Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
to boldly go where only thermometers have gone before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

it's funny because he was a pedophile

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/comments/3d5ai7/where_can_an_adult_learn_how_to_ride_a_bike/

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that pittsburgh paragliding guy is a subreddit hero.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:laffo:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

srsly check out his history: https://www.reddit.com/user/pghparagliding

all he does is offer people rides and poo poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/comments/3ahd1j/good_swing_sets_around_oakland/

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Citizen Tayne posted:

His five year mission: To explore five year olds.

'I'm really into The Next Generation'

Apr 7, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

srsly check out his history: https://www.reddit.com/user/pghparagliding

all he does is offer people rides and poo poo

That guy is way too nice at a considerable risk to his own person.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Citizen Tayne posted:

Superstar poster A Goddamned Red mentioned that he worked "within RPG range" of where Air Force One lands, and deafbypills reported the post to the Secret Service.

i think this was on the first page of a thread called "goon project: let's assassinate the 44th president of the united states, barack obama" or something like that

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

NoneMoreNegative posted:

'I'm really into The Next Generation'
puts a whole new spin on "deep space nine"

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

fart simpson posted:

i think this was on the first page of a thread called "goon project: let's assassinate the 44th president of the united states, barack obama" or something like that

still makes me lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/comments/39vnhf/my_friend_is_stranded_in_bellevue/cs6x17w

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Space-Pope posted:

lol palms were spit when O'Brian's waifu became a loli

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Space-Pope posted:

star trek: boyager

Apr 7, 2003

rip, a better man than i.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

lol that grammar argument half way down

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

rip, a better man than i.

life's too short

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:secret service knocks on door: ... who is preg net

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/comments/3da6fg/does_anyone_have_a_samsung_galaxy_note_ii/

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

did anyone post about how the ex-ceo called out the current ceo on reddit?

yishan was the CEO before Pao. kn0wthing is Alexis Ohanian, the co-founder.

[–]yishan [Δ] 4636 points 1 day agox2
I'm glad redditors have started to piece together all of this. Here's the only thing you're missing:

It travels upstream, except when it comes from the CEO's boss.

Alexis wasn't some employee reporting to Pao, he was the Executive Chairman of the Board, i.e. Pao's boss. He had different ideas for AMAs, he didn't like Victoria's role, and decided to fire her. Pao wasn't able to do anything about it. In this case it shouldn't have traveled upstream to her, it came from above her.

Then when the hate-train started up against Pao, Alexis should have been out front and center saying very clearly "Ellen Pao did not make this decision, I did." Instead, he just sat back and let her take the heat. That's a stunning lack of leadership and an incredibly lovely thing to do.

I actually asked that he be on the board when I joined; I used to respect Alexis Ohanian. After this, not quite so much.

[–]kn0thing [A] -3287 points 1 day ago*
It saddens me to hear you say this, Yishan.
I did report to her, we didn't handle it well, and again, I apologize.
edit: I can't comment on the specifics.

[–]yishan [Δ] 3274 points 1 day ago*
I can lighten up a bit based on /u/kickme444 's comment/clarification above given that in-one-capacity you weren't her boss, but I am still extremely disappointed in you.

It wasn't "we didn't handle it well" - Ellen actually handled things very well, and with quite a bit of grace given the prejudices arrayed against her and the situation she was put in - you didn't handle it well. There was tremendous amounts of unnecessary damage done as a result, and we are only able to say that things might turn out ok because Huffman agreed to return and take up the mantle.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
lol @ the idea that the chair of the board would report to the interim ceo who didn't handpick the board majority

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

graph posted:

:secret service knocks on door: ... who is preg net

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

mccaine will never be forgiven for killing lf

death to america

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

still makes me lol

same

early lf was the best tho under bush the lesser

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

qirex posted:

mccaine will never be forgiven for killing lf

i never saw it personally, but i've heard that somewhere out there is a mccaine post where he didn't shoehorn in the fact that he was gay

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sweevo posted:

i never saw it personally, but i've heard that somewhere out there is a mccaine post where he didn't shoehorn in the fact that he was gay

he was probably too busy pretending to care about brown people

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

vodkat posted:

there is a reason SA is still around and is good

lel

Wintering Stinkbug posted:

What killed the forums was Ozma and the mods she chose

it's like someone at reddit saw what happened to SA and said "hell loving no"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hail, internaut! what news of sjws do you bring us today?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i had mccaine on aim and he always brought up the fact that he was gay whenever we'd have a conversation

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
:quig:

Apr 7, 2003

OSI bean dip posted:

i had mccaine on aim and he always brought up the fact that he was gay whenever we'd have a conversation

what a masterful troll he was, way ahead of his time.

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

I had sex with a 32-year old at 16. SA is run by SJWs. Liking 16-year olds is not pedophilia. I hate your pronoun. I like young boys. I donate to the NAACP and probably NAMBLA too.

fart simpson posted:

counterpoint: the forums arent dead.

Even from three years ago the number of posts per day (excluding GBS) are way down.

Banning an otherwise funny poster for their terrible opinions on gender re-assignment surgery in order to push some kind of political agenda was the first time I noticed that the modding had changed. For like four years it didn't matter if you made funny content if your political/social views didn't line up with the mod team. And there was some kind of feminist hit squad I discovered just for posting the fact that women can be abusers too.

40% of the USA has terrible opinions. Banning and probating them simply because you have the power to do so was stupid.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Even from three years ago the number of posts per day (excluding GBS) are way down.

Banning an otherwise funny poster for their terrible opinions on gender re-assignment surgery in order to push some kind of political agenda was the first time I noticed that the modding had changed. For like four years it didn't matter if you made funny content if your political/social views didn't line up with the mod team. And there was some kind of feminist hit squad I discovered just for posting the fact that women can be abusers too.

40% of the USA has terrible opinions. Banning and probating them simply because you have the power to do so was stupid.

soucre your quotes

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

feminist hit squad

namechange plz

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

tell me about the femenazis, stinkbug

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

40% of the USA has terrible opinions

i suspect i will be completely unsurprised which 40% you think that is

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

those are some brave opinions you have there

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ok whose rereg are you

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

cmon you can't post poo poo like that without backing it up. give us the goods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

counterpoint: :getout:

• Locked thread