Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have so many super sea snails from the last splatfest I don't think I'll feel the need to become Rollercoaster King this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Any new guns coming out for splatfest?

Flex in a mirror, you're bringin em.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Become Roller Coaster King anyway, because it is the right thing to do! Fight for the glory of your team! It's not about the snails, it's about proving you're better than the other guys!

Anyway, I've been practicing with the Inkbrush off and on because I think it's a fun weapon, and I've been doing pretty decent with it! Today I did pretty darn well, in fact! Had a round where I got 800 points (my next highest scoring team mate got 400-something :v:), then another round where I got 1,015! (Buuuut my next highest scoring team mate got 450 :suicide:). We lost both times but hey at least I did awesome!

I'm only one lady with an oversized novelty paint brush. There's only so much I can do!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Flex in a mirror, you're bringin em.

:kiddo:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
For real I got twenty four super snails for fighting for Team Rock (seriously, at least Eating/Sleeping is actually a tough choice). That's 720,000G worth. I've used two.

I guess I can't complain; the grind for money when you have gear you don't like yet is a massive pain and far too slow but all the same, this feels... broken.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Mmmmhm.

I can't wait for this Splatfest! I don't even have anything specific I'm looking forward to, I guess I just want to see the nighttime plaza/maps, and all the Miiverse graffiti, and which three maps they're using....

Also, Inkbrush forever. It is the best and I don't care what anyone says. :colbert:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Still haven't voted for Eat or Sleep. Can't choose.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I want to see more rage-fueled arguments where Team Sleep spew invective at "those loving eaters" and Team Eat scoff at "pathetic sleepers".

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
We've all woken up to eat before, but whoever heard of stopping a meal to sleep?!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
While you sleep you can dream about anything though. You could even dream about eating!

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
gengar can eat dreams, go team gengar

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just sniped someone in the middle of my super jump with a roller.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fresh.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I've had someone do that to me once I couldn't help but be impressed.

Saved a teammate in walleye the other day, splatted the girl shotting at his landing spot about 1s before he landed. Even gave me a Booyah! for it :sun:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Which reminds me. Why the poo poo can't we say "Booyah!" in EU?

Why can't we have more voice commands generally? There are two whole unused Dpad buttons!

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
I'm excited for the roller coaster.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Since i mostly play with rollers, my choice was clear.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Fedule posted:

Which reminds me. Why the poo poo can't we say "Booyah!" in EU?

Why can't we have more voice commands generally? There are two whole unused Dpad buttons!

You guys didn't get the good final boss script either! It's a shame, but I've heard it's easier to do a straight translation due to all the different languages in the European region. Like you said, I do hope we see more voice commands for the other D-pad buttons though. What would people want? Someone said earlier some variation of "Thanks!" and "My bad!" would work, and I think I would be fine with those.

Also if we don't mind more strategy talk, I noticed last night a Japanese player using the Carbon Roller/Burst Bombs with triple-stacked Power-ups, and another using a Luna Blaster with the same. Apparently that's enough to take you out with 2 burst bombs that don't have to hit you directly. Has anyone else seen players doing this?

So far I think Splatoon's been doing a good job having a variety of different playstyles without being too unbalanced, and Nintendo has addressed some of the issues that have come up. I hope that we don't see a dominant strategy/load out develop.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I picked waterslides because the weather is really hot. The "I'd rather" phrasing really clarified things for me. I might select rollercoasters if it were a question of the overall superior ride in a general context, but when I'm in my scorching apartment, a waterslide is what I'd rather hop on.

I hold no ill will towards the opposite team, but I believe I will defeat them because I can defeat anybody.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Supercar Gautier posted:

I want to see more rage-fueled arguments where Team Sleep spew invective at "those loving eaters" and Team Eat scoff at "pathetic sleepers".

lol

But seriously no one do this

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

codenameFANGIO posted:

lol

But seriously no one do this

gently caress you I bet you're one of those team sleep fuckers! :bahgawd:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Internet Kraken posted:

gently caress you I bet you're one of those team sleep fuckers! :bahgawd:

A sleeper agent if you will.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"Run!" is a D-pad option I've wanted for awhile.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Something along the lines of "Incoming!" would be useful since you really don't have any way to warn your team that someone is coming from behind to wreck them.

