Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Nckdictator posted:

Help, I'm vaguely excited about a skin.

I do believe I have a bat in my belfry.

Crappy Jack posted:

When they said it came with Batman Returns-inspired tracks, I thought they meant they were adding a couple of Danny Elfman songs to the soundtrack.

I did too, but goddamit we worked hard on that billion-dollar gadget on wheels :v:.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I really hope that the movie Batmobile isn't just for the racetracks.

VVV
only just because it's so differently...shaped. I'm sure it'll be fine.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 14, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

I really hope that the movie Batmobile isn't just for the racetracks.

It isn't unless they do something weird with it. You can use all skins in story mode.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

When they said it came with Batman Returns-inspired tracks, I thought they meant they were adding a couple of Danny Elfman songs to the soundtrack.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Dick and Tim with hair is much better than what they're both rockin in the game. I switched them to New 52 for now, but Tim still looks really wrong. Batman on the furthest right is Nolan, right? I'll take that one since the cowl didn't get brought with it.

Its the origins suit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

I rea dit that way as well. but nope just poo poo batmobile races

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't unless they do something weird with it. You can use all skins in story mode.

This makes me sad considering they threw the 60s Bat's paint on the regular in game Batmobile.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I'd really like to see how they retrofitted it to contain the big-rear end passenger hold in the back, then.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 14, 2015

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

redbackground posted:

I'd really like to see how they retrofitted it to contain the big-rear end passenger hold in the back, then.

I hope they don't, but they keep all the animations the same, so bad guys just hover in the air, rotate and then blink out of existence.

My gut still tells me you're only able to drive this Batmobile for those races because so far everything about the DLC has been disappointing.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
If they offer combat challenges and predator maps for the other playable characters id be really happy. I'm giving up hope for a good story based DLC like origins had.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Funky Valentine posted:

Ahahahahaha, that's a Damian Wayne skin for Tim.

Tt.

Where?

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Diabetic posted:

This makes me sad considering they threw the 60s Bat's paint on the regular in game Batmobile.

I wonder if that's due to Ford licensing.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'll picturing the Keaton batmobile scuttling like a crab around on the movie studios rooftops and that is not a good look for it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ImpAtom posted:

Not the Jokermobile

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Ometeotl posted:

Not the Jokermobile

Not without that mod anyway, speaking of which, the reason why I'm pretty sure is because it has no passenger animation, people in seats just clip though stuff.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

SonicRulez posted:

Dick and Tim with hair is much better than what they're both rockin in the game. I switched them to New 52 for now, but Tim still looks really wrong. Batman on the furthest right is Nolan, right? I'll take that one since the cowl didn't get brought with it.

Batman in the middle of the costumes there is TDK Origins suit (the one you unlock from doing a bunch of challenges in AO). It's the Origins Suit but darker and with a gold/bronze-plated belt whereas the Origins suit is mostly black/grey.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sober posted:

Batman in the middle of the costumes there is TDK Origins suit (the one you unlock from doing a bunch of challenges in AO). It's the Origins Suit but darker and with a gold/bronze-plated belt whereas the Origins suit is mostly black/grey.

Makes sense why I like it then, that's the suit I used in Origins as well once I'd unlocked it. I like the black on black. drat it when is this DLC dropping? I'm bored and I want to punch things with Robin.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, that's how the Batmobile should have looked the entire time. The current one is okay, but it's not...Batmanish enough.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's mook chatter about how they miss the old Art Deco batmobile. It shot at them less.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

Not the Jokermobile

I still think this is one of the biggest gently caress Yous the game has done yet, especially since they put it alongside every other thing you can reskin in the Showcase and say "not just a hallucination anymore"

JackDarko posted:

If they offer combat challenges and predator maps for the other playable characters id be really happy. I'm giving up hope for a good story based DLC like origins had.

I had hoped they'd address this sooner but since it's not coming till probably after August then I'm not optimistic. Will people really give a poo poo by September? All the other better games will start dropping by then

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
All DLC trophies. Just need to get the one for NG+'s ending, fifteen combat moves and five perfect drone shots in a row. :byodood:

Pleases the spergier part of my brain that the completion counter goes up to 200%.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Batgirl is up on the US PSN store, should be ready to play when I get home. It sucks that it's so short, but I'm a whore for these games so I will be happy for more gameplay. Is there at least a decent amount of dual play with robin?

Medium Cool fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 14, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Medium Cool posted:

Batgirl is up on the US store, should be ready to play when I get home. It sucks that it's so short, but I'm a whore for these games so I will be happy for more gameplay. Is there at least a decent amount of dual play with robin?

