Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

seizure later posted:

I'd like to know if those bugs were actually present in PBE and Riot knew about it, or those bugs genuinely weren't present in the PBE and what changed between that code and live that made it occur.

I am just curious what change or addition caused it to happen, since it's such a bizarre bug. I agree with the person who said it was even weirder than the "Rumble does less damage on the purple side" bug a couple days ago. It's not like the "if Shaco on one side uses his ult the Shaco on the other team can't ult at all" bug where you can kind of understand where things go haywire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You'd think they could run some analytics to see if every champion had been played on a PBE cycle. It's entirely possible that no one picked zed because he's pretty much garbage at this point

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

exethan posted:

You'd think they could run some analytics to see if every champion had been played on a PBE cycle. It's entirely possible that no one picked zed because he's pretty much garbage at this point

If they could, they should ban from the PBE everyone who did pick him but didn't report the obvious, gamebreaking bug imo.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

exethan posted:

He still has a 50% win rate

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

I am just curious what change or addition caused it to happen, since it's such a bizarre bug. I agree with the person who said it was even weirder than the "Rumble does less damage on the purple side" bug a couple days ago. It's not like the "if Shaco on one side uses his ult the Shaco on the other team can't ult at all" bug where you can kind of understand where things go haywire.

And it's not like it was even hard to replicate. It's not some ultra-obscure bug like say, if Warwick buys 5 dorans rings and then a GA, sells his yellow trinket for a blue trinket and then undoes it in the shop, he will now do double damage. The bug was just straight up "Zed uses a skill he often uses on creeps and it causes all future creeps to have diminished health".

They should have an internal team set up where each champion is played in at least 1 match. If you have a team of 10 testers, they only need to play 13 or so matches to get through every champion. Ideally you'd do multiple tests, but I think that if even the bare minimum was done then these things would happen a lot less often.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I guess I like this patch. Yesterday I got a pentakill with Devourer Kayle, a quadra on Morde (and only 10hp away from another penta, with both teams trying to deny it), and then I beat a devourer Kayle as jungle Shyvana going 13/3/9. The highlight of the day was carrying and winning a 3v5 as Kat on a team with no ADC or support. But yeah Kayle is just absurd now.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 14, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

He still has a 50% win rate

This is true. I feel that he's garbage because it feels like there is a timer on the game before you're useless. He doesn't have as many good targets to assassinate in the tank meta and his shadow shuriken has had a bug for the last year or two where sometimes it just doesn't do any damage.

However it looks like my feelings about Zed are probably wrong:

These graphs indicate that the more you play him the better you are [duh] and the less people that play him the better his winrate is. Also his worst win rate is from 25 to 35 minutes. Strange! Maybe the average Zed main knows how to split push and flank effectively and I don't.

fnox
May 19, 2013

I seriously would like Riot to get their poo poo together with ADCs, they seriously need to step back their nerfs to Lucian (and Kalista to a lesser degree) and make it so they can have actually meaningful itemization choices other than the order on which you get IE, Zerks, PD, BT and LW.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I don't play ranked much but like straight up, noone on OCE atleast knows how to play against Kayle, and noone expects her to do more damage as an ADC except to your whole team. Sated, Nashors, Hurricane, you're good to go. I'm pretty sure she's freelo atm, if you have any concept of jungling at all, get on the train.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

fnox posted:

I seriously would like Riot to get their poo poo together with ADCs, they seriously need to step back their nerfs to Lucian (and Kalista to a lesser degree) and make it so they can have actually meaningful itemization choices other than the order on which you get IE, Zerks, PD, BT and LW.

I would rather they buff Lucian and all the other ADCs up, and then keep nerfing Kalista until nobody plays her.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The Devourer enchant is bugged and you lose the attack speed it gives you when you have a health pot up. :riot:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

I guess I like this patch. Yesterday I got a pentakill with Devourer Kayle, a quadra on Morde (and only 10hp away from another penta, with both teams trying to deny it), and then I beat a devourer Kayle as jungle Shyvana going 13/3/9. The highlight of the day was carrying and winning a 3v5 as Kat on a team with no ADC or support. But yeah Kayle is just absurd now.

