Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Is the Subjugation CB glitched? I am using it to conquer the Abbasids, do I really get the entire empire when I win?

Lol, Yes you do. It's totally OP.
code:
nomad_subjugation = {

[...]

on_success = {

[...]	

FROM = {										
		# ENGLISH: 'FROM' is the guy you targeted when you declared a war.

hidden_tooltip = {		
			# All this poo poo /isn't/ shown in explicit detail when you hover over the CB.

set_defacto_liege = ROOT
				# 'ROOT' is you. This means that FROM (your enemy) now has a liege: you

any_demesne_title = {
				# this checks all titles that FROM (your enemy) has

limit = {							
					# 'limit' refines the search, so within the any demesne titles FROM holds, only...

higher_tier_than = ROOT
						# titles of a high ranker than what ROOT (you) control are valid.
					}
					ROOT = { grant_title = { target = PREV type = invasion } }
					# any title of a higher rank than what ROOT currently has is now granted to ROOT

add_pressed_claim = PREV
					# little flag is added saying that a claim was pressed on that title

set_character_flag = had_higher_titles
					# a flag is added to FROM saying that FROM used to have higher titles than ROOT.
					# There's an extra bit in the CB after this which re-states 
					# the set_defacto_liege thing so that FROM definitely becomes a vassal of ROOT
				}

[...]
			}
		}
	}
}
Oh my god, that is exactly it.

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Seems this patch broke the "Feudal into republic" trick.
Dang, so much for my Messalian Socotra strategy.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I'm thinking it would make sense that when you go to war for a foreign claimant and you win, that claimant would become your tributary. I'm wondering if it's possible to mod that in.

Would give you a reason to invite claimants to your courts other than to just produce heirs with claims on titles you want. You'd be able to use it to create puppet states, kind of like how a number of barbarian kingdoms installed or tried to install their own Roman usurper emperors in the 5th century.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 15, 2015

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Is there a list anywhere of DLC locked features from Horse Lords? I need to check it quickly for a thing.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I wish they would rebreak the prisoners complaining. I am the loving king, why do I give a poo poo about how uncomfortable some traitors are?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

So now we have actual bisexuals:

At least, it's the first I've noticed them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

So now we have actual bisexuals:

At least, it's the first I've noticed them.

Its been in. I noticed it the other night when I looked at one of my Dukes who was literally loving anything that he could hold down

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Is it just me, or is the ruler ribbon for republics violently tangerine? That is super distracting.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Haven't paid attention in a few months and this snuck up. Holy poo poo the archer/horse archer nerfs (and light infantry :confused:) in terms of stats and tactics (and assault using melee stats).

On the other hand...government modding? Sweet. Time for a matriarchal republic playthrough.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

lurksion posted:

Haven't paid attention in a few months and this snuck up. Holy poo poo the archer/horse archer nerfs (and light infantry :confused:) in terms of stats and tactics (and assault using melee stats).

On the other hand, steppe cultures basically wander around with stacks of pure cavalry now.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

Is it just me, or is the ruler ribbon for republics violently tangerine? That is super distracting.

I just loaded my Venice game and they are really orange. Also, the Respect meters for Doge succession are completely broken, as is my research screen. Are there any backups for Iron man saves in case this messed things up bad? Edit: Tried to roll back to the 2.3.6 and it's unsupported. I guess I just have to not play for a while and hope this gets fixed then?

Also, are republics allowed to have vassal republics? As Venice, controlling Carpathia and the Wendish Empires, I set up Pomerania as a republic, but they never developed any trade zones.

Anonononomous fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 15, 2015

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Oh hey, my second wife, who had like three kids with another man and hosed off to the court of some Emir, just came back to my court in Nikaea,complete with the title 'The Unfaithful.'

Hope she doesn't take it too personally when me and my seven or so conspirators kill her.

Also, I did a little digging in the family trees and it looks like one dude - another Strategos - has been using my court as his personal harem, including my wives and a few daughters. He's got the title 'the Seducer' so I'm not sure I can even be mad.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Schizotek posted:

On the other hand, steppe cultures basically wander around with stacks of pure cavalry now.
Also given those nerfs I think light cav rule all now in terms of cost-efficiency. Fine by me. I love light cav.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Does the current Steam sale of the CK2 collection include all the DLC or are there ones that aren't in the pack?

Edit: As I referenced what is listed in the OP I see that the most recent 3 aren't in the pack. Is it still a good enough deal at $45 without those 3 DLCs?

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 15, 2015

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Can I play Jewish horselords as the Khazars, or do they stop being horselords once they start being Jewish?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
1.) Are there renders of the units from the Horse Lords content pack somewhere?
2.) Can somebody post a rundown of what the new portrait frames mean since they're kind of disorienting.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Anonononomous posted:

Also, are republics allowed to have vassal republics? As Venice, controlling Carpathia and the Wendish Empires, I set up Pomerania as a republic, but they never developed any trade zones.

No, only the top lieges republic exists. I had a fun game once where I conquered Britannia as a Norse republic, made every single duchy except Essex a republic, and then granted the empire title to the feudal ruler and sat back to watch the fireworks.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Can I play Jewish horselords as the Khazars, or do they stop being horselords once they start being Jewish?

Religion and government type are totally disconnected (except for Iqta which is the Muslim specific government), so you should be able to be nomads of any religion.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Religion and government type are totally disconnected (except for Iqta which is the Muslim specific government), so you should be able to be nomads of any religion.

What I mean to ask is if the 867 Khazars are still Nomads or if they've settled down into ordinary Feudalism (because, if I remember correctly, the earlier Khazars aren't Jews).

