Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Unguided posted:

The pantheon construction missions seem to be getting harder. I can't even queue it with two talented level seven engineers.

The struggle is real.

I wouldn't be too worried about it as we are still under a week old and everyone's order is just garbage. As we all start to suck less you will get some blue engineers and the mission is cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Remb posted:

Berserker:
Leveling: Pull 3 groups at a time and use whirlwind
Talents: things that buff whirlwind
Single Target: whirlwind on cooldown
Farming: pull the whole dungeon and use whirlwind
Grouping: Make sure the supports cast damage buffs when whirlwind is up
Ultimate: This one is tricky; because the game gives you 2 buttons but they both do the same thing

Whirlwind is so not good on single targets. Fracture hits way harder. I do get mad when I go to fracture and use my impulse so it's not up for whirlwind though. I only whirlwind on impulse. I'm close to the tornado ability, I'm hoping it's sweet for AEing. Will be sad to see whirlwind go.... and probably immediately come back.

I feel like this game made the fatal mistake of being able to scale critical damage.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Critical damage is weird. It just adds the 'critical damage' much like it adds 'base damage' and 'bonus damage' — with scaling based on the ability used. This lets them tweak it just fine, but if you focus on strength + luck prioritizing critical chance over accuracy, you will start to see some serious numbers.

Once you start adding Crushing Blow on top of that, that's when things really pick up.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 15, 2015

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Bashez posted:

Whirlwind is so not good on single targets. Fracture hits way harder. I do get mad when I go to fracture and use my impulse so it's not up for whirlwind though. I only whirlwind on impulse. I'm close to the tornado ability, I'm hoping it's sweet for AEing. Will be sad to see whirlwind go.... and probably immediately come back.

I feel like this game made the fatal mistake of being able to scale critical damage.

I dunno. I use whirlwind on bosses, and it does a lot of damage :shrug:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Unguided posted:

The pantheon construction missions seem to be getting harder. I can't even queue it with two talented level seven engineers.

When you level your order, missions get harder. You should try to max all of your minions before you level your order. Blue missions give you followers which level your order. Yellow gives suppliers or ammo. Red consumes ammo for other resources. I usually get a few hundred minions short of leveling it then only run red and yellow missions for levels until my engineers and a few others are maxed.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Pvp is fun in the fact you can accept and not do anything to get a reward.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

BERGfu posted:

Pvp is fun in the fact you can accept and not do anything to get a reward.

So I can hop in, go grab a drink and take a piss and come back to free sparks?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Grimby posted:

So I can hop in, go grab a drink and take a piss and come back to free sparks?

Yes. But please do this in FFA so you're not dicking your team and likely contributing to them changing this.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Liberatore posted:

Yes. But please do this in FFA so you're not dicking your team and likely contributing to them changing this.

Oh for sure, if I'm just cannon fodder in FFA people generally aren't going to care.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Macro your guy to run around. Immersion

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
my macro is W + space bar + E

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Just hopped on for the first time. Could use an invite to the guild.
Character: Gerdalti DaGune

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I played a berserker in a mission and it was kinda hard to keep close to guys that move a lot, and guys that melee hard deal lots of damage. They do lots of damage though. I can't decide which starter class I want to focus on :(

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

vandalism posted:

I played a berserker in a mission and it was kinda hard to keep close to guys that move a lot, and guys that melee hard deal lots of damage. They do lots of damage though. I can't decide which starter class I want to focus on :(

you can't go wrong with paladin because even if you hate the class, their symbol is one of the best (if not the best) so you take that on with you to your next one

Joshie
Oct 29, 2001

MAYOR OF PIGTOWN
I'd like to contribute to the greater good while making my statue look prettier. Name: Yap Snap

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

vandalism posted:

Most of the melee enemies actually deal their damage in large chunks, which you can avoid. See that guy putting his sword up? Circle around him. The enemies that 'enrage' by turning red and attacking repeatedly can be interrupted before they do so. Swarms do mostly unavoidable damage but a Berserker shouldn't have much trouble with them.