I just instantly killed the enemy mid laner with my ult and then 1vs3 killed the enemy top and support as warwick, while under their inhib turret fire.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

fnox posted:

I feel like this is going to be Riot's post-season mega-change for this year. With the Ashe rework changing how she interacts with Crit, I could see them trying a lot of different things outside the constraints of competitive balance needs. Stale itemization has been a thing for ADCs for just as long as it was with APCs, but the new item changes really seem to have brought a lot of potential build diversity to the AP role.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

fnox posted:

What are you going to be able to change, really? By nature they're a "class" that right clicks a champion to whittle their HP away. Everything else is just a move to set up prime right clicking. It's not like more ability driven champions.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Schiavona posted:

I feel like this is going to be Riot's post-season mega-change for this year. With the Ashe rework changing how she interacts with Crit, I could see them trying a lot of different things outside the constraints of competitive balance needs. Stale itemization has been a thing for ADCs for just as long as it was with APCs, but the new item changes really seem to have brought a lot of potential build diversity to the AP role.

they actually chatted this a while ago, ideally they would have a situation where crit wasn't actually crit, but a mechanic modifier that's individual for each champ, going like:

- ashe deals x% more damage to slowed targets
- vayne's silver bolts do x% max health damage
- kalista rend would ramp up by x%
and so on

(those weren't the examples they gave but that's what they implied)

it would be really good for the game, but it would be an absolutely huge overhaul and would take forever. it would definitely make ADCs feel a lot different and unique though, which would be nice..

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wouldn't that pidgeonhole specific characters into specific builds unless they did something for every character in the game? I mean I'm not saying I *want* to play AD Janna but...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I hate crits and would prefer they were gotten rid of in all games. But people love seeing big bold numbers that are larger than other numbers. It's the way of the gaming world.

When you watch a competitive match and two guys have to duel to the death in a split up team fight with the exact same item build and one of them rolls 5 crits and the other one rolls 2 crits you are like "oh yeah he got outplayed"

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Man old Lucian was fun as gently caress to play. If they undid some of the stupid harsh nerfs he got I'd so play the hell out of him again

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Mackers posted:

Man old Lucian was fun as gently caress to play. If they undid some of the stupid harsh nerfs he got I'd so play the hell out of him again

just play graves

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Libertine posted:

I hate crits and would prefer they were gotten rid of in all games. But people love seeing big bold numbers that are larger than other numbers. It's the way of the gaming world.

When you watch a competitive match and two guys have to duel to the death in a split up team fight with the exact same item build and one of them rolls 5 crits and the other one rolls 2 crits you are like "oh yeah he got outplayed"

Hasn't Riot been specifically trying to remove all randomness from the game over time? I didn't play in the days of dodge but from what I've seen over the time I've played is they've deliberately removed more and more random things. The issue with crit chance is that it's basically core for ADCs and you can't change that all that much without dramatically changing the role. I kind of feel like Ashe's changes were "hey let's see if we can completely remove random crits in some way." And it worked; her new kit is cool and good and I like it.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Roland Jones posted:

Just went against LeBlanc mid as Viktor; remembering LeBlanc being utterly awful to deal with when I played before, while the game was loading I checked a couple of Viktor guides to see how they rated the matchup. One declared her to be easy, the other a really hard matchup (though not an outright counter). Actually playing it out it was... Really easy. Basically a game of "if she disappears, Q anything in range immediately to shield before she explodes in my face, then zap her" to win every trade, and hitting her with a death ray at some point in these exchanges only furthered my advantage. Killed her, then doubled her and Pantheon later, then did it again. She never got off the ground; is this standard LeBlanc, or was I just facing a really bad one? I remember hearing that she's only a problem if she snowballs, which definitely was prevented here.

Tangentially, I've been having a lot of fun with Viktor since getting back into the game; he was already one of my favorite AP mids, but so far I've done extremely well every single game I've played with him, with even my one loss with him racking up quite the kill count. Liking the changes he's received too.

Edit: A link, because why not.

The Leblanc/Viktor matchup is rough for Leblanc, just like every other matchup, because Leblanc is total garbage right now.