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Okay, wait a minute, that wasn't there before.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Ofaloaf posted:

Yeah, they added in new straits for gameplay reasons, that one, gottland-mainland and wales-ireland are the ones I can see as new.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Solemn Sloth posted:

gottland-mainland

oh you holdin out little bitch. :getin:

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah, they added in new straits for gameplay reasons, that one, gottland-mainland and wales-ireland are the ones I can see as new.

Yeah r/paradoxplaza is making GBS threads itself right now. I shudder to imagine what the paradox forums are like right now.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ofaloaf posted:

That one is good, because the AI can't handle embarking units. I tried playing a Sicily game in the Charlemagne start and intentionally stay a vassal King in the Byz. Every time the Emperor would raise levies, he'd get about 20k from me and then slooooowly march them up to the alps and back down into the Balkans or the more insane route through France, Spain and across North Africa to fight in Egypt.

This somewhat accommodates that problem but the AI really really needs to learn naval action. Across all Paradox games. I've never seen the AI do a decent naval action in the HOI, EU, CK or Vicky franchises.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
So selecting 'Quit to Menu' is now closing the game entirely for me.

Otherwise, I'm pretty delighted.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Solemn Sloth posted:

wales-ireland

Ireland no long safe place to be.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I kind of want to see an enterprising modder making straits everywhere. Walk from Canarias to Iceland!

And also an ahistorical Suez Canal because why not.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Dareon posted:

I kind of want to see an enterprising modder making straits everywhere. Walk from Canarias to Iceland!

I'd love for a high tech level ruler with a bajillion gold to be able to dig out the suez canal

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Apparently there was a canal from the Nile to the Red Sea, but it was abandoned presumably because it was too much work to maintain.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

What I mean to ask is if the 867 Khazars are still Nomads or if they've settled down into ordinary Feudalism (because, if I remember correctly, the earlier Khazars aren't Jews).

867 Khazars are still Nomads and still Jewish. Nomads seem to instantly convert any nomadic province, so you shouldn't have the pagan revolts from hell anymore.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

867 Khazars are still Nomads and still Jewish. Nomads seem to instantly convert any nomadic province, so you shouldn't have the pagan revolts from hell anymore.

No but people really want you loving dead still.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Dareon posted:

Shadeoses posted:

Apparently there was a canal from the Nile to the Red Sea, but it was abandoned presumably because it was too much work to maintain.

The Canal of the Pharaohs existed until 767 AD.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm not going to spoil what goes on, but the wolf event chain is loving bizarre. It's almost Secret Bear levels of bizarre, except it's actually in the game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TTBF posted:

I'm not going to spoil what goes on, but the wolf event chain is loving bizarre. It's almost Secret Bear levels of bizarre, except it's actually in the game.

What is secret bear?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

So, I'm the Roman Emperor and neither of my sons were born in the purple. I named my younger son Despot since he's a genius and I married him to a foreign duchess so I could inherit the duchy. A few months after this happens, I get a notification that my older moron son is my heir now. Younger genius son isn't dead, but I don't have any options for granting titles or anything. What the hell just happened?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

What is secret bear?

It was a joke DLC announced by Paradox, I think on April Fool's. Sort of like the Skeletons DLC or the lolcats DLC. Essentially you could take a walk in the forest and a bear would attack you and take your place, pretending to be you. You then played as this secret bear and had to keep your identity as a bear secret. Kind of like Octodad I guess.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

YouTuber posted:

This somewhat accommodates that problem but the AI really really needs to learn naval action. Across all Paradox games. I've never seen the AI do a decent naval action in the HOI, EU, CK or Vicky franchises.

In Eu4, I was the Ottomsns with a vassal Iraq. I invaded Sicily and Spain was called into the war. Spain decided that the best way to respond to my naval invasion of Sicily was to sail their entire armada around the Cape of Good Hope to land 25,000 troops in Basra and blockade the Persian Gulf. When these troops were defeated, the armada went home. I never saw another Spanish soldier for the rest of the war, despite their having an army 85,000 strong.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
I'm sure this has been brought up by other spergs in the past, but Emperor Henry IV at the 1066 start is still in as Henry III. It's been like this since Charlemagne now and it's completely ruining my immersive reenactment of the Investiture Controversy :qq:

Good job on making Bolghars playable again though. I invaded Russia with my horde and I'm debating whether to stay nomadic or switch to iqta, since the entirety of my clans can pull up around 25 thousand troops and I have a feeling that number is going to drop when I settle down.

It's clear though that the best path to True Bulgaria is through submission to Allah :getin:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I may be super dumb for not seeing this, but how do nomads build trading posts on the silk road(if they do at all)? Nomads don't gain technology points and thus can't increase their trading post limit.

Also, the one rival clan in my Khaganate are greedy assholes, I hold 5 counties and they hold 8, but they still demand more.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

So, I'm the Roman Emperor and neither of my sons were born in the purple. I named my younger son Despot since he's a genius and I married him to a foreign duchess so I could inherit the duchy. A few months after this happens, I get a notification that my older moron son is my heir now. Younger genius son isn't dead, but I don't have any options for granting titles or anything. What the hell just happened?

I had the same problem, when my younger genius son simply left my court. Since only people in my court can have honorary titles from my realm, he ceased to be despot and his older idiot brother was set to inherit. Is your genius son still in your court/your direct vassal? If you gave him land and he became the vassal of one of your dukes/kings, this would remove the honorary title as well.

• Locked thread