Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Great White Hope! posted:

Guys so I have this issue and I don't know if its been brought up yet or not but i got FFXIV on steam and i got Heavensward on steam and the Heavensward key didn't work. I got a refund, but I don't know how I should upgrade now. :(

I had that happen to me on a vanilla non steam copy. key got rejected on the mog station like 4 times, then worked no problem on the 5th attempt. Which makes no god drat sense but... welp.

I think youre hosed if you dont get it from steam though, once youre locked into the steam client you have to do it all through that store or buy a completely new basegame which isnt exactly cost effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
On some peoples' screenshots, I see a percentage number next to enemy HP bar. Is that something you can turn on in the client or are people using TPT?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mordiceius posted:

On some peoples' screenshots, I see a percentage number next to enemy HP bar. Is that something you can turn on in the client or are people using TPT?

In game client. I think character customization > HUD > HUD tab > checkbox is near the bottom

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bonewitch posted:

You want to replace one of those Snap Punches with a Demolish and re-up it when its at less than 5 seconds or so. Do the same with Touch of Death. At 50 you get Dragon Kick which replaces one of your Bootshines, and your full rotation becomes essentially DK->TS->Demo->BS->TS->SP (you'll need to change up the timing of demo as the fight progresses or else you'll end up clipping it too much)

Yeah that's pretty much mine, except my opening rotation is Touch of Death->BS->TS->SP->DK->Twin Snakes->Demo. I then switch to BS->TS->SP->BS->TS->SP->DK->Twin Snakes->Demo and work in Touch of Death just before it runs out.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Hildebrand storyline is like somebody put G-mod videos in FFXIV.

It's great. :allears:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
What cross class ability do I want on my monk?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

bonewitch posted:

You want to replace one of those Snap Punches with a Demolish and re-up it when its at less than 5 seconds or so. Do the same with Touch of Death. At 50 you get Dragon Kick which replaces one of your Bootshines, and your full rotation becomes essentially DK->TS->Demo->BS->TS->SP (you'll need to change up the timing of demo as the fight progresses or else you'll end up clipping it too much)

Fracture is a perfect way to get more bang for your DoT buck. Use it when one of them has five seconds left, and then reapply the dot right when it falls off

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Etrips posted:

Invigorate, Blood for Blood, Mercy Stroke, and :can: fracture

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Etrips posted:

Invigorate is the best cross class ability for any DPS that can take it period. It will massively increase your longevity and with Greased Lightning 3 you tend to be one of the first classes that runs out of TP.

Tarranon posted:

Fracture is a perfect way to get more bang for your DoT buck. Use it when one of them has five seconds left, and then reapply the dot right when it falls off
Except Touch of Death is a better Fracture in every way and Fracture costs too much TP for MNK's. Mercy Stroke's nice for some execute oomph/health gain if you time it well.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

EponymousMrYar posted:

Invigorate is the best cross class ability for any DPS that can take it period. It will massively increase your longevity and with Greased Lightning 3 you tend to be one of the first classes that runs out of TP.

Except Touch of Death is a better Fracture in every way and Fracture costs too much TP for MNK's. Mercy Stroke's nice for some execute oomph/health gain if you time it well.

umm....when did i say not to use tod lol

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

EponymousMrYar posted:

Assuming you have enough TP, Fracture is a dps increase on MNK

Etrips posted:

Invigorate is unbelievably cruical. Blood For Blood is a great dps increase and you should aim to have it soon after hitting 50. Fracture is good if you have the TP for it (Nin/Bard feeding your TP, or a fight with lots of downtime). Mercy Stroke is free damage.

Your last slot will probably be Foresight, Keen Flurry or Bloodbath depending on preference and the fight.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can you get divorced in the game?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Tenzarin posted:

It's called a ceremony of eternal bonding.

Even if they shut down the servers, you'll be metaphysically connected forever.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can you get married more than once?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tenzarin posted:

Something I found on reddit posted:

Yes! I was able to keep my mount. I married my mother, as awkward as that sounds, and wanted to marry my boyfriend whom I just recruited to the game. I was able to keep all my rewards from the ceremony! :)

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
yeah you can annul a bonding ceremony near the person you get the mount from, the small tower/building before you reach the church.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hang on you get items for being married?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

post more cattes instead of gitgud talk you fuckheads

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Apparently people were getting sub-2m kills on Manipulator by being able to target the body from the jump without touching the legs, which I'm assuming was the exploit in question

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

Servers are back up

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

Niton posted:

It's definitely not intended - as your collectability increased, not only did the rate you got clusters go down (because of Aethersand, naturally), but the amount you got went down. The clusters themselves are intentional, but not the volume (which might be 10x intended, if regular Moraines are anything to go off of).

