Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
I mean you're talking about the publishing company that decided to reboot Devil May Cry after the best selling entry in the series and didn't localize AAI 2 because ???

Like localization is not a small effort. The new FE game isn't being released in America for like a full year after the japanese release and that game was decided from the start to have an international release, and PW obviously has more text than FE. If Capcom was planning on an international release they definitely would have already announced it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Please look forward to 3DS emulation and the eventual fan-translation in 2020

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

They didn't do AAI2 because the dev team immediately disbanded following the JP release, plus it was a DS game in like 2012.

Sometimes localisation announcements take time. I think Layton vs Wright was announced a full year after coming out in Japan.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
Layton vs. Wright was a Level-5 game much more than it was a Capcom game. I think its more relevant to look at how this game is being handled in terms of localization by comparing it to the older Ace Attorney games. AAI2 they were also incredibly coy about the game getting an NA release, whereas with AA5 they were practically shouting it from the rooftops from day 1 that it would be getting an NA release. Which of these situations is AA6 more like?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We will get this game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

we will get the game, but if we somehow do not get it i will hold wright vs layton responsible and hate it even more

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's more like AA5, because AAI2 was an isolated circumstance. The people who were leading you on about that game were just idiots.

It's going to come out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
There is no war in Ba Sing Se Japanifornia

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

MrAristocrates posted:

It's more like AA5, because AAI2 was an isolated circumstance. The people who were leading you on about that game were just idiots.

It's going to come out.

AA5's localization was announced a year before the game released in Japan. I think it's looking more and more like it's not getting a western release.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ayn rand hand job posted:

What the hell ever happened to Iris

Died off screen so Maya could appear in PLvsAA.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The game has been out for literally days in Japan, what's up with the sudden negativity in this thread?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

:toxx:
Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken will get released outside Japan.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 14, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

You might regret that boyo

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Please look forward to 3DS emulation and the eventual fan-translation in 2020

Good news, friend: http://citra-emu.org/

People are doing a fan translation of Fire Emblem If for some reason I can't fathom so maybe they'll do Dai Gyakuten Saiban too, I guess.

My copy of this game is currently in freaking Hong Kong but I'll have it later this week.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Volt Catfish posted:

I won't. I am 110% certain AA6 will get released.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If you're so confident give us a time with that toxx

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

The reality is that they don't even have to bring up the protagonist's relevance to Phoenix Wright, because the way Capcom should realistically market this in the west is to just title it "Sherlock Holmes and the Ace Attorney" cause america is fuckin deep into sherlock right now. Just say the story is about Sherlock meeting this cool lawyer from some other country. Then he can even have his Japanese name. Never mention that Japan actually exists. Not even in the first case when he's there

I'm not really sure Americans who are into Sherlock Holmes are necessarily the same people who want to play a game where Watson is a cute girl.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

If you're so confident give us a time with that toxx

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lucy Liu was Watson in the US Sherlock TV series so it can't be that much of a stretch anymore.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Suspicious Cook posted:

DGS release trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXueeHbzqxk

The Jojo's poses aren't limited to just Sherlock.

What's up with the "Hound of the baskervilles" namedrop? Is it a case? That book was so crazy it would be a perfect fit for phoenix wright.

Edit: Oh poo poo, I just saw the episode V right above it. Yeah this game needs to come out here, pronto. I don't even care what they gymnastics they need to pull for it to make sense. also I want little girl watson to be just as much a muscle that shoots people just like book watson.

polish sausage fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 14, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

I'm not really sure Americans who are into Sherlock Holmes are necessarily the same people who want to play a game where Watson is a cute girl.
A lot of Sherlock fans are women so it's probably not a problem

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I remember buying a 3ds when it hit the street just so I could be prepared for Phoenix wright vs Layton.

Now I have an XL and it was totally worth the wait. It being Dual Destinies that is.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Quest For Glory II posted:

A lot of Sherlock fans are women so it's probably not a problem

It's a problem because most of those female fans imagine Sherlock Holmes in homolust with dude Watson.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's a problem because most of those female fans imagine Sherlock Holmes in homolust with dude Watson.

Well this time they can imagine him in homolust with the rookie attorney so I think it'll work out

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well this time they can imagine him in homolust with the rookie attorney so I think it'll work out
Also he's an anime pretty boy too

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Volt Catfish posted:

Good thing the latest game is a spinnoff so his :toxx: won't be an issue for a few years.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

most ace attorney fans imagine a whole lot of homolust as well, just have a look at some fanart

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

most ace attorney fans imagine a whole lot of homolust as well, just have a look at some fanart

edgy x steel samurai 4eva

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Good thing the latest game is a spinnoff so his :toxx: won't be an issue for a few years.
Is this not considered AA6?

Because I'll edit it to the loving japanese title if that's going to be an issue.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The japanese games in the series are numbered. So yes, officially this is not AA6.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It is done. Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken will get released outside Japan. In 2016. Is there anything else?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Will Maya be coming back.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Dr Pepper posted:

Was Maya secretly 300 years old and friends with Sherlock Holmes? I never finished Apollo Justice so there's probably some plot details I missed.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Speaking of which, do any characters in DGS aside from Payne do the "ancestor from generations back looks and acts exactly like their descendant" bit? Because that's was one of my biggest fears about the game. Taking place in another country from the other AA games made this a bit unlikely, but still.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Motto posted:

Speaking of which, do any characters in DGS aside from Payne do the "ancestor from generations back looks and acts exactly like their descendant" bit? Because that's was one of my biggest fears about the game. Taking place in another country from the other AA games made this a bit unlikely, but still.

Uh, the protagonist of the game itself comes to mind.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The end of the game will reveal that Gumshoe is the descendant of Sherlock Holmes.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mzbundifund posted:

He doesn't really look like Phoenix though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The prosecutor is either Edgeworth's ancestor or a von Karma ancestor.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

Eh, if he acts exactly like Phoenix I'd consider that to be more of a flaw in the writing's ability to give the protagonists distinct personalities from each other, like Apollo in AA4.

e: I don't have a problem with archetypes, I was thinking more along the lines of the game being full of stuff like having to deal with characters that are literally Oldbag or Larry or whoever but in a period outfit.

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

The prosecutor is either Edgeworth's ancestor or a von Karma ancestor.

The best friend is the Edgeworth ancestor.

• Locked thread