VVV Octavio is remixing with wasabi strands, I'm not sure how you can see that and not make his dialogue completely ridiculous.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 15, 2015

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

CatsPajamas posted:

You guys didn't get the good final boss script either! It's a shame, but I've heard it's easier to do a straight translation due to all the different languages in the European region.

I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, I've seen the NA lines, and, like, okay, they're kinda funny I guess, but it just seems... I'unno... a bit much? I mean, Octavio is pretty ridiculous before he even utters a word, and I thought him having plain, straight villain talk just... rounds him out. If anything it just makes him funnier. He's also got the increasingly severe food-related threats during the fight for silly-talk anyway. In contrast, having him threaten to remix your face just seems... one-note. (I realized the pun after writing it. I will not take it back)

Or maybe the two localizations are about as good and people will like whichever they're given.

It's doubtful the lines were changed because they'd need to coexist with localizations in other languages - it's all just text, there's no technical justification for that. But NoE and NoA tend to differ in opinion sometimes when it comes to localization. Another example off the top of my head: Advance Wars Dark Conflict Days of Ruin, which by all accounts NoE ruined and NoA saved. I don't know which Splatoon translation came first though.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Cast Iron Brick posted:

big jeffery says DROP 'EM

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Cast Iron Brick posted:

So that's Slowbeef right?

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
You can neither eat NOR sleep on a rollercoaster. Checkmate.

(Whether or not you can do so on water slides is moot, I don't know why you'd even bring it up, that's not what this argument is about, shut up.)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

People pass out on rollercoasters all the time, reverse-checkmate!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Is a log flume closer to a roller coaster or a water slide?

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
I was using the inkbrush the other day and basically hiding in a corner near the opponent spawn and then just surprise attacking them. Seemed to work pretty well as I kept changing corners and while I distracted them my team easily mopped up the survivors. They kept coming down the same path instead of going another way...

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

13/f/cali posted:

its a wet roller coaster.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

13/f/cali posted:

Roller Coaster Tycoon says it's a water slide, or at least not a roller coaster.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Silver Falcon posted:

Become Roller Coaster King anyway, because it is the right thing to do! Fight for the glory of your team! It's not about the snails, it's about proving you're better than the other guys!

Anyway, I've been practicing with the Inkbrush off and on because I think it's a fun weapon, and I've been doing pretty decent with it! Today I did pretty darn well, in fact! Had a round where I got 800 points (my next highest scoring team mate got 400-something :v:), then another round where I got 1,015! (Buuuut my next highest scoring team mate got 450 :suicide:). We lost both times but hey at least I did awesome!

I'm only one lady with an oversized novelty paint brush. There's only so much I can do!

If two enemies spot you, just lay down the brush and bug out, nothing is going to catch up to you. Getting six kills and zero deaths is a pretty sweet bonus in addition to having the highest score on your team.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

This is the first Tuesday in a while where we haven't gotten new guns.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

If two enemies spot you, just lay down the brush and bug out, nothing is going to catch up to you.

If one of them has a Disruptor you're dead meat though.

Bane of every Carbon Roller and Inkbrushers existence.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Smiles posted:

If one of them has a Disruptor you're dead meat though.

Bane of every Carbon Roller and Inkbrushers existence.

Yeah, that'll mess you up pretty good alright.

Stokesy
Nov 26, 2003

G-R-A-S-P
I'm having real trouble choosing between team fat and team lazy.

On one hand I'd rather eat dessert than go to bed early. But on the other hand I'd rather sleep in than eat breakfast.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Stokesy posted:

I'm having real trouble choosing between team fat and team lazy.

On one hand I'd rather eat dessert than go to bed early. But on the other hand I'd rather sleep in than eat breakfast.

In that case, the true question this: In the middle of a long, tiresome day, would you rather (a) have a big delicious meal or (b) have a cozy relaxing nap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
what is snorlax, team food or team sleep?

• Locked thread