Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Actually his costume owns.
It's distinctive, has a simple enough design that you can alter the details without changing the essential costume, and the 'cape' offers a lot of scope for drawing it to dramatically highlight anything about Sinister's character from his creepiness, power, shadowy nature, or simply filling up a panel to make him seem a larger presence than he would otherwise. You can strip a lot of details away from Sinister, but the cape is such a good artistic tool for visually conveying Sinister as something more than a boob in a bodysuit that it's no wonder artists don't stray far from it.

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qd6vRG9aWE&t=4m55s

And this goober is exactly why Marvel will never ever change it. Sinister's costume is seared in the minds of 90s manchildren because as a stand-alone design it does work, but it has no loving business on a hybrid of Victorian and Nazi science-gone-bad. Oh if only I had said as much in my original post... if only... what a world that would have been...

New page, have Sinister holding baby Cable:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

mind the walrus posted:

And this goober is exactly why Marvel will never ever change it. Sinister's costume is seared in the minds of 90s manchildren because as a stand-alone design it does work, but it has no loving business on a hybrid of Victorian and Nazi science-gone-bad. Oh if only I had said as much in my original post... if only... what a world that would have been...

You don't want a hybrid of Victorian and Nazi science-gone-bad.

You want STAAAAAAHHHHHHDUST!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

You don't want a hybrid of Victorian and Nazi science-gone-bad.

You want STAAAAAAHHHHHHDUST!
Coooooooodyyyyyyyyyyy

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

TheCenturion posted:

That's got to be a riff on Nextwave.

Edit: GD it, wrong post. I meant Agent Hill going off on how much she hates Hank McCoy.

Yeah, I hadn't picked up on that until you and Cassa mentioned it, but you're right and I love it.

Nextwave: Agents of Hate #6. The series divides opinion here, but I'm posting funny panels, and if people don't like it, I don't care, post funny panels in response. Too much kvetching in the image threads on what is funny or badass.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

mind the walrus posted:

I'm an 80s manchild, thank you very much.

e: it's ironic you complain about 90s manchildren since that's when all the Victorian sciencemans stuff was bolted on to him. Your complaint is exactly backward - his retroactive backstory doesn't match his costume.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 13, 2015

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Milotic posted:

Nextwave: Agents of Hate #6. The series divides opinion here, but I'm posting funny panels, and if people don't like it, I don't care, post funny panels in response. Too much kvetching in the image threads on what is funny or badass.

Hey, no complaints here. I'm pretty sure most archvillians internalize those sorts of monologues all the time.

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

mind the walrus posted:

And this goober is exactly why Marvel will never ever change it. Sinister's costume is seared in the minds of 90s manchildren because as a stand-alone design it does work, but it has no loving business on a hybrid of Victorian and Nazi science-gone-bad.

Actually I am a hybrid of Victorian and Nazi science-gone-bad and that's exactly the kind of thing we love to wear.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's basically what goes on in Doom's head every time he sees the Fantastic Four.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
All this talk about what a PROPER nazi science villain should look like got me searching for Baron Zemo panels.

Because I am apparently nine years old, I came across this and laughed at it instead.

EDIT: Requesting funny Baron Zemo panels, TIA.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 14, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is that how physics works? Who the gently caress knows.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The shield is essentially magic.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zemo is hilarious because you have a supervillain nazi who glued his own mask to his face.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Section Z posted:

All this talk about what a PROPER nazi science villain should look like got me searching for Baron Zemo panels.

Because I am apparently nine years old, I came across this and laughed at it instead.

EDIT: Requesting funny Baron Zemo panels, TIA.

Reminds me of some fan art of Steve and Thor practicing the shield/hammer move from Avengers: Age of Ultron.
part 1
part 2

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Agent Venom, ladies and gentlemen

Amazing Spider-Man #335

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think there might actually be another Nextwave scene that's even closer to the Hill scene posted. Dirk Anger had a lot of good rants.

EDIT: Oh man, I hadn't read nextwave since I saw AoU:

SynthOrange posted:

Is that how physics works? Who the gently caress knows.

Vibranium!

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 14, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Zemo is hilarious because you have a supervillain nazi who glued his own mask to his face.

Then his kid had the same thing happen.

Bad poo poo just runs in that family. If Zemo ever has kids, he better keep them the gently caress away from all things sticky.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Doomsday Squadron #6

The squad is looking for intelligent life

the only question is, which newark?

what a strange and awkward way to say "martial arts"!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sizone posted:

what a strange and awkward way to say "martial arts"!

It's a very dumb reference to this scene.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

No it didn't. He got his face melted.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

You mean he should have glued his mask on?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

You mean he should have glued his mask on?

Later on he dove into a volcano wearing a thermally insulated suit but forgot his glove, so this is kind of a running issue with him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I thought he got it glued on with ADHESIVE X or whatever it was called, just like his pop. Weird.

Maybe a retcon?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I thought he got it glued on with ADHESIVE X or whatever it was called, just like his pop. Weird.

Maybe a retcon?

The next time Elder Zemo shows up, I want somebody to point out that a guy named "Paste-Pot Pete" was more competent than him.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bad poo poo just runs in that family.

It also runs in the Red Skull family.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Maybe a retcon?

No, I'm pretty sure you're just wrong.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Deadpool, you give Zemo back his mask right this instant!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

No, I'm pretty sure you're just wrong.

You could have looked it up instead of being a knowitall.

Funny Panel ahead:

Okay, not that funny. Avengers 6

How does he eat?

joehonkie fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 14, 2015

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

joehonkie posted:

Funny Panel ahead:

Okay, not that funny. Avengers 6

How does he eat?

That's Baron Zemo Sr

Baron Zemo Jr fell into a vat of boiling, specially-treated Adhesive X during his first appearance as the villain Phoenix in Captain America #168, during the Secret Empire storyline.

Tons of stuff happened to him because of Thunderbolts though, so that might have been changed.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Tavarin posted:

That's Baron Zemo Sr

Baron Zemo Jr fell into a vat of boiling, specially-treated Adhesive X during his first appearance as the villain Phoenix in Captain America #168, during the Secret Empire storyline.

Tons of stuff happened to him because of Thunderbolts though, so that might have been changed.

Oh right, then.

I wish they would stop with generations of people who somehow look and act exactly like their parents. It's silly and confusing. Especially since half the time their parents come back to life.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

joehonkie posted:

I don't need to look up what my birthday is, and I don't need to look up useless facts about Captain America villains. I just know.

Do not mouth off to Cap's war buddies.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought the Torch was famous for that in Marvel land?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

goatface posted:

I thought the Torch was famous for that in Marvel land?

Nah. It's top-secret, but Bucky and Hammond bust it out whenever they need to shut someone up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought Fury knew, and the FF and Namor. That means it should be known by every single hacker in the world, Ben Grimm's poker table, and anyone Namor has exchanged pillow-talk with.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't need to look up what my birthday is, and I don't need to look up useless facts about Captain America villains. I just know.

That is a serious super power.

Best base ever?

'63 #6 - The Tomorrow Syndicate

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Same issue:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey Billy the Kid isn't a villain!

Well, except for that mall incident.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Sorry, other Presidential assassins!

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Man, I can't wait to see all of those ceiling photos come back from the observatory.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Captain Capacitor posted:

Man, I can't wait to see all of those ceiling photos come back from the observatory.

The telescope is his eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

redbackground posted:

Sorry, other Presidential assassins!

Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy all had it coming. :colbert: