Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Strudel Man posted:

It wouldn't be to make the realm fall apart, at least in my envisioning - it would be a way to make it under your dynasty's rule.

You just called my mom a whore and my dad a fool? Sure I'll swear fealty to you right away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Angela Christine posted:

You just called my mom a whore and my dad a fool? Sure I'll swear fealty to you right away!

"Hey, when I die, you'll inherit my poo poo too."

I had an infuriating case of "I have a secret bastard son and no male heirs." That is the situation I am thinking of.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hadaka Apron posted:

Anyone have advice for converting pagans? I know that leaders having the Cynical trait makes them more receptive, but they still usually imprison my chaplain.

It's mostly pretty random, but the main factors aside from the liege that you're trying to convert's traits are the current year and which religion you're trying to convert them to - pagans are more hostile to missionaries in the earlier years but will become more receptive after about 1000 AD or so. Also, certain pagan types are more receptive to missionaries of particular religions - Germanic pagans are more receptive to catholic conversion, while west Africans are more receptive to Muslims and I think Slavic and Romuva are more receptive to Orthodox.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Geheimnisnacht is super fun. Playing as a Sigmarite Queen in the border princes area, have swallowed up most of the northern part.

There are two large orc warbands bordering me though, so I'm getting chipped away at, even the two holy orders permanently in my pay are no match for 20k+ demesne troops, not sure how or if I'm going to be able to deal with them.

Due to every claimant to the imperial throne being either vampires or mutants, my character sees her realm as something of an empire in exile, and a bastion for the true faithful of Sigmar. To this end I acquired a Runefang by marrying my sister off to the son of an elector family who held one, imprisoning him, and stealing the sword.

I've recently been hearing voices, and despite my best efforts to resist them grandfather nurgle calls to me day and night.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Neat, what's your capital/top realm?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hey, if I make sure to roll back to the previous version when the patch drops tomorrow, can I still play on it for achievements? Still trying to finish a Roman Empire run.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Shadeoses posted:

Neat, what's your capital/top realm?

I can't remember the name of it, but its the one wedged in the north western apex of the Princes against the mountains, starting with a 2 province beastman realm on its south-eastern border. I've now formed the kingdom of Stygian Woods as my top level title.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
My 1 year old son had to take over because I got sick and died. I chose some pretty qualified guy to educate me, but when I turned 16, I had 0 traits. What the gently caress dude.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Eric the Mauve posted:

And if no one but him knows the awful truth, he probably doesn't want to bring any accusations against his wife without some kind of caught-in-the-act-by-several-eyewitnesses proof, lest he have to explain to the court how he can be sure he isn't the father.

Yeah, it puts me in mind of David Gemmell's Troy trilogy. In that Hector was castrated by a battle injury and the only person who knows is Priam, who had the surgeon killed to keep it secret. Then Andromache finds this out after getting pregnant from a fling with Helikaon and has to sleep with Priam to cover it up. The net result is her ending up with a child that nobody knows who the real father is except Andromache and the person believed by everyone to be the father knows it isn't his.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

WilliamAnderson posted:

Hey, if I make sure to roll back to the previous version when the patch drops tomorrow, can I still play on it for achievements? Still trying to finish a Roman Empire run.

Yes you can

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Wait do patches mess with your savegames?

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Goofballs posted:

Major ones do, but if you right click the game in steam and select properties, you'll find a dropdown list of game versions you can revert back to.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Goofballs posted:

Not usually, but if I recall correctly that did happen with one major patch (was it Rajas?) some time ago, so it's possible.

E: Actually this one adds provinces to the map, right? So it almost definitely will gently caress up existing saves, yeah.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

That's less than super but I guess I have all the viking cheevos except ritually murdering a religious head. I guess I'll roll back and get on that.

If you take Rome and the pope escapes how do you track him down if he's not your religious head?

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
261.3 megabyte update on Steam :toot:

Can't see Horse Lords on the Steam store yet, though.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Goofballs posted:

That's less than super but I guess I have all the viking cheevos except ritually murdering a religious head. I guess I'll roll back and get on that.

If you take Rome and the pope escapes how do you track him down if he's not your religious head?

If you don't recall his name, just search for the title The Papacy.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

Tehan posted:

261.3 megabyte update on Steam :toot:

Can't see Horse Lords on the Steam store yet, though.

My update says its queued for 15:51 GMT so I expect that's when its scheduled for release.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Goofballs posted:

Claimant list for Rome bishopric. I wish they made Rome a proper city and just made Vatican City the bishopric capital of the papal state.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
It's not on the CK2 store page or the Steam front page, but if you check 'all new releases' it's at the top.

