Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

qirex posted:

perhaps his legacy will be permanently breaking public school instead!

anyone arguing in favor of teachers unions should be shot as a traitor to children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Valeyard posted:

bill gates - funds kids going to college with scholarships, over 12k since it began
steve jobs - funds factory with literal slaves that is renowned for being so bad that it popularized the term "suicide nets" in the west

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

yeah good luck getting your friend's HoloLens Cortana Simulator to work with your piece of crap iphone. lol.

*hefts 40-pound Microsoft HoloLens Hyper-Visual Studio Live Powered by Skype for HoloLens Pro backpack onto my shoulders*

now if you'll excuse me, i've got a date to catch

lol

you think people will buy hololens

or that it will ever be sold

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Valeyard posted:

creation of better condoms
with proceeds from the bill and melinda gates foundation, we may finally be able to make condoms tiny enough to fit ur dick

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

duTrieux. posted:

lol

you think people will buy hololens

or that it will ever be sold
people bought the kinect. and that was before it came with the xbone. also people bought, and continue to buy, the xbone.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You best believe I'll be posting from HoloLens some day

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Valeyard posted:

You best believe I'll be posting from HoloLens some day

already there,

you see that. that's my postin' jacket

and whats more....

its a holographic jacket, not even real sucker

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

already there,

you see that. that's my postin' jacket

and whats more....

its a holographic jacket, not even real sucker

come to concrete frog coffee in next 20 mins if u want an rear end kicking

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Valeyard posted:

bill gates - funds kids going to college with scholarships, over 12k since it began
steve jobs - funds factory with literal slaves that is reknown for being so bad that its workforce regularly kills itself

u realise the surface is made at the exact same pegatron factories rite?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

meanwhile in the real world where work needs to get done, apple is the choice of champions:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
something something goverment grants

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

"is the sapceship still in the sky?"

"no it isnt, windows crashe dagain"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

"is the sapceship still in the sky?"

"no it isnt, windows crashe dagain"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

o
m
g

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Wait, what?

:vince:

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE THAT VS IS TIED INTO A MUSIC APP

E: :lol:

Its not just windows 10, its using the music pass apparantly
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...07-bd270e4d990c

E :nsavince:

THE FIX

Here is fix (at least for me):

Open regedit

Go to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio

1. Edit the DisableProtectedAudioDG key

2. Change value from a 1 to 0

3. Reboot

4. Try the music app. Enjoy!

theultimo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 15, 2015

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
microsoft cant even write a music player without loving up horribly

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hooray for corporate synergy

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
wouldnt want someone testing their hacks on groove

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

reminds me of assembly programing class, where the spotify player refused to run if ollydebug was running

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

i had a bunch of ea games randomly not start until i figured out that securom was pitching a fit about Process Explorer having been run sometime since last reboot

i'm even more amused that there's literally a "break this function y/n" in the registry though

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

both the horses and their barn door both have died and rotted to dust when it comes to 'ripping' digital music tracks

hilarious

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

loving hell

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol rights protected music in 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont understand what they think they're stopping with that

does groove work while audaicty is open cos if so i got something to tell ms

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i used to rip soundcloud songs from the web, but the last time i tried they were using some crazy thing where the song is broken up into 3 second audio files put together with an m3u playlist lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

epic lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

qirex posted:

heh

day one was nov 22 2013

i seriously wonder how many of these they produced

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lmao

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

i seriously wonder how many of these they produced

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Last Chance posted:

i used to rip soundcloud songs from the web, but the last time i tried they were using some crazy thing where the song is broken up into 3 second audio files put together with an m3u playlist lol

its a waste of time bcos its trivial to record a song that is being played on a computer without doing anything other than capturing the output of the computer

the best thing is to just use poo poo quality versions like bandcamp and soundcloud do already

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Stux posted:

does groove work while audaicty is open cos if so i got something to tell ms
tell them that there operating system is a piece of poo poo

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
right before they came out, my MS rep called us and literally told us that everyone at work we knew (and friends and family) could buy day 1 editions for $499 from them with a special code, but we'd also get 2 games and an extra controller and stuff. no limit.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no one cares motherfucker

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beast of Bourbon posted:

right before they came out, my MS rep called us and literally told us that everyone at work we knew (and friends and family) could buy day 1 editions for $499 from them with a special code, but we'd also get 2 games and an extra controller and stuff. no limit.

what is the best videogame

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Stux posted:

its a waste of time bcos its trivial to record a song that is being played on a computer without doing anything other than capturing the output of the computer

the best thing is to just use poo poo quality versions like bandcamp and soundcloud do already

well before it was just as simple as finding the mp3 in the resources list and right click -> save as. but i guess i could fire up some audio recorder thing and start recording, then play it and then... oh ive fallen asleep already

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Last Chance posted:

that actually sounds alot like apple's http streaming implementation. at least, thats how its done with mp4 files, i've never heard of it being done with mp3

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Last Chance posted:

well before it was just as simple as finding the mp3 in the resources list and right click -> save as. but i guess i could fire up some audio recorder thing and start recording, then play it and then... oh ive fallen asleep already

on a mac u can jsut set ur audio input to be audio output and it will just record what is playing thru the sound card in a audio recording program. maybe windoes can do it??

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

on a mac u can jsut set ur audio input to be audio output and it will just record what is playing thru the sound card in a audio recording program. maybe windoes can do it??
not by default i don't think. but programs like audacity or w/e can record from audio out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lol.

amazed anyone even uses this in the first place. sad.

• Locked thread