hardware division. Ouya users will be transitioned onto the Cortex platform for Razer Forge.

No link as I'm phone posting from work, but the full story is on https://www.theregister.co.uk

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Jedit posted:

A blast from the past: Razer have just acquired Ouya (the company) and scrapped the hardware division. Ouya users will be transitioned onto the Cortex platform for Razer Forge.

No link as I'm phone posting from work, but the full story is on https://www.theregister.co.uk

Here you go

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Apparently a lot of console nerds are very upset about this. :munch:

edit: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/indie-developers-ouya-owes-us-thousands-of-dollars

Collateral Damage has a new favorite as of 11:28 on Jul 28, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Collateral Damage posted:

Apparently a lot of console nerds are very upset about this. :munch:

I doubt anyone is upset the ouya is dead, amused is more like it.

edit: unless you're referring to the Razer cortex thingie.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Content: https://www.crowdsupply.com/purism/librem-15

FREEDUM! :arghfist::tinfoil:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Holy poo poo, I needed to read something like that this morning.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

cyberia posted:

$7472 pledged of $3000 goal.

If only they rotated.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

cyberia posted:

Aluminum instead of tungsten? Worthless garbage.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

I think they're more upset because they're owed thousands of dollars and Ouya is trying to weasel out of it.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The impression I've gotten from r/gamedev/ is that, like everything about Ouya, the contracts were poo poo.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Jedit posted:

I just don't get it. Ouya's dumb anyway, but what's the point in buying them and then scrapping the hardware? I can't imagine Ouyas software is that good, so were the employees that valuable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Xandu posted:

I just don't get it. Ouya's dumb anyway, but what's the point in buying them and then scrapping the hardware? I can't imagine Ouyas software is that good, so were the employees that valuable?

They probably want access to the OUYA customers, so they can offer them to migrate to the Razr thing, aka sell them more useless poo poo.