Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

^burtle posted:

What do you think Yeezy did for Father's Day?

Evidently he hung out with Caitlyn Jenner and her family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lmao, Kim on NPR/wait, wait said Kanye gets jealous when North West gets gifts

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao, Kim on NPR/wait, wait said Kanye gets jealous when North West gets gifts

I love Kanye

It's impossible to parody him because he will always be even more Kanye than any joke anyone can ever come up with

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

gawker is weird

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
We're running out of room on the Kanye moments shelf.

Rolling Stone says in response to everyone petitioning to get him kicked off the Glastonbury festival for a real rock band, Kanye broke out a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody and got the whole fest singing along. Haha.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
ye and drake song snippet https://vid.me/NK0B yr monthly four seconds of swish

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Intel&Sebastian posted:

We're running out of room on the Kanye moments shelf.

Rolling Stone says in response to everyone petitioning to get him kicked off the Glastonbury festival for a real rock band, Kanye broke out a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody and got the whole fest singing along. Haha.

Yeah, I was watching it on TV last night. It was pretty bad tbh, but that could be because I hate Queen.

The show itself started off well before lagging in the middle. I'm sure if I was there, I would have loved it, but the general consensus seems to be that he should have focused more on the hits for a festival crowd. The light show was amazing, especially for a festival, where most acts trim their stage show down a bit.

There's plenty of it up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y00EqW1lWZk

Also, BBC's auto subtitle software isn't the best

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, I was watching it on TV last night. It was pretty bad tbh, but that could be because I hate Queen.

The show itself started off well before lagging in the middle. I'm sure if I was there, I would have loved it, but the general consensus seems to be that he should have focused more on the hits for a festival crowd. The light show was amazing, especially for a festival, where most acts trim their stage show down a bit.

There's plenty of it up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y00EqW1lWZk

Also, BBC's auto subtitle software isn't the best

There's a full upload on Consequence of Sound but be warned that it makes you turn Adblock off and the video player is awful and filled with lovely ads, so decide how worth it it is.

The first few songs were loving awesome with the lights hanging just above his head, starting with Stronger/Power with that lighting scheme makes him look like a loving rap superhero, and the BBC team manning the cameras knows how to make that shine.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Any idea what size of crowd he pulled?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
That was a painful performance.

Bizzy_g
Sep 3, 2004
fix up, look sharp

Mickolution posted:

Any idea what size of crowd he pulled?

the field seemed very packed, busier than metallica in the same spot last year

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Bizzy_g posted:

the field seemed very packed, busier than metallica in the same spot last year

Glad to hear it. It's usually the same whenever there's a "controversial" headliner, where they probably draw a bigger crowd because of the buzz around it. I think Jay-Z had a bigger crowd than was expected when he was there, too.

Were you there? Hope you had a blast, though it's difficult not to at Glasto :)

Bizzy_g
Sep 3, 2004
fix up, look sharp
yeah I went, really enjoyed it though most of my mates thought he was poo poo. They were expecting a ton of guest spots and a greatest hits set (especially following what Pharell did) but I loved that he made it all about him and didn't give a poo poo what people wanted, loved that he decided the pyramid stage wasn't big enough for him either so got a crane to tower over it

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Bizzy_g posted:

yeah I went, really enjoyed it though most of my mates thought he was poo poo. They were expecting a ton of guest spots and a greatest hits set (especially following what Pharell did) but I loved that he made it all about him and didn't give a poo poo what people wanted, loved that he decided the pyramid stage wasn't big enough for him either so got a crane to tower over it

That seems to be the main issue I've heard about the set and it came across on TV too. Fans would have loved it, but it wasn't the best set for a festival crowd. It's not like he has anything to prove, though.

It's always tough watching Glasto on TV and just wishing you were there, though :)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I agree only in one case. Kanye should never ever perform Runaway without Pusha T's verse.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Where's the Yeezus movie?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Silver Brushes posted:

Where's the Yeezus movie?

