Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

That's the anime shield working as imtended :hellyeah:

What keyboard is that? I just saved this as a draft and the dialog overlays the stock keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

baka kaba posted:

What keyboard is that? I just saved this as a draft and the dialog overlays the stock keyboard

Looks like SwiftKey.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters

baka kaba posted:

Tap the page number to unlock cheats

Ha! Thanks.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I'm getting some weird random "Error - Not Logged In" popups. The first time I got them was after I upgraded to 5.1, so I thought it was related to that and cleared app data. It's come back a couple times since then, but it'll go away on its own after a few minutes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The app has been working really well for me lately. Way fewer crashes. Thanks!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
This app works waaaay better than the iOS app, good job.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

notZaar posted:

This app works waaaay better than the iOS app, good job.

Go on...

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The iOS app just crashes all the time for me, for seemingly no reason (iPad 4.) I still like it, it's just less stable than the Android app.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Fair enough!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I have a feature request: add a Share action in the individual post drop down, maybe replacing copy link.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

One feature that would make me very happy is the ability to share youtube videos from youtube app to the awful app.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Is there a way to preview your posts on the Android app?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I have a feature request: add a Share action in the individual post drop down, maybe replacing copy link.
So the text of the post ? Pictures too? Videos? (I have no idea what is actually possible)

spankmeister posted:

One feature that would make me very happy is the ability to share youtube videos from youtube app to the awful app.
And do what with them?

Brawnfire posted:

Is there a way to preview your posts on the Android app?

Not yet.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Sereri posted:

So the text of the post ? Pictures too? Videos? (I have no idea what is actually possible)

The link to the post, sorry. The same link that copies to your clipboard.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Sharing from the app would be useful to linking people to posts I guess - a lot of apps handle URLs as an automated copy&paste

I always thought it would be nice to be able to share to the app, so you could kind of collect a bunch of links and be able to preview and add them to posts. So say you see a video you want to :justpost: about later, you could push it to the app and it would keep it in a list, and you could keep all your hilarious image macros to hand. That's a fair amount of effort though - I guess an easier feature would be sharing to the app, and if you have a post open in the editor, it'll insert the link/embed at the cursor

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sereri posted:

And do what with them?

Post them in a thread with proper [video] tags

Right now I have to do a weird thing where I "share" the video from youtube to the phone's clipboard then I switch back to awful and paste it in but it's in https://youtu.be format which the video tags don't understand so I have to edit it by hand and it's annoying as gently caress.

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I have the app set to always open links, and to open images as a link instead of inline (to speed things up on slow connections).

Whenever there's a link to a tinypic image, and I open it, the link never works. The page loads but the image doesn't. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the app or with the browser or what. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Tinypic is just terrible. That's all. :smithcloud:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hey what's the "error- not logged in" mean? Keeps on happening.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Possibly dumb question: do I need to do anything special to make attached images not show as broken links? Happens on my S4 mini running 4.2 and my Kindle Fire running Cyanogenmod. Both have login credentials stored in Chrome so tapping the broken image shows it in that, but it would be great if they showed natively!

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Just want to say I appreciate the way the menu bars on the top left morph into the arrow.

App is running fine other than the loading failed thing. That seems to happen if the app is left in any state running in the background for a while and then brought back.

Keep up the good work, it's appreciated

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Wizard of Smart posted:

Just want to say I appreciate the way the menu bars on the top left morph into the arrow.
That is nice, but in my opinion: The only thing in this app that ought to spin in circles is the frog.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

Hey what's the "error- not logged in" mean? Keeps on happening.

Nothing?

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

It's mildly annoying but doesn't actually break anything so nobody's gotten around to fixing it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

James Baud posted:

It's mildly annoying but doesn't actually break anything so nobody's gotten around to fixing it.

It is pretty annoying though for me the only way to fix it is to force close the app completely then it works for however long it wants to.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TontoCorazon posted:

It is pretty annoying though for me the only way to fix it is to force close the app completely then it works for however long it wants to.

Sorry, I misread your post as being about the "Loading failed" error when the app opens which goes away after a few seconds. Your problem does suck and I believe someone's been trying to track it down.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Awesome, thanks man.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Is there any way to disable the omnipresent blue quote/pencil button? It's got a deceptively big hitbox on my small phone.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Father Wendigo posted:

Is there any way to disable the omnipresent blue quote/pencil button? It's got a deceptively big hitbox on my small phone.
Are you talking about the Floating Action Button?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Father Wendigo posted:

Settings > Device and Navigation > Disable FABs

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Thermopyle posted:

Settings > Device and Navigation > Disable FABs
Thanks for the answer, I've been wanting to do that since I updated!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ugh I'm having that same issue again. Did the certificates expire again so quickly?

Can't log in on app

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Last time this happened I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the store, my login cookie was saved so I was good to go without logging in again. Try that.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Or do the opposite and just delete the app data.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Sereri posted:

Or do the opposite and just delete the app data.

Neither of those things worked :(

Dammit I really like using the app over the browser.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm an idiot and was typing my password wrong. Please shame me.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

baka kaba posted:

SwiftKey, fairly popular.

the issue has gone away. seems I needed to reboot the phone perhaps.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 17, 2015

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

is the "loading failed" message that shows up all the time a known issue?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Kommando posted:

is the "loading failed" message that shows up all the time a known issue?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
The app just logged me out, twice. I've been logged in for months until this point. Is this a known bug?

Looks to be working again now.