There aren't any rumors/whatever about Batgirl skins, are there? I'm not saying that a 66 Batgirl skin would be the best thing buuuuuut

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

redbackground posted:

There aren't any rumors/whatever about Batgirl skins, are there? I'm not saying that a 66 Batgirl skin would be the best thing buuuuuut

Does the DLC not come with any?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Chasiubao posted:

Does the DLC not come with any?

Batgirl doesn't even show up in the showcase.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

redbackground posted:

There was a leak mentioning skins that would be coming out, and Batgirl skins were definitely mentioned. I'm stunned that they're not coming out with this, though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Medium Cool posted:

Is there at least a decent amount of dual play with robin?

Several combat encounters and the final boss fight. It's a bit light all around unfortunately.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

I'm pretty sure 66 batgirl was listed in the DLC leak.

poptart_fairy posted:

Several combat encounters and the final boss fight. It's a bit light all around unfortunately.

If it's at least as long as the movie studios sequence in the main game, I'll be happy. That was my favorite part of the game. It's a crime we only got one dual predator room.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Batgirl pack is about 2 hours long. Maybe more if you do the post-story collectible hunting. And it's structured kind of similarly to the movie studio segment, so that's nice.

I also really liked how they handled the fear takedown system, and didn't realise how they had done it til near the end. Babs can scare the thugs with her hacking gizmo (making lights go out, speakers make noise, etc) and that gets you the chance to do some chain takedowns, which is probably a better way of dealing with it than how it's done in the main game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, in retrospect, the 'fear" mechanic really should have been more involved than "do a silent takedown."

Have "fear" be a thing that builds up with variety and not getting caught. If you get caught you lose it or lose a chunk of it or whatever. Make it the Predator version of Takedowns only with more reward for variety. It'd be a lot better if it felt earned instead of "eh, multi->silent->multi->silent."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm trying really hard to not be completely let down by the DLC of this game, but it's a losing battle. Batgirl is in the tank, I'll beat it after work. Hopefully playing it will help. The fact that we only got one Dual Predator and it was only with Robin is criminal.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, in retrospect, the 'fear" mechanic really should have been more involved than "do a silent takedown."

Have "fear" be a thing that builds up with variety and not getting caught. If you get caught you lose it or lose a chunk of it or whatever. Make it the Predator version of Takedowns only with more reward for variety. It'd be a lot better if it felt earned instead of "eh, multi->silent->multi->silent."
Yeah it's sort of a shame that the Fear Takedown just trumps takedown variety and rewards just going silent, maybe setting up a gadget trap to clump them together and then chaining 3-5 of them down. Especially with the amount of variety of takedowns in AC/AO/AK.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Nckdictator posted:

Help, I'm vaguely excited about a skin.

Damnit, PC version. My inner child is exploding to get this skin. Oh sweet, 1989 Batmobile! Oh, sweet, 15 FPS, driving it!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Dual play should have been the focus instead of the batmobile, no question. It feels way more like Batman than the giant tank does. I'll admit I enjoy the Batmobile stuff but it doesn't feel very Batman-y.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Batmobile really does work better as just a way for Batman to get from place to place extremely fast without all the tank poo poo, imo. But then, in these games he can straight-up fly, so that application of it is completely useless. :\

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There's game overs where you can just sit back and watch Harley shoot Tim or Penguin shoot Nightwing.

And then on the game over screen, Penguin pretty much calls you a dick for sitting there the whole time. :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do find it funny that this Batgirl pack is the first time the game franchise has ever had Harley in her original Timm design.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I do find it funny that this Batgirl pack is the first time the game franchise has ever had Harley in her original Timm design.

And it still looks better than her bizarre gothic lolita fetishwear from this game.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Gaz-L posted:

I'm sure someone got fired for breaking the long standing tradition of terrible Harley costumes that DC has upheld for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ImpAtom posted:

I did wonder if the original intent was for it to build up gradually like if the enemies come across one of their buddies KO'd their fear level would rise and as a result so would your meter, but that after testing they found it didn't really work because there was an announcer always directing them to the latest body and that the usefulness of the fear takedown would decrease the more guys you silently took out.

It might have made it a lot more complicated (and thus difficult to pull off), but perhaps if you could only begin the fear takedown chain on a guy that was already scared. You could reason that it meant his guard was down, and then that takedown lowers the guards of the subsequent guys you take out with it. That would then introduce a reason for using a load of gadgets on the environment to increase the fear of a particular mook, lure him into range with the rest of his buddies and then use that as a way to take them all out.

It would be very Batmanesque in my opinion.

• Locked thread