It was tough going from my virtually unkillable Paladin to my Slayer, who has to rely far more on actually avoiding getting hit. But eventually something clicked and I'm loving it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Liberatore posted:

Most of the melee enemies actually deal their damage in large chunks, which you can avoid. See that guy putting his sword up? Circle around him. The enemies that 'enrage' by turning red and attacking repeatedly can be interrupted before they do so. Swarms do mostly unavoidable damage but a Berserker shouldn't have much trouble with them.

It was tough going from my virtually unkillable Paladin to my Slayer, who has to rely far more on actually avoiding getting hit. But eventually something clicked and I'm loving it.

I didn't want anyone to say anything about the "Hard hitting mobs". Motherfuckers telegraph their bashes very obviously so people need some time alone with themselves to weed out their inner suck. I watched a guy in Lanbar Catacombs take the wave attack from the final boss every time and said it would be fine because they are paladin. He died not soon after.

The game is all about avoiding damage as much as possible. There are only a few attacks that are almost sure hits but those attacks are normally very small and manageable if you have been learning your five "D"s of dodge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18ASBsQfXnw

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 14, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Avoiding damage is important, the nice thing about the Berzerker is that he is also able to close fast again once he dashed away from his victim, or just move from enemy to enemy while avoiding the heavy melee attacks of one guy. I'm really enjoying the mobility of this class.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

If Berzerker has reasonably high mobility then I am definitely going to focus on it first. It sounds like a lot of fun if you enjoy melee and dodging.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16pYzXRZJp0

This guy has some good pro tips.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

... Does his health bar read 191 thousand?!?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

WarLocke posted:

... Does his health bar read 191 thousand?!?

He is a God son. You gonna say that Gods have low HP?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The guy suggest not to spend Sparks of Evolution to unlock the Insight parts of a new class. I have 1300 of those saved up I planned on spending on Slayer when I unlock it so I can make more progress in the global atlas, should I just throw them in my Paladin instead?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Still looking for a guild/clan invite. Ingame as Gerdalti DaGune

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Demicol posted:

The guy suggest not to spend Sparks of Evolution to unlock the Insight parts of a new class. I have 1300 of those saved up I planned on spending on Slayer when I unlock it so I can make more progress in the global atlas, should I just throw them in my Paladin instead?

I think the idea is basically that you can get colored sparks at any time, by playing any class. So rather than use evolution sparks for those, you use them as 'class sparks' for classes you may not want to actually play. Since the only way to progress the back half of a class atlas is to actually play that class, or use evolution sparks.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
So I managed to get into a 10v10 last night, and it was a pretty entertaining clusterfuck, but the rewards were also 4 blue items in addition to the pvp bag. With as many people as we have it might be worth trying to coordinate loading the queue from time to time once we get enough people ~5k

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Ahahahaha, notorious Marvel Heroes shitposting sperg Harry Tasker is playing this game after he got banned from MH.

Probably doesn't mean much if you haven't played MH, but that is some funny poo poo.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Xavier434 posted:

If Berzerker has reasonably high mobility then I am definitely going to focus on it first. It sounds like a lot of fun if you enjoy melee and dodging.
yo check your pms if you havent already

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
It is pathetically easy to convince people in observatory chat that the Wednesday resets are full server wipes.

But even without that people are melting down regularly over the cap. I wonder if they'll bow to pressure and relax it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Anoia posted:

It is pathetically easy to convince people in observatory chat that the Wednesday resets are full server wipes.

But even without that people are melting down regularly over the cap. I wonder if they'll bow to pressure and relax it.

The Russians have the same deal and I am sure they are well aware of the hate. In a design perspective this is a good idea in order to throttle players while you generate more content. Most MMOs you would see players chew through the whole loving game in a week and then quit or wane out. Its a good idea to throttle on paper but you gotta deal with the fallout of super spergs running into a brick wall at full speed and then crying for being told to calm the gently caress down and do something else.

Not the best idea to limit the players in progression speed but it is an idea. The benefits of it at least allow for players with not a lot of free time to play at their own pace and still keep up with everyone. So Casual Friendly but not Sperg friendly.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I didn't want anyone to say anything about the "Hard hitting mobs". Motherfuckers telegraph their bashes very obviously so people need some time alone with themselves to weed out their inner suck. I watched a guy in Lanbar Catacombs take the wave attack from the final boss every time and said it would be fine because they are paladin. He died not soon after.

