Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

I'm surprised more QBs that suck don't switch to WR (Hell, Tebow is big enough to be a TE). Who was the last one to do it before Pryor? Isaiah Stanback?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

seiferguy posted:

I'm surprised more QBs that suck don't switch to WR (Hell, Tebow is big enough to be a TE). Who was the last one to do it before Pryor? Isaiah Stanback?

Wait, the Cowboys drafted Stanback in the 4th round? :stonk:

During their NFL Career? Joe Webb

Tons of college QBs made to jump into NFL as WR though

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

seiferguy posted:

only the greatest miniature WR ever, Julian Edleman.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Collin Klein of the famously bloody elbows tried to switch to TE a couple of years ago. Got an invite to Texans camp but didn't make it, I think he's already flushed out of the CFL at this point :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
There's also Bert Emanuel but no one remembers him

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

Not many QBs are full-time athletes with that kind of ability. That's why Pryor and Kaep are such freaks of nature. Guys like AJ McCarron or Aaron Murray just don't have what it takes to make it on the field.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

evilweasel posted:

only the greatest miniature WR ever, Julian Edleman.

He's got a pretty good passing record in the NFL :c00l:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

seiferguy posted:

because if you're a poo poo qb you can make at least 6 figures a year holding a clipboard and not do grueling drills in practice/camp

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Your quotes on panel 4 are mismatched :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sour Diesel posted:

because if you're a poo poo qb you can make at least 6 figures a year holding a clipboard and not do grueling drills in practice/camp

Or they can't loving catch

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

seiferguy posted:

The Panthers drafted college QB Armanti Edwards and tried to convert him to WR and special teams.

It was not a good move.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Or they can't loving catch

or run routes or block or know how to use their bodies to get open

people act like switching positions at the highest level of football is easy :psyberger:

"you're a bad QB? just learn a new position from scratch!"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

people act like switching positions at the highest level of football is easy :psyberger:

You threw to those guys in college right? Well now you'll be doing the catching, no problem!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

They're millionaires, they should know how to do all that and more if you ask me :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shath Hole posted:

They're millionaires, they should know how to do all that and more if you ask me :colbert:

I want to see Matt Ryan play wr now

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Metapod posted:

Vick2Ryan, make it happen

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mel Mudkiper posted:

When my posting quality begins to wane I am going to off myself like Hemingway
Something that has always been sitting at rock-bottom can't really wane, can it?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

He's gotten to be pretty loving mobile at the QB position the last year or two, after having played behind an O-Line of such poo poo caliber.

That being said he would be the worst wide receiver on the team since rookie Roddy almost ate himself out of football.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

He's gotten to be pretty loving mobile at the QB position the last year or two, after having played behind an O-Line of such poo poo caliber.

That being said he would be the worst wide receiver on the team since rookie Roddy almost ate himself out of football.

gently caress wide out, put him at TE!

Nov 6, 2002

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This is a nice pass defensed, don't know what it's supposed to say about Tebow?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chilichimp posted:

The ball bounced off his helmet.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chilichimp posted:

Tebow wasn't supposed to be defending it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

The ball bounced off his helmet.

It looks like it was knocked away by the defender and the defender then hit tebow in the helmet... maybe this is just a really bad angle.

edit:

Found a better quality gif, I see it now.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Looks like a badly run route to me. A hard step and headfake for an upfield cut would have frozen then defender and knocked back on his heels, then a sharp cut to the sidelines would have left him wide open for an easy completion.

As it was he just lazily rounded it off, making it obvious where he was going and thus easy to break up the pass.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Mark Sanchez throwing a rope at a dudes face on a dump-off route is p hilarious.

Deteriorata posted:

Looks like a badly run route to me. A hard step and headfake for an upfield cut would have frozen then defender and knocked back on his heels, then a sharp cut to the sidelines would have left him wide open for an easy completion.

As it was he just lazily rounded it off, making it obvious where he was going and thus easy to break up the pass.

I don't think he had the time to do any of that, man, he didn't even have time to turn around.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I was going to say, yeah not a great route but when I think Mark Sanchez I think locking into a quick out pre-snap and throwing a pick-6.

Nov 6, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

Mark Sanchez throwing a rope at a dudes face on a dump-off route is p hilarious.

I like to imagine that it was 3rd and 10.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Let he who says Mark Sanchez is a competent QB, unaffected in Tebow's success or failure, be the first to say Tebow was a poo poo tight end on that one play.

Nov 6, 2002

Well let's see. Maybe Sanchez can do better.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Drew Brees once caught a TD pass from LaDainian Tomlinson

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Tebow probably can't play TE but I don't see how changing to RB would be a big leap for him. He might have value as an RB too, since defenses would have to keep in mind he can still throw the ball.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Tebow probably can't play TE but I don't see how changing to RB would be a big leap for him. He might have value as an RB too, since defenses would have to keep in mind he can still throw the ball.

When did he learn how to do that?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

Every offseason where he apparently fixes his throwing motion

Nov 6, 2002

The better passer: LtD or Tebow?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

Every offseason where he apparently fixes his throwing motion

Remember when he was learning tai chi to do that

lol

Chichevache posted:

I was like "when did Ross get such a strong burn game" and then I remembered the switch

Goddamn its still confusing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

https://youtu.be/HByT3b_zAJA

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

NC-17 posted:

The better passer: LtD or Tebow?

poo poo, Sidney Rice showed he is a better passer than Tebow in a game Tebow played in.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

pangstrom posted:

Tebow made me less of a fan to some extent, too. Not that I hated him but I thought he sucked and would not improve and argued with my friends and family about it and got so much smug poo poo when they beat Pittsburgh because the guy managed to w..i..n..d u..p and hurl a single accurate pass 20 yards in OT that I had very mixed feelings about everything and it was may more confusing than just being a fan should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Well let's see. Maybe Sanchez can do better.

This gif never gets old, it's still just as beautiful as the first day we met :allears:

• Locked thread