Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

don't you think im so sexy im just so fresh so clean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

I believe the phrase that springs to mind with Mychal is 'don't feed the troll'

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Well, at least they admit Obama isn't foreign.

Have some vintage 2008 election stuff:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oklahoma's GOP delivering a real knee slapper today.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rand alPaul posted:

Oklahoma's GOP delivering a real knee slapper today.
Poors are dangerous, you don't want them becoming accustomed to coming near people.

e: drat it, this is the picture thread, not politics.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 14, 2015

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Obama's fancy big syllable words are bad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

SybilVimes posted:

I believe the phrase that springs to mind with Mychal is 'don't feed the troll'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5UbxVilsdc

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u__W0Qa8v0k

Do you think Aaron McGruder ever regrets creating that character like Dave Chappele or Chris Rock ever did with their skits or bits? Because one quick glance at the comments shows an unnerving amount of affection.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frostwerks posted:

Do you think Aaron McGruder ever regrets creating that character like Dave Chappele or Chris Rock ever did with their skits or bits? Because one quick glance at the comments shows an unnerving amount of affection.

I hope not. It's really good satire even if some people earnestly support it.

Lycus posted:

Poors are dangerous, you don't want them becoming accustomed to coming near people.

e: drat it, this is the picture thread, not politics.

Can you tell me what book that is from? I've read a lot of slavery books and that's not entirely accurate. There were cases of elder slaves being emancipated by unscrupulous owners who didn't want to pay for their well-being.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Frostwerks posted:

I hope not because frankly he shows them for what they really are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYkZe3yprKU

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Can you tell me what book that is from? I've read a lot of slavery books and that's not entirely accurate. There were cases of elder slaves being emancipated by unscrupulous owners who didn't want to pay for their well-being.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/unclaimedmysteries/sets/72157628123504813/

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I hope the hair doesn't come off, it looks like it might get stuck.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Guavanaut posted:

I hope the hair doesn't come off, it looks like it might get stuck.

If their tagline isn't "PUT SOME TRUMP IN YOUR RUMP," then life just isn't worth living.

Donald Trump's New Campaign Poster Has 4 Too Many Nazis

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Rand alPaul posted:

I hope not. It's really good satire even if some people earnestly support it.
HI

Most likely either from this or the Politically Incorrect Guide to the South. They are several books in the series which are History For Dummies for racists and southern apologists.

Goddamnit, now this poo poo's in my Amazon History. I'm going to be getting horrible recommendations for a while.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

PotatoJudge posted:

Most likely either from this or the Politically Incorrect Guide to the South. They are several books in the series which are History For Dummies for racists and southern apologists.

Goddamnit, now this poo poo's in my Amazon History. I'm going to be getting horrible recommendations for a while.
I already posted what it was from, yo. I like how there's a history scholarship named after this dude.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...
North Korea allows 'first foreign band to perform'

This is so perfect :allears:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The only time I'd ever actually want to be in North Korea.

Edit: Their poster for the concert is great!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A police officer was ambushed and shot in St. Louis yesterday (he lived).

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/georgia-add-outkast-to

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

:vince:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

A Racist Image

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

KazigluBey posted:

A Racist Image

No... context... hurgh... :negative:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

I only know of Laibach because youtube recommended "Tanz mit Laibach" to me while I was researching Von Thronstahl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9bAniUna0

"Industrial" music...

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Gun free zones save lives

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin meets with Obama during his two-day visit to Oklahoma, during which he became the first sitting president to visit a federal prison.

Mary Fallin posted:

“During his time here, the president focused many of his remarks on our criminal justice system. There is an emerging bipartisan consensus that our justice system must be ‘smart on crime’ as well as tough on crime. For individuals with mental health and addiction issues, for instance, we need to do a better job of offering treatment and supervision as alternatives to prolonged incarceration. The president and I have some common ground on this issue, as do some Republican presidential candidates as well as leading conservative activists like the Koch family.

Eyeroll.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kro-Bar posted:

Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin meets with Obama during his two-day visit to Oklahoma, during which he became the first sitting president to visit a federal prison.

Eyeroll.

She doesn't know the three branches of government. Seriously.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Accretionist posted:

No... context... hurgh... :negative:

Oh all right;

Peanut Butter And Jelly Racist? Portland School Principal Ties Sandwich To White Privilege

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008

Look, the stoic and bureaucratic nature of the German people has never hurt anyone before.

From Greece:

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Sounds like "taken out context.html" to me. The point seems to be that when you're dealing with immigrant children, and some public schools have a lot of those, then many common analogies and attempts to create a connection that educators are taught in school are a bit too American-centric and might not be as effective as they'd like. Therefore, maybe a teacher in that situation should tone down the PBJ and apple pie and baseball analogies when they're dealing with a classroom of first generation Somali immigrants. It's just common-sense analysis of inter-cultural communication and the "HAY GUYZ! This lady said PBJ was RACIST!" angle on it is moronic.

EDIT:

Eh, here's a better DnD pic

CaptBushido fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

What happened in 2005?

• Locked thread