Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

The Clit Avoider posted:

This is just mentally deficient garbage.

ThrashGangsters Offical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I dunno, I'd say the chances of that being serious are still there. Don't underestimate people's ability for lack of self-critique.

In other news, Hibria have released a new song and yup, it again sucks rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQY6N9F4JGE

Goddamnit guys your first two albums are power metal classics, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS poo poo

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
flamethrower guitar was awesome in mad max, awful in that video

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Nordick posted:

I dunno, I'd say the chances of that being serious are still there. Don't underestimate people's ability for lack of self-critique.

In other news, Hibria have released a new song and yup, it again sucks rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQY6N9F4JGE

Goddamnit guys your first two albums are power metal classics, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS poo poo

what's wrong with their faces

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty sure that picture is when they were in the lineup at the local police station.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I'm wondering if anyone in this thread might be able to help me find something. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he mentioned the band The Sword, and I kept thinking I'd seen some article (or hell maybe even just a goon post) a long loving time ago whose entire premise was just how much the band sucked and how they were an affront to metal or something. So far I haven't been able to find it but I know it exists and I'm hoping maybe some of you guys remember what I'm thinking of.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
So I've heard like 2-3 songs from the new Fear Factory record and .... uh. nope :(

I wish I could enjoy it, I've been a huge fan since the early 90s aside from that whole digimortal tragedy and this newer stuff sounds waaaaaaayyyyyy too much like that.

Still got the Industrialist though. drat, that album was solid as gently caress.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I'm wondering if anyone in this thread might be able to help me find something. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he mentioned the band The Sword, and I kept thinking I'd seen some article (or hell maybe even just a goon post) a long loving time ago whose entire premise was just how much the band sucked and how they were an affront to metal or something. So far I haven't been able to find it but I know it exists and I'm hoping maybe some of you guys remember what I'm thinking of.

If you find it let me know so I can punch the author.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

RedneckwithGuns posted:

http://www.heavymetalpt.com/stuff/FalseMetal.pdf

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
The new Gorgoroth is pretty boring :(

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Fenrir posted:

So I've heard like 2-3 songs from the new Fear Factory record and .... uh. nope :(

I wish I could enjoy it, I've been a huge fan since the early 90s aside from that whole digimortal tragedy and this newer stuff sounds waaaaaaayyyyyy too much like that.

Still got the Industrialist though. drat, that album was solid as gently caress.

I don't know why Fear Factory are popular honestly. They use like two strings of their guitar, even Meshuggah have some occasional leads.

Sybreed and Mechina at least spice it up with some more creative synth work.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Meshuggah's aesthetic is less dorky too. it's the Geiger counterpart to Fear Factory's Matrix trenchcoats

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
The mid-90s were a weird time. You had to be there.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i was, but the world has moved on. most of us were less than thrilled with the matrix sequels but fear factory is apparently just now going "maybe agent smith was right...maybe we ARE the virus..!!!"

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I remember a friend being really into Fear Factory back when I loved Limp Bizkit and assorted rap metal and even in those dark hot dog flavored times I knew they were bad.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Here's some Fear Factory for everyone.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

COOL CORN posted:

The new Gorgoroth is pretty boring :(

New Cradle of Filth is better than new Gorgoroth?! Wtffffffffff

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

This is worth reading. A really cool revelation is that the current guitarists for Dragonforce used to be in a NSBM band that had song titles like "Niggerslut"

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Roughly as NSBM as barbatos or anal oval office, yeah

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe that the album featuring these lyrics might have been a little tongue-in-cheek in other ways (this is from "Niggerslut," for those curious):

quote:

Eating your heart out in the high heavens
We have heaviest beats of all time
We worship Satan and we're loving evil

People often forget that the nineties were the same decade that Vince Offer released The Underground Comedy Movie.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Demoniac were so bad that the guys from the German band of the same name changed their name to Moonblood to avoid being associated with them.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Sorry to interrupt, but for any Boston-area goons that missed it, this is happening at O'Briens this weekend.
http://www.vanyaland.com/2015/07/07/metal-summer-heres-the-full-18-band-lineup-of-allstons-grub-sweat-and-beers-festival/

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I admit a pretty big deficit of knowledge about metal, but I've been digging Lamb of God's Ashes of the Wake lately. It's awesome gym music - full of fun riffs and tons of energy. What else is good along these lines?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

dantheman650 posted:

I admit a pretty big deficit of knowledge about metal, but I've been digging Lamb of God's Ashes of the Wake lately. It's awesome gym music - full of fun riffs and tons of energy. What else is good along these lines?

