Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

it stinks because I'd get hyped for Fedor vs Overeem, Fedor vs JDS, Fedor vs Velasquez, Fedor vs Werdum 2, Fedor vs Cro Cop 2, and others. But nope.

Mostly I'd be hyped for Fedor vs USADA inspectors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i can't think of a single heavyweight in any organisation that i'd want to see fedor fight. like maaaaaaaaaaybe you could sell a rematch with crocop off of pride never die nostalgia but imagine the loving sad reality when the fight actually starts.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

fedor vs stefan struve would be funny I want that

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i can't think of a single heavyweight in any organisation that i'd want to see fedor fight. like maaaaaaaaaaybe you could sell a rematch with crocop off of pride never die nostalgia but imagine the loving sad reality when the fight actually starts.

same. though i can't help but differentiate between what i want to watch and what i would watch. kimbo / shamrock for instance

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Yeah he might do alright in Bellator's heavyweight division considering it's pretty much like the first set of guys in Punch Out.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Fedor vs batista or bobby lashley, with the promos being those dudes pinning Brock Lesnar for the WWE title.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm glad my THE LAST EMPEROR shirt is relevant again

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
I'd take a Hunt rematch.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Given that they've worked together before and Bellator is willing to book people in their 50s I have to assume the endgame here is Fedor/Couture

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

CarlCX posted:

Given that they've worked together before and Bellator is willing to book people in their 50s I have to assume the endgame here is Fedor/Couture

This should not be plausible but unfortunately it is

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Fedor/Couture might be good enough for PPV but even that fight I question how much it would make these days.

Bellator will be able to offer Fedor more of what he wants but they are not going to get their money back on PPV or free TV. So that's the only reason why I think UFC might be able to snag him unless Lorenzo low balls him again.

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 15, 2015

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Randy/Fedor would be great, but I want Kimbo/Fedor.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If he gets to the UFC,

Fedor-Duffee
Fedor-Mir
Fedor-Overeem

in that order

:v:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Is Randy not technically still under UFC contract? If he tries to take a Fedor fight in an outside organization and gets sued,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizCMO-mI1Q

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

Fedor/Couture might be good enough for PPV but even that fight I question how much it would make these days.

Bellator will be able to offer Fedor more of what he wants but they are not going to get their money back on PPV or free TV. So that's the only reason why I think UFC might be able to snag him unless Lorenzo low balls him again.

Unless somebody higher up at Viacom steps in, Coker is going to shovel money at Fedor until he gets him, for the same reason he did the first time - Coker is a fanboy first, promoter second.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
You can bet someone higher up at Viacom will step in when the lawyers review the contract and see that Vadim / Kogan / whoever demanded favourable interviews on The Late Show.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

Unless somebody higher up at Viacom steps in, Coker is going to shovel money at Fedor until he gets him, for the same reason he did the first time - Coker is a fanboy first, promoter second.

Yeah. The only thing I thought of was UFC and Fedor almost had a deal worked out a few years ago, separate from the pre and post Strikeforce negotiations that were disastrous. So maybe relations are better between those two camps now, but like you said Coker will keep raising his offer until he gets him.

And that is why Bellator is going to fail. UFC could get some utility out of Fedor even if they did overpay him by a bit. Bellator can't unless their gambit of "building big top cards" pays off. Which it won't. But maybe UFC will enjoy having Fedor become one of the top paid fighters again and that will get the FTC off their backs again, dunno.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

james thompson.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If Bellator is going to throw dump trucks of cash at a fat heavyweight to lure him out of retirement, it better be Cole Konrad :mad:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

its going to be bobby lashley but i want it to be JT

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Cut Bader from the UFC, get him to bulk up to heavyweight, feed him to comedy lions.

Give him a Tito rematch while we're at it.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Bubba Smith posted:

it stinks because I'd get hyped for Fedor vs Overeem, Fedor vs JDS, Fedor vs Velasquez, Fedor vs Werdum 2, Fedor vs Cro Cop 2, and others. But nope.

Even if he were to end up in the UFC it might be best for him to consider moving down to light-heavyweight. He was always a small heavyweight who relied on his skill and speed to take down bigger opponents, so with advancing age he should probably try to compensate for the loss of speed and stamina by moving to the lighter division.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mr.48 posted:

Even if he were to end up in the UFC it might be best for him to consider moving down to light-heavyweight. He was always a small heavyweight who relied on his skill and speed to take down bigger opponents, so with advancing age he should probably try to compensate for the loss of speed and stamina by moving to the lighter division.

Compensate for the loss of speed and stamina by moving down into a lighter division where the other fighters are faster and better conditioned? Seems good.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

however if he's a LHW outside the ufc his toughest competition is what, liam mcgreery?

i mean poo poo, lhw outside the ufc is probably the most drastically bad division

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr.48 posted:

fatherdog posted:

Compensate for the loss of speed and stamina by moving down into a lighter division where the other fighters are faster and better conditioned? Seems good.

Fedor vs Jon Jones in a retirement fight for the loser

Hell, that'd sell me a PPV

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'd watch Fedor fight a bad fighter in Bellator on free TV but there's not a chance in hell I'd pay for it.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Yuriy posted:

however if he's a LHW outside the ufc his toughest competition is what, liam mcgreery?

i mean poo poo, lhw outside the ufc is probably the most drastically bad division

Phil Davis is in Bellator. He might often be boring, but I'm sure he could wrestle a Russian has been for a few rounds.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Yuriy posted:

Outside?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC just put up a free Titan FC fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh5RUSagwbY

and this one a little while ago too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCRplLSN6q8

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Spike's started streaming tonight's Bellator prelims, where every weight is trashweight.

http://bellator.spike.com/live

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Yup we're watching here in #mma on synirc.net

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
So far I am regretting remembering there's a bellator card tonight

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Ok, I take that back.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
The longest of walkouts.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ he's still doing it.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Ironic Twist posted:

Spike's started streaming tonight's Bellator prelims, where every weight is trashweight.

http://bellator.spike.com/live

Is there an alternative for this? it's not loading for me

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

origami posted:

Prelims are over, the main card is on Spike now.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

origami posted:

That's just for prelims, main card is on Spike TV or just use http://taima.tv/r/mma

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Yuriy posted:

That's just for prelims, main card is on Spike TV or just use http://taima.tv/r/mma

oh right thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I missed the prelims, how was the Neer fight?