And when your opponent gets 30 CS in 20 minutes and rushes homeguard sorc shoes and sells her doran's ring during one back without buying anything in return it has nothing to do with the matchup and everything with your opponent not knowing how to play.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I was just dicking around in a bot game on Twitch and I think Tahm and Twitch seems like it would be a fun pairing. Tahm can eat guys who are on Twitch to give him a second to pop stealth and re-engage. It looks like Twitch's poison stacks stay on people while they are inside of Tahm. At one point Tahm ate a Fiddlesticks Bot and it was spinning around inside of him with the poison stacks making like a cyclone around Tahm and then he came out and we finished him. You can see the stacks outside of Tahm's model when he has a poisoned person inside of him.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I feel like that lane would get demolished by anything short of like Taric/Ezreal

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Libertine posted:

I was just dicking around in a bot game on Twitch and I think Tahm and Twitch seems like it would be a fun pairing. Tahm can eat guys who are on Twitch to give him a second to pop stealth and re-engage. It looks like Twitch's poison stacks stay on people while they are inside of Tahm. At one point Tahm ate a Fiddlesticks Bot and it was spinning around inside of him with the poison stacks making like a cyclone around Tahm and then he came out and we finished him. You can see the stacks outside of Tahm's model when he has a poisoned person inside of him.

pretty much any persistent effect that isn't stopped by stasis continues to function if Tahm eats someone. I've eaten mundos with their W on and it continues to function on and around you. Theoretically you could do something silly like save an ult'd Swain and just let him heal up off the enemy team while you chase them.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Hasn't Riot been specifically trying to remove all randomness from the game over time? I didn't play in the days of dodge but from what I've seen over the time I've played is they've deliberately removed more and more random things. The issue with crit chance is that it's basically core for ADCs and you can't change that all that much without dramatically changing the role. I kind of feel like Ashe's changes were "hey let's see if we can completely remove random crits in some way." And it worked; her new kit is cool and good and I like it.

Riot really hates randomness, yes, while Dota has characters built around it, it's one of the big differences in approach between the two. Removing crit though seems kind of... questionable to me. You can shift things around so they do the same damage overall in the end, but I think you lose something in the process.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

blah_blah posted:

The Leblanc/Viktor matchup is rough for Leblanc, just like every other matchup, because Leblanc is total garbage right now.

And when your opponent gets 30 CS in 20 minutes and rushes homeguard sorc shoes and sells her doran's ring during one back without buying anything in return it has nothing to do with the matchup and everything with your opponent not knowing how to play.

Ahahaha, oh dang, wow, I didn't notice that. Yeah, jeez. That's bad.

SaffronKit posted:

pretty much any persistent effect that isn't stopped by stasis continues to function if Tahm eats someone. I've eaten mundos with their W on and it continues to function on and around you. Theoretically you could do something silly like save an ult'd Swain and just let him heal up off the enemy team while you chase them.

Does this include eating an enemy Singed with his poison on? Because if so that's hilarious.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Firebert posted:

I feel like that lane would get demolished by anything short of like Taric/Ezreal

I mean yeah, you shouldn't pick either Twitch or Tahm right now if you want to win a lane/game, but if I were to play either, I think they both have some fun interactions together.

SaffronKit posted:

I had no idea that was the case. Does it change based on whether an ally or enemy is eaten?

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

SaffronKit posted:

If tahm eats someone and then zhonyas do they also get zhonyas?

Basically can I give a swain 6 seconds of invulnerability and free ult procs? This is important.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Lord of Hats posted:

Riot really hates randomness, yes, while Dota has characters built around it, it's one of the big differences in approach between the two. Removing crit though seems kind of... questionable to me. You can shift things around so they do the same damage overall in the end, but I think you lose something in the process.

I think what they're trying to go for is pure mechanical strategy with no luck at all, beyond of course getting matched with or against dipshits.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So if Tahm eats Fiddle during ult, it's a Frogstorm

If Tahm eats a Fiddle who has Rylai's during ult, it's an IceFrogstorm

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Magres posted:

... you've gone too far. They've gone too far. Shut it down, shut the League down.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Magres posted:

Riot Games posted:

Patch 5.14

Items

Rylai's Crystal Scepter

-No Underhanded Competition: No longer slows if used by a Fiddlesticks swallowed by Tahm Kench while ulting.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Tahm is pretty fun, but he feels a little weak because he absolutely requires both his team and the enemy team to be just the right mix or else he is just worthless.