To be fair when the swarm type enemies have telegraphed leap attacks its kinda hard to dodge all of them especially with the tiny windup and massive range.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I think most people complaining about the caps are upset that they can't unlock their preferred class in the first week, but not necessarily as a form of content gating. Either way, everyone here knows what happens with the typical MMOG: spergs sperg for a month, complain that there's no end-game content and promptly quit. Those are the same people complaining about capping out in two days, and let's face it, there's no pleasing them.

With that said, I dislike the credit cap. But from what I've read, it increases significantly at higher prestige, so I'm not too worried about it.

Stormgale posted:

To be fair when the swarm type enemies have telegraphed leap attacks its kinda hard to dodge all of them especially with the tiny windup and massive range.

I've only noticed those when playing ranged. Something to do with the speed buff, I'm guessing.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 14, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Liberatore posted:

Either way, everyone here knows what happens with the typical MMOG: spergs sperg for a month, complain that there's no end-game content and promptly quit. Those are the same people complaining about capping out in two days, and let's face it, there's no pleasing them.

Liberatore, I think you are wrong.

I think I could please stormgale.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Liberatore posted:

I think most people complaining about the caps are upset that they can't unlock their preferred class in the first week, but not necessarily as a form of content gating. Either way, everyone here knows what happens with the typical MMOG: spergs sperg for a month, complain that there's no end-game content and promptly quit. Those are the same people complaining about capping out in two days, and let's face it, there's no pleasing them.

With that said, I dislike the credit cap. But from what I've read, it increases significantly at higher prestige, so I'm not too worried about it.

I've only noticed those when playing ranged. Something to do with the speed buff, I'm guessing.

The only thing I hope doesn't actually happen is you can cap in like 2 hours as you go on because the caps are just really arbitrarily low. Like, if they just keep the cap at the 10 hours or so to cap mark it's at right now it'll be good, 8-10 hours a week is pretty reasonable to me, especially since the cap rolls over to the next week too. If you wanna sperg past that then you can buy all the costumes and poo poo that no one else cares about sooner.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I don't have a problem with the spark cap especially since I do not have nearly enough time to play to the point that I reach the cap. I also agree that this complaining will probably stop after about a month or two when all the spergs quit. I also expect the developers to give in just a little bit on top of that.

In general though, I'm not really a fan of time gating content but I certainly understand why so many developers do it at least to some degree. What I very much prefer instead is for the game to attract and maintain players by having a large amount of rare and expensive vanity items that are fun and time consuming to obtain. It's also really good if the activities to obtain these items come in a variety of choices so it doesn't feel like you have to do the exact same thing over and over and over again. There is no avoiding repetition entirely in an MMO of course, but if I identify an item that I want to go for it is really cool if I have three or four choices in front of me that all lead to that same goal and all provide about the same amount of reward per hour spent playing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WarLocke posted:

Ahahahaha, notorious Marvel Heroes shitposting sperg Harry Tasker is playing this game after he got banned from MH.

Probably doesn't mean much if you haven't played MH, but that is some funny poo poo.

I put 300 hours into MH before quitting. He's an absolute delight and would sit in a hub and argue with people for houuuuuuurs.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Liberatore posted:

Possibly, It just really sucks for multiple packs of the Cursed undead guys, pack 1 dies to missile spam easy but 2-3 speed p and rush you, leap attacking 3/4 of my HP bar from 15-20 m away

Third World Reggin posted:

I think I could please stormgale.

Only Eonwe can make my Kokoro go doki doki, i'm sorry

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Stormgale posted:

Possibly, It just really sucks for multiple packs of the Cursed undead guys, pack 1 dies to missile spam easy but 2-3 speed p and rush you, leap attacking 3/4 of my HP bar from 15-20 m away

The problem i've been having is that "weak" enemies seem to do an order of magnitude more damage than their strong counterparts. An autohit attack doing more than my entire health bar cant be intentional, can it?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
As per the OP I switched from Cryomancer to something else, choosing Paladin. Sure, I thought Cryomancer was nice, but may as well try something else.

It's so much faster and involved, more fun. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

tlarn posted:

As per the OP I switched from Cryomancer to something else, choosing Paladin. Sure, I thought Cryomancer was nice, but may as well try something else.

It's so much faster and involved, more fun. Holy poo poo.

This.

• Locked thread