Edit: Bought it and the map's updated but all the people that should be nomad are still tribal. It's in the Steam DLC list but not in the CK2 launcher :ohdear:

Tehan fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 14, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tehan posted:

It's not on the CK2 store page or the Steam front page, but if you check 'all new releases' it's at the top.
Yes the DLC is not for sale yet but the game is already patched.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Saith posted:

My update says its queued for 15:51 GMT so I expect that's when its scheduled for release.

Mine said similar but hitting the little arrow under the "scheduled for" started the update.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Midnight Voyager posted:

"Hey, when I die, you'll inherit my poo poo too."

I had an infuriating case of "I have a secret bastard son and no male heirs." That is the situation I am thinking of.

This would make the seduction focus ridiculously overpowered. Seed bastards around the place, wait for them to inherit, legitimise them, and suddenly you own the entire universe.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

Yes the DLC is not for sale yet but the game is already patched.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Did they announce any new DLC beside Horse Lords? Usually there's a portrait pack or something when new expansions are released.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

As always I will let you guys beta test it first and will buy it only after the first patch fix the mandatory game-breaking bugs and hideous unbalances.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Same thing's being reported on the Paradox forums launch thread. Also if you buy the 'Horse Lords Collection' so far you aren't getting the content pack that one would assume is supposed to be bundled with it. As far as launch bugs go, 'DLC does not appear to actually exist' is an interesting new spin.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Mixed reviews already? House Horse is not going to be pleased.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Unless it isn't actually out yet and y'all are jumping the gun.

I know it's on steam, but I expect it just hasn't been activated yet. Give it an hour or so.

e: Sometimes, schedules just aren't synced. For example, the Telltale Games series are often available at midnight on PSN, but aren't actually playable until an hour or two later.

Saith fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 14, 2015

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I notice the Assassinate button was apparently removed by hard coding--you can still enable it in defines.lua, and it will appear in-game, but clicking it causes an immediate crash to desktop.

Why it's still listed in defines.lua at all, this being the case... :iiam:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

TTBF posted:

Did they announce any new DLC beside Horse Lords? Usually there's a portrait pack or something when new expansions are released.
There is a Horse Lord Content pack for 5$ featuring 4 army models, a portraits pack and some music. Also a ORCHESTRAL House Lords DLC. HOUSE Lords.
edit:

more edit:
This music pack includes the following songs:

01 Main Theme ( Electro Orchestral Mix)
02 Journey To Absolution ( Electro Orchestral Mix)
03 Kingdom Of Jerusalem ( Marching Epic Mix)
04 The First Crusade ( Electro Orchestral Mix)
05 Horns Of Hattin And The Aftermath ( Marching Epic Mix)

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 14, 2015

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Content pack is properly added now. Still no sign of horses or the lords thereof, though.

First bug of the new patch: having any sort of info menu open in the top left cuts music volume by about half.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

I notice the Assassinate button was apparently removed by hard coding--you can still enable it in defines.lua, and it will appear in-game, but clicking it causes an immediate crash to desktop.

Why it's still listed in defines.lua at all, this being the case... :iiam:

OK, it's not just that. I just tried to declare war and got a crash to desktop when I clicked the Declare War button, and it is repeatable. It persists through uninstalling/reinstalling. Anyone else having issues like this?

I did tinker with defines.lua, but nothing that has any impact on declaring war.

Edit: OK, apparently the problem was the Better Readable Font Mod. :confused:

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 14, 2015

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

The DLC is showing up as installed in the DLC list on steam, but not showing up in the launcher. What the hell?

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

DStecks posted:

The DLC is showing up as installed in the DLC list on steam, but not showing up in the launcher. What the hell?

Me too, this sucks. Anyone found a workaround yet?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Toplowtech posted:

There is a Horse Lord Content pack for 5$ featuring 4 army models, a portraits pack and some music. Also a ORCHESTRAL House Lords DLC. HOUSE Lords.
edit:

more edit:

Well, I'm curious about that song pack. Someone give me impressions when they manage to get the DLC stuff working.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Huskalator posted:

Me too, this sucks. Anyone found a workaround yet?

Wait for it to properly launch. Go eat a food and lift a thing. Watch a Rick and Morty Rerun. Come back. Play game.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Schizotek posted:

Wait for it to properly launch. Go eat a food and lift a thing. Watch a Rick and Morty Rerun. Come back. Play game.

Not sure how it's not properly launched if I've purchased the drat thing, but ok

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Toplowtech posted:

edit:

more edit:

CK1 music pack when

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I really wish they would let us hear a few seconds preview of each of the new songs on the steam store page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Holy loving poo poo guys, it's not even 10 AM PST yet, which is usually when content drops. I'm expecting it to not work until then.

Just because you can pre-purchase something doesn't mean it's going to upload faster.

• Locked thread