He can't start any 5vs5 fights by himself, you require a second tank to be initiator on your team which is hard in the world of devourer junglers, it's also rather hard to 3 stack anyone in a 5vs5 fight for the stuns and W, which means the enemy team needs to have someone who you can screw over by devouring a ally instead of enemies, like stopping a Vi ult or any delayed single target *gently caress You* ults.

It's also disappointing he doesn't get any damage bonuses for 3 stacking someone besides being able to W and Q stun, and that his ult isn't very helpful in starting a teamfight because it's telegraphed way further in advance compared to any other global teleport, without any shielding or damaging effects on arrival, absolutely requires you to have someone nasty on your team to make use of it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 14, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Tahm is pretty fun, but he feels a little weak because he absolutely requires both his team and the enemy team to be just the right mix or else he is just worthless.

He can't start any 5vs5 fights by himself, you require a second tank to be initiator on your team which is hard in the world of devourer junglers, it's also rather hard to 3 stack anyone in a 5vs5 fight for the stuns and W, which means the enemy team needs to have someone who you can screw over by devouring a ally instead of enemies, like stopping a Vi ult or any delayed single target *gently caress You* ults.

It's also disappointing he doesn't get any damage bonuses for 3 stacking someone besides being able to W and Q stun, and that his ult isn't very helpful in starting a teamfight because it's telegraphed way further in advance compared to any other global teleport.

Yeah, I agree with this. I mean, what kind of composition would Tahm Kench excel in?

It seems like he should probably be an off-tank, which means you either run him at jungle or support, but if you can't laneswap that 2 v 2 is going to get wrecked. So I guess jungle Tahm is the way to go, but does he provide any lane pressure, like, at all? It doesn't seem like it. Maybe his E is strong enough that he's a toplaner? Running him with TP and having double-globals might be okay.

I like the champion, but it just feels like he doesn't fit into the meta right now.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Can he top lane at all? Cause yeah his lane presence is crap and his ganks are pretty mediocre, but he's got sustain in droves and I could see him bullying someone really hard in top lane

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Roland Jones posted:

Ahahaha, oh dang, wow, I didn't notice that. Yeah, jeez. That's bad.

Does this include eating an enemy Singed with his poison on? Because if so that's hilarious.

I have no idea, but since Singed's poison doesn't turn off if you CC him it might, and there's always one way to find out. :getin:

Libertine posted:

I mean yeah, you shouldn't pick either Twitch or Tahm right now if you want to win a lane/game, but if I were to play either, I think they both have some fun interactions together.

I had no idea that was the case. Does it change based on whether an ally or enemy is eaten?

It does not change I believe, as the mundo I was eating was an enemy, and I imagine the same thing would happen with an ally. The only difference would most likely be how fast you get to move.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

way to go for taking cool poo poo out of the game riot.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Magres posted:

Can he top lane at all? Cause yeah his lane presence is crap and his ganks are pretty mediocre, but he's got sustain in droves and I could see him bullying someone really hard in top lane

I've played him once top lane and it actually went well despite being total poo poo at that lane most of the time. He seems like more of a matchup guy against aggressive melee types than a general pick though

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
He seems pretty good top. The regen off his E means he'll come out on top after pretty much any trade, and the shield means you'll survive all-ins that you honestly probably shouldn't.

I feel like he works best against champs like Riven who want to capitalise on their early kill potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Saith posted:

He seems pretty good top. The regen off his E means he'll come out on top after pretty much any trade, and the shield means you'll survive all-ins that you honestly probably shouldn't.

I feel like he works best against champs like Riven who want to capitalise on their early kill potential.
In my experience he's absolutely terrible early but scales up really well. I don't think putting him against someone like Riven is a good idea at all, it's probably best to pick him into another meat wall.

Of course if the stats are any indication he's garbage everywhere right now. I've seen him do well a few times but he certainly doesn't feel like a powerhouse at the moment.

misguided rage fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 14, 2015

• Locked thread