He did an ARG instead

Moonswamp
Feb 14, 2012
aww, Lily :kimchi:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/laurasilver/burn-haterz-burrrrrrrrn#.msR2G5Qav

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOyfWUq_214

:owned:

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Dear lord this was cringe inducing.

I love how fired up rock people are getting at Kanye's Rock star comment. Like every genre of rock hasn't been decried as awful by the other genres for being too loud/soft/angry/happy/angsty/positive, now you've got SLIPKNOT saying Kanye isn't rock.

IF you want to get all nostalgic and "IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC, MANNNN" Kanye is the ultimate rockstar, just giving completely no fucks at all, not following any rules and just doing what he wants when he wants.

Personally I'd argue he's the greatest pop star around right now but it's semantics at this point.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

teacup posted:

Dear lord this was cringe inducing.

It was accurate.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahaha Corey Taylor is lame as gently caress. this is just a crappy attempt to promote his new book.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If Kanye isn't the greatest living Rock star can someone tell me who is, because I truly can't think of anyone else who could potentially claim that title.

Rock is dead after all.

Alternate title for that video is Grown man wearing Star Wars shirt yells at black husband and father like he is a child.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 13, 2015

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Seems like the past couple of years it's been really in vogue for people to do these callouts on Kanye and it always only reads like artists out of the public eye knowing that taking a swipe at the top dog will be more clickworthy than whatever project they have going on.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

The_Rob posted:

If Kanye isn't the greatest living Rock star can someone tell me who is, because I truly can't think of anyone else who could potentially claim that title.

Rock is dead after all.

Alternate title for that video is Grown man wearing Star Wars shirt yells at black husband and father like he is a child.

To be fair black husband does behave rather childishly quite often. Doesn't make his art any less good. :shrug:
And of course angry derpy masked metal man calling anyone else childish is inherently hilarious.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I do actually want to know who a lot of these people consider to be the greatest living rock star at the moment though, because Kanye is the only person I really only ever hear people talking about.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I do actually want to know who a lot of these people consider to be the greatest living rock star at the moment though, because Kanye is the only person I really only ever hear people talking about.
Dave Grohl is in the news quite often, though I don't actually know any music he's written post Nirvana. I suppose Black Keys are the most popular band that best fits the Rock n' Roll label.

I find it funny when people complain about Kanye being narcissistic, cause it's so very much his media persona but also entirely deserved- I watch his live shows from youtube every so often and am always floored how good every. single. song. he does is.

Genre's aside, he makes good tunes, and puts on a freakin' great show. Rock on, Mr.West. Rock on.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I turn 31 next weekend and I do think kanye is a top tier rock star. Make of that what you will.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If I'm going to listen to someone's opinions about who is and is not the greatest living rockstar, I think I could pick someone better than "that guy from Slipknot. No not the one who's entire job is just to roll around on stage, the other one."

E: Also I've never seen his face before. He should keep the mask on.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I turn 31 next weekend and I do think kanye is a top tier rock star. Make of that what you will.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I get married week after that. Your move son.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

The_Rob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9WuPzOjlI??

Not entirely serious.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

TheJoker138 posted:

If I'm going to listen to someone's opinions about who is and is not the greatest living rockstar, I think I could pick someone better than "that guy from Slipknot. No not the one who's entire job is just to roll around on stage, the other one."

E: Also I've never seen his face before. He should keep the mask on.

Slipknot is terrible but at least they have self awareness unlike Kanye the gay fish. lol

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Immortan posted:

Slipknot is terrible but at least they have self awareness unlike Kanye the gay fish. lol

Kanye has recorded multiple songs about what an rear end in a top hat or sad bastard he is, so I would imagine he's more self aware than the average rock star. But, you know, good job with the dated South Park reference that was basically a non-sequitur to begin with.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Immortan posted:

how do people like you exist in 2015

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Kanye the gay fish

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Immortan posted:

lol XD! !!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Immortan posted:

Kanye is hyper self aware.

His first song back after the "Imma let you finish" was loving Runaway.

He just generally doesn't care, or his apologies don't get much run.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Thread title still accurate, I guess. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Stay in your lane Cory

• Locked thread