Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, he was beating Cars with his cane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It looks really flaccid and like it's impossible to keep anybody out of your face. He also probably moves the worst of any character in the game so it really feels like there's no reason you shouldn't be able to just trounce him once you get near him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Beef Chief posted:

Can N'Doul even loving attack when not in Geb mode?

N'o.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
As slow as he moves, it's still faster than his walking animation suggests, so he slides across the floor.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why do characters have three health bars? This game's damage values are already super low and the original demo had it taking too long to beat the opponent as it was.Why did they think giving every character more health and not fixing how much damage each character does was a good idea?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Why do characters have three health bars? This game's damage values are already super low and the original demo had it taking too long to beat the opponent as it was.Why did they think giving every character more health and not fixing how much damage each character does was a good idea?

That's something that was pointed out in the "what we changed video" but no reason was given from what I know so I guess it's to either make your damage level seem more clear and your HP values are the same or they're extremely bad at making the game fun. It's one of the fan changes though.

I suppose the point of N'Doul is that he's a wimp up close, but Geb doesn't look especially dangerous to balance that out and the vision makes navigating seem very difficult.

I probably won't have access to my PS4 around the time demo 2 comes out so I won't be able to share my hands on opinions of it, but I'm sure Beef will adequately and articulately explain why it's so poo poo if he finds himself in a masochistic enough mood to actually try it out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to try out the demo because it's free and I am legally obligated to play every CC2 game since I had the nerve to enjoy the Naruto Ultimate Ninja games and kinda sorta, but not really .hack GU as a teenager.

Except when I have to pay for them.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

unrelated to anything but i bought/played all 4 .hack// games when i was in high school

i didnt even like the anime :( i dont know why i did it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A JoJo game as good as the last Naruto Storm game I played (UNS2) would be satisfactory to me.

It wasn't a GOTY candidate, deep or anything of the sort, but it was enjoyable enough until you got bored of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, the Storm games are actually pretty alright. They're not in-depth fighting games even though CC2 has been trying to hone them to be ones, but they are pretty fun and the boss fights in story mode are genuinely fantastic. I wouldn't call them great games, but they're a good romp for 20 bucks. Asura's Wrath is the closest thing to a good game I will ever give CC2 credit for and I don't know how much of that is Capcom's influence and how much is their own.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think a JoJo game that follows the manga or anime nowadays with the sort of story presentation the Naruto games worked in would be neat. You'd have to scale back the game to only have parts 1-3 and then 4-6 or something though.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Beef Chief posted:

It looks really flaccid and like it's impossible to keep anybody out of your face. He also probably moves the worst of any character in the game so it really feels like there's no reason you shouldn't be able to just trounce him once you get near him.

It seemed like N'Doul had some kind of counter move that knocked Kars down / away form him - and that Geb had some kind of move that instantly returned him in front of N'Doul. It was a bit hard to tell, but I'd wager that if someone is getting in your face you can use those tools to help give yourself some breathing room - but who knows how well those will work if someone is super determined to stay up in your grill.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CodfishCartographer posted:

It seemed like N'Doul had some kind of counter move that knocked Kars down / away form him

that was his lovely cane combo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A Jotaro/Kakyoin vs Kars/Dio fight from the new demo, rather than it being N'Doul. Pretty sure it's an online vs fight too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgUyNH5r3pw

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That does look better than the N'doul fight, I'll give it that.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
The Ninja Storm games are basically the exact definition of pick it up if you see it in the bargain bin and fight your pals so I imagine eoh is exactly the same

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Only if it is genuinely quite significantly improved will it be at that level. That fight with Jotaro/Kak does look better. The slow motion events during the fights are lessened quite significantly based on this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Million Ghosts posted:

The Ninja Storm games are basically the exact definition of pick it up if you see it in the bargain bin and fight your pals so I imagine eoh is exactly the same

This looks worse than legit every single Ninja Storm game that has ever been put out and doesn't even have the benefit that ASB did of being style over substance and doing the style parts very well. This game looks like a lovely assets reuse and now with the new changes they made it might even be slower and grosser to play than ASB, something I thought was not possible.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I never caught that Jotaro stops time twice in the DIO fight until I saw the anime finale.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He does?

All I ever saw it as was him stopping time while under the road roller. The time we see SP do the after-effects rainbow stuff is when SP is stopping the time stop, not causing another.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

maybe they're fans of bad games like killer instinct?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That game looks like garbage. The graphics are abysmally bad for a current-generation game and the gameplay looks awful.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This game looks terrible but if it gets an English release I'll probably buy it because I am a dumb.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stop buying lovely video games at full price

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My apologies.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Beef Chief posted:

This looks worse than legit every single Ninja Storm game that has ever been put out and doesn't even have the benefit that ASB did of being style over substance and doing the style parts very well. This game looks like a lovely assets reuse and now with the new changes they made it might even be slower and grosser to play than ASB, something I thought was not possible.

Oh no I agree 100% I'm just saying if you can score it for $10 you may as well

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the artstyle looks weird when used the way it is in eyes of heaven. someone just get platinum to make a jojo's game already

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I already bought ASB. Twice. Eyes of Heaven is off the table.

Call me when they're making good Jojo games again.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Did you ever play the part 5 game? It's not that bad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's actually really good

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I have not played it, unfortunately.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember that part 1 game where they tried translating the art of phantom blood to 3D and it looked like poo poo and played like poo poo and was poo poo

but you could play as speedwagon, and everybody else too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Phantom Blood game is the worst JoJo game ever game and this is coming from someone who vehemently despises ASB and Eyes of Heaven.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Beef Chief posted:

Phantom Blood game is the worst JoJo game ever game and this is coming from someone who vehemently despises ASB and Eyes of Heaven.

How is that possible!?

Dish out the details Chief. That's pretty strong.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've not played the PS2 gen games, but I've heard that if it has a 3D model, you can play as it in PB.

This means you can play as standout JoJo legends such as "Brat A" (stole Erina's doll) and "Policeman" (the ones who shoot Dio).

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Can you play as the Aztec vampire priest from the prologue?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah.

Harefield Terrace
Jul 15, 2015

Happy and I know it

Bad Seafood posted:

I already bought ASB. Twice. Eyes of Heaven is off the table.

Call me when they're making good Jojo games again.

I've got a friend who's likely going to get Eyes of Heaven when it comes out. I'll see what it's like then.

Haven't played a Jojo game since the PSX. As much as I want to try something new I'd rather wait for a friend to take the plunge than spend the money myself.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Incredible.

Too bad the game itself sounds awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
does dario have a 3d model

I wanna play as dario going around stealing peoples' jewelry and hten getting put in jail for it several months later