It would be very surprising to me if they decided to do an emergency maintenance over this considering it's been known and talked about since people first hit 60 miner/botanist and tested what aetherial reduction was about. Even if they give too many crystals or clusters, it isn't something worth taking the servers down immediately versus waiting a few hours until it isn't prime time. People have been farming this for weeks. I'd think the amount of stuff you get from aetherial reduction is completely intended anyways, it's supposed to eclipse just hitting a rock to get them. And no, it doesn't give you 300 a minute over time or anything close to that because you need to touch 3 rocks in between the ephemeral node to respawn it, and if it doesn't have one of the rare rocks (it usually doesn't, but they aren't that rare) you will get almost nothing from the normal rock.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Dr Pepper posted:

The Hildebrand storyline is like somebody put G-mod videos in FFXIV.

It's great. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_2twcQvexo

Hildebrand spoilers i guess? but I think this is the best

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Apparently people were getting sub-2m kills on Manipulator by being able to target the body from the jump without touching the legs, which I'm assuming was the exploit in question

I don't think that matters enough for an emergency maint.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

This outfit is the poster child for the need of multiple dye slots on clothes. You can only dye part of the tanned part of this, the sash and puffy shirt stays those colors.

E: Oh and the arms also do not get dyed

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 15, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

"Catte"

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007

Boten Anna posted:

Doing an unsynced pony farm 15 minutes before maintenence is really fun and I highly recommend it.

Im still bummed I had to go to work and couldnt do more after servers came back :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Are lizards cats?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

KaneTW posted:

I don't think that matters enough for an emergency maint.

They act lickety-split anytime someone finds a way to cheese primal/coil fights so this is nothing new.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Boten Anna posted:

They act lickety-split anytime someone finds a way to cheese primal/coil fights so this is nothing new.

ahem

Let me remind you that twintania was completely loving broken in a myriad of ways for literal months

T2 enrage was never fixed.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Still working, its not that profitable though considering its the 'hidden' slot in an ephemeral patch

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

KaneTW posted:

ahem

Let me remind you that twintania was completely loving broken in a myriad of ways for literal months

T2 enrage takes longer than doing it normal, though. I haven't made it to Burden yet but I'm guessing times less than two minutes on that fight are a bit faster than they should be.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

kafziel posted:

T2 enrage takes longer than doing it normal, though. I haven't made it to Burden yet but I'm guessing times less than two minutes on that fight are a bit faster than they should be.

it's still broken and allows you to do the fight without doing any mechanic

my point is basically that it doesn't matter in the slightest for the game if a group can kill a piss-easy boss in 2 minutes or 5 minutes

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
What the hell is the timeout in this game? I was lagging hard so I figured I'd just pull my USB wifi adapter and move it to another port where it sometimes has a better signal, and now I'm stuck in "You are still logged in" hell.

Feel bad for the party I was with, christ. How does this game not just let you reconnect before your character has timed out :psyduck:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Hey so I think the Alexander boss music is v. good.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Pews posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_2twcQvexo

Hildebrand spoilers i guess? but I think this is the best

Ahaha, I didn't notice the limit break sound at 1:00. I love this cutscene so much.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

KaneTW posted:

ahem

They pretty much accepted t2 enrage though. One time a patch broke it (made the enrage a lot stronger) and they reverted it because of that.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Francis posted:

What is probably a bug is how you get ethereal nodes to spawn faster, but that's still not something to take the servers down over, especially not after an entire month.

what, respawning them by looking at the nearby nodes and closing them out without harvesting anything? I really doubt if they'd hotfix that since regular nodes work the same way and everyone has been taking advantage of it forever to get maps and other hidden stuff.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

hey "cattes" is plural dick :mad:

even worse, no catte pic

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Shut up and look at how pretty this game can be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Been toying with using an Archaeoskin Jackcoat instead, so this outfit is a little outdated.

• Locked thread