These were in my gym rotation when I actually did things with my body besides make it worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi0lTjpGsQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJquDQ5ucxc

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

dantheman650 posted:

People will probably suggest Five Finger Death Punch but I hate them while I love Lamb of God.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

dantheman650 posted:

Bolt Thrower

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I like The Sword.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I remember that being a thing and not getting it

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Living in the countryside in Europe when I was a teenager, and the fact there was no "that goth/metalhead kid" at my school for some reason, and this was very early-Internet, I discovered metal through... Napster. I wanted to download stuff heavier (without knowing it really) than my father's AC/DC, Black Sabbath or ZZ Top records. So I started looking around and somehow ended up downloading Metallica stuff. I'm literally one of the guys Lars Ulrich hated, felt "was killing the industry", wanted to sue. But since then I've bought all of their albums, a few t-shirts and went to a couple of their concerts (when they deign visit France). So I would say Napster allowed Metallica to make around $500 from me, not a bad deal. Lars, you're an rear end in a top hat for not getting this.

Then got into early Korn, Rage Against the Machine, but then stumbled upon Machine Head and PanterA and went full thrash-metal lover.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Yeah I didn't mean to make anyone think I don't like the Sword, they're a fun band, I just couldn't remember where I'd seen that. For a bit I could have sworn it was written by Brian Posehn of all people, but that turned up nothing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dantheman650 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLBIIxplm_4

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

dantheman650 posted:

Agree with Bolt Thrower on this as well. Might want to give Hatebreed a shot. And Amon Amarth. Those are my 4 go to Gym playlist bands, when I have nothing else to listen to.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Absolutely seconding Amon Amarth, all of their uptempo songs are perfect for working out (and dangerous for driving).

If you don't get a huge throbbing viking-boner when listening to this song, you are dead inside:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfcTbK-U1YQ

But I have to say the Sabaton cover is suitably epic as well, and I'm not sure whether growling or rolled 'R's work best for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZrCQFSkLcE

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

me and my friends used to use this as our "rickroll" in the late 90s. send someone an mp3 saying it was going to be cool, get speakers full of this horrible cover.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I don't do gyms, but if I did, I would also totally listen to Bolt Thrower and Amon Amarth.

For some less deathy stuff, Grand Magus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01HKzJyXZOg

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nordick posted:

For some less deathy stuff, Grand Magus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01HKzJyXZOg

I love Angry Metal Guy's review of this album:

quote:

The album standout to these ears is the title track, which smashes together “Iron Will” and “Son of the Last Breath” for a real storm-bursting slab of metal with more heart than the Mayo Clinic on National Organ Donation Day.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
General rule of thumb: listen to Destroyer 666. Applies exponentially in the gym.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Much as I want to punch this hypothetical anti-Sword person right in the dick, I have to admit their latest single is disappointing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI-HrHi1YvY

e:

Klaaz posted:

People will probably suggest Five Finger Death Punch but I hate them while I love Lamb of God.

About half of FFDP's output is worthwhile, try out American Capitalist. Either you like the groove metal genre (me) or you don't (this thread).

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 15, 2015

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

The Clit Avoider posted:

General rule of thumb: listen to Destroyer 666. Applies exponentially in the gym.

This is sage life advise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

After listening to the new CoF album on the way back from work - its actually pretty decent, reminds me of Midian-era. However, there was one track near the end of the drive that came on and I remember just being disgusted. "Right Wing of the Garden Triptych"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Y4uZ0rnRk

It